Midnight Oil and Alan Partridge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MBH

Acrobat
I realize that we wrote at length about the Oils a few weeks back, but I have some new info. that I wanted to pass along and get some feedback....

Firstly, I was lucky enough to win tickets from a local radio station here on Long Island to see Midnight Oil on April 28th(really looking forward to this; I will give you all review after the show---I am taking your advise on this one, Mr. Partridge!)

Secondly, Petere Garrett(lead singer of MO), was the guest DJ on Q-104.3 along with the legendary NY DJ Scott Muni today(Wednesday, the 3rd; Q-104.3 is a classic rock station in NYC, and one hell of a station, IMA).

Anyway, Garrett selected all the songs that were played for 1 hour. He played about 3 new songs off of the new album and they sounded great(including the one from the Letterman appearance). He also played some older classics like, "Blue Sky...." and "Beds are Burning."

Finally, his next to last song was, "Gloria" by U2. Garrett introduced the song by saying something like, "here is a song from one of my favorite bands, a classic called Gloria."(I am paraphrasing, so bare w/me, please).

Just wanted to tell this story and pass along the news. Look forward to any replies.

Thanks,
MBH
LI, NY

[This message has been edited by MBH (edited 04-03-2002).]

Back
Top Bottom