Metal Detectors?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Inshakor

Babyface
I heard somewhere that security has been beefed up and some people have had cameras confenscated. I want to sneak in a small camcorder so my brother(who can't make it to a U2 show)can see some highlights. I'm sure U2 themselves wouldn't care and I'm not going to sell it or anything--I detest pirated U2 products. I'm just wondering when I go to the gate if some loud alarm will go off and then they'll see the camera and think it's a bomb and a team of security gaurds will be all over me with guns drawn ready to shoot and then it will be on all the news shows the next day.

I would like to know if I'm allowed to bring a camera to MSG in NYC. This wasn't a problem in Montreal last week so hopefully won't be an issue there either!

Anyone know???

I wouldn't think it would be a problem... I know that in line at the Hamilton show there were signs telling you what you could bring in. You should listen to whatever signs there are and find somewhere to keep whatever you can't bring in. At the Hamilton show you weren't allowed to bring camcorders, telephoto lenses or any stuff to get you a good quality picture. You could only bring disposables and digital cameras.

I was paranoid about this too - and as a result missed out on having my good camera at the montreal show. For chicago, I basically dismantled it and carried it in in different pockets, I was nervous since it's an SLR and not your basic 35mm which people have seemed to have no problem with. Then the second show I was able to bring my whole bag/camera/telephotos in with me since I had the photo passes
biggrin.gif
I think you should be ok - just try to conceal it the best you can. But then again, since it's NY I wouldnt be surprised if the security is much tighter. Good Luck!

------------------
"Edge, it's you she wants...it's you!...I know him! He's in my band!" Bono - Zoo Boston, 1992
- Kathleen -

Originally posted by Guy With The Stuff:
What seats did you have when you brought your telephoto? Did you get any good pictures?

I had photo passes from management - here's the story if interested
biggrin.gif
http://forum.u2wdd.org/u2feedback/Forum1/HTML/014491.html

------------------
"Edge, it's you she wants...it's you!...I know him! He's in my band!" Bono - Zoo Boston, 1992
- Kathleen -

Hi Inshakor!
Where have you been?
I'm going to LA 2 and 3, how about you?
In SD and Anaheim they allowed 35mm cameras as long as they were not the fancy ones with the telephoto lens.
I have no idea about video cameras but there are a lot of fan videos available, so there must be a way to get vid cameras in.

Someone at U2tours. posted that MSG isn't allowing napsacks, let alone cameras into the building...tight security indeed!

I'm wondering if anyone can confirm or deny this either way because there's no mention on the MSG website.

thanks!

Hi Nicamom!
I'm going to LA2. I was hoping on getting GA but there was a problem ditching church and getting to Ticketmaster so I got there 25 minutes after they went on sale and they were all sold out....But a kind Interferencer sold me his nice centerd $85 tix for face value so I'm going to try to make the most of it.
Believe me people the concealed...Don't ask how cause you probubly don't want to know. The only thing stopping me is a metal detector. I know when I went to Farmclub there was a metal detector but I don't remember one for Anaheim.
HAS ANYONE HAD TO GO THROUGH A METAL DETECTOR AT ANY OF THE THIRD LEG SHOWS?

I went to both Chicago shows and the Notre Dame show. There were no metal detectors. The Notre Dame show they didnt even look in bags or anything. In Chicago you could not bring in a back pack or large bag but cameras were allowed and women could bring in small purses. They checked the purses as they went in and patted down a few people (I think they did if you were wearing a bulky jacket or coat).

Back
Top Bottom