Miami - like it or hate it?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

getupoffurknees

Babyface
The song Miami from Pop is a song that I find quite interesting. I actually like it a lot. Most U2 fans I have talked to HATE it.

What do you guys think? Is it good or bad?

I enjoy the live versions, but the album version is poor. Still deserves a thumbs-up from me.

bababa-baba-fuckin'-bababa :up:

U2 really lost me during Zoo and Pop so it's quite rare that that I choose to listen to the album. And when I do I get bored after Disco and Mofo (my favourite tracks), so it's even rarer that I get to listen to Miami.

But saying that I think it's quite a neat track. Okay it falls short of exceptional by U2s own high standards and I would be disappointed if I heard it on tour, but I think the criticism it has had on here is a little harsh IMHO.

A straight 5/10 from me.

I love Miami. You haters can go listen to Heartland and cry emo tears k thx.

Love every moment of it. It's no Acrobat, it's no Walk On, but it's not a bad song. Songs don't have to be perfect and deep to be good. Sometimes they can just be peculiar and fun. And Miami is sexy. As I've said before, it's the only song in the world that could make me wanna get knocked up in a photo booth in Miami :drool:

Classic!

It's good when U2 don't sound like a 'safe' U2.

I like it when the band take risks and I can understand why most fans don't like it because of this.

love it , play it loud as possible , best song from pop and the underrated one , it's sad that u2 can't do stuff like this anymore
live version from las vegas is the best one ever
, and it's the song that tries ( in a good way ) to compete with bullet in anyway , just change some lyrics , add guitar solo and some live drums

:drool:

The guys that give a thumbs down or dislike Miami intensely are often the same people that hate experimental U2 and most of the 90's. Give them the coke riff and there verrrrrrrrrrry happy. Me, I think Miami is superb and is a brilliant follow-up song after the brilliance of Gone. From a truly superb album and, unfortunately, the last great album that U2 will probably do!

Has such a cool groove to it. I used to hate it. Love it now. Does a great job of painting a picture of the moment.

The guys who are giving thumbs down to Miami... don't like the song. The End

:down::up: I'm 50/50. Good musical ideas, bad execution, terrible lyrics. :shrug:

rjhbonovox said:
The guys that give a thumbs down or dislike Miami intensely are often the same people that hate experimental U2 and most of the 90's. Give them the coke riff and there verrrrrrrrrrry happy.

This is complete BS!!!

Musically it's cool, but it has some shit lyrics. Has nothing to do with not liking experimental U2.

:rolleyes:

rjhbonovox said:
The guys that give a thumbs down or dislike Miami intensely are often the same people that hate experimental U2 and most of the 90's. Give them the coke riff and there verrrrrrrrrrry happy. Me, I think Miami is superb and is a brilliant follow-up song after the brilliance of Gone. From a truly superb album and, unfortunately, the last great album that U2 will probably do!

Yikes, So"often" people who don't like "Miami" hate the U2 of the 90s? I'm sure there are some people who actually do hate all of the 90s, Miami included- but not many at least not that I've seen on this forum. No offence but dumb, dumb statement.

All power to you for your opinions on music but you really should stop commenting on others peoples tastes, and the reason why you think they have their opinions 'cos you come across as senile when you do.

Anyway I'm not keen on the song. Not near my fave from the album, or fave from the decade. And I love that decade!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom