Merry Christmas...my small gift (please read)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryMullen's POPAngel

Blue Crack Distributor
I'll be up with the sun, I'm not coming down...
That is really sweet, sula.
smile.gif
I think I've gotten plenty from U2 fans this year so i won't "enter" the contest, but I just wanted to say that's swesome of you!
smile.gif

Oh, um...btw, which show did I ask you for last week? I forget! lol

------------------
A vampire or a victim
It depends on who's around

sula, you?re such an outstanding fan, what a nice initiative! I?ll try to enter the contest if I can come up with something of interest for you and the other fellows. I wish I were creative enough...

------------------
"To me a rock and roll concert is 3-D, it?s a physical thing - it?s rhythm for the body. It?s a mental thing in that it should be intellectually challenging. But it?s also a spiritual thing, because it?s a community, it?s people agreeing on something, even if it?s only for an hour and a half." (Bono, as quoted in the book U2 The Road to Pop)

Brasil is the country of the future. And it will always be that way...(my translation of a popular saying)

She's one classy lady...

I won't enter since Paul and I pretty much have what we need..

But just to say, what a wonderful idea this is, especially around Christmas time..

Cheers to you, Sula!!

------------------
****Formerly known as Miss Bonovista..Now known as Mrs.Emeraldscorpio.****

In pondering what I can do to give back to the fan community that gives so much to me, I have decided to do a little U2 Christmas gift-giving. As much as I'd love to send something to everyone, funds are limited (you all know how that is), so here are the rules:

1. Open to citizens of the world (not just Americans). Ideally, I'd like to get someone from every major continent so as to spread the U2 wealth around.
smile.gif

2. Email me at sulawesigirl4@yahoo.com with a short story, essay, or poem dealing with what U2 and/or their music means to you personally. Doesn't have to be a tear-jerker or terribly profound. Just something honest and genuinely you.

3. I'll pick five people and post the winning entries here for everyone to enjoy.

4. Those five people will be able to pick any one item from the following list and I will send it to them absolutely free of charge:
  • New Years Eve 1989
  • Zoo Europa
  • PopMart Sarajevo
  • Elevation Boston 4
  • Miscellaneous U2 on Video including "Making of the Joshua Tree, U2 on the Simpsons, Outside It's America, and Beautiful Day premiere on VH1, and more" (sorry, I can only do standard VHS...if you live in Europe and have a multi-system you should be able to play it, but no PAL)

Additionally, you should be a member of this forum. (duh)
biggrin.gif
But you don't have to be an "oldie". No discrimination against "newbies". Lastly, the reason I'm making this a "write in" kind of contest instead of a "first come first served" is because I'd like everyone in all timezones to have a shot at it. I realize not everyone is online at the same time I am, so there you have it.
smile.gif
Cheers!

Merry Christmas.

-sula

this is perhaps the nicest thing I've ever read

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

You'd do that for us ?!?
That is very sweet of you.

[This message has been edited by U2girl (edited 11-28-2001).]

Originally posted by Salome:
this is perhaps the nicest thing I've ever read

I agree!

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know the half of it..."

Wow...talk about the spirit of giving...this brings new meaning to the words 'holiday spirit'
smile.gif

You are truly incredible sula. *hugs*

[This message has been edited by The_Sweetest_Thing (edited 11-29-2001).]

Originally posted by The_Sweetest_Thing:
sula--is there a deadline for this?

I suppose I should set one, eh? Actually, I'm kind of surprised not many people have sent stuff in. lol. Did I make it too hard or intimidating?

Deadline...sometime next week I guess, just so everyone has enough time to enter if they'd like to. How's that sound?
smile.gif

-sula

Oh, just a clarification (probably you figured this out, but just in case...) the first four items on the list are CD bootlegs. The last is a video. Hopefully there's something in there that everyone can enjoy.
smile.gif

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww Sula that's very sweet of you girlie *hugs*

Now i'll have to get to work on writing some sort of essay
biggrin.gif

------------------
The U2 revolution has been reinstated.

THE Larry Mullen Jr. Page
http://www.geocities.com/kiti_regia/index.html

Meeting Larry:
*MG shows Larry poster*
*Larry reads poster*
*Larry smiles and says "Thank you that's very nice of you"*
*Larry signs paper, shakes MG's hand*
*MG almost dies then sees tearaway pants and gets bad ideas*

This is great--you'll be hearing from me soon!!

------------------
"When you've seen beyond yourself then you may see peace of mind is waiting there
And the time will come when you see we're all one
And life flows on within you and without you"

"All things must pass
All things must pass away"

Peace George

Back
Top Bottom