Milan DVD appreciation thread - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 09-21-2006, 10:46 AM   #21
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:29 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Blue Room

All that being said, I still think the Milan DVD will see the light of day eventually. Give a year or two.
I don't know what to think, I remember reading the band/Willie Williams weren't happy with Milan footage, then we heard Hamish Hamilton say it is coming out, and now this...Milan scrapped but Popmart Mexico instead.

And as for the front row comment, didn't Bono once say "We make music other people can have sex to"?

Old 09-21-2006, 05:34 PM   #22
The Fly

Local Time: 04:29 AM
From Willies Diary:

Milan San Siro Stadium

We made our plans, constructed our strategy as to how to shoot this thing, then watched the band walk out on stage and do one of the greatest U2 shows I have ever seen. Bono told the audience (in Italian, I might add) \'last night was our first date, tonight \'we make love\', and if a band and their audience ever shagged each other, then this was the night it happened. It was a full on love-fest, they just nailed it, bless \'em

You\'ll be able to see it for yourself one day, as the whole thing is committed to digital media for posterity, but of the highlights for me personally, the greatest was Bono putting on a t-shirt thrown to him from the crowd. It was a particularly unfashionable shade of blue, but bore the \'Underground\' logo from London\'s public transport system. I had a little moment, right there in the truck.

The band did a runner, so afterwards, sitting on boxes with beers, I called Bono to say \'nice one\', to let him know that we had captured the whole spectacular, emotional event.

So i think Milan DVD WILL be released.

Old 09-21-2006, 05:43 PM   #23
New Yorker

Local Time: 10:29 PM
Amen 2 the hope that it will.
Old 09-22-2006, 05:17 AM   #24
War Child

Local Time: 03:29 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by ponkine
, and the crowd was lazy, asleep, like if they knew they were been filmed and they didn't give a d*** !. You can even notice Edge annoyed by the crappy performance and boring crowd. They didn't even come on stage to say goodbye with champagne (as they did it in Chile) and they didn't play Love Is Blindness as it was planned. They just wanted to finish the contractual gig and go to the hotel.
Are you serious? I think the audience is amazing, you can hear them actually humming the vertigo riff, and the new year's day piano riff, (just like italian fans). The show probably suffers and the band is not 100% on it because I think they had gotten bad news. This is just before postponing the rest of the tour. They probably had no choice but go on stage that night. But I think the audience is great.

IMHO best audience in a u2 release = Slane.
Old 09-22-2006, 05:24 AM   #25
War Child

Local Time: 03:29 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Blue Room

Now that is extremely debatable. Some of the best shows of the Vertigo and Elevation tours took place in N. America.
Errr yeah, especially beacuse 2/3 of the elevation tour was north america.