MERGED--> Zootv's Best Extra is a ........(All DVD Easter Egg directions)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
u2trinity said:
aww , they left out Bono saying "I have a weakness for bellydancers ", and when some guy calls out his name and Bono
says " That is the loudest voice I think I've ever heard " :banghead:

"Rock & Roll Doggy!"

That's true... I forgot about that, and it was my favorite part of that video! (guess I have to keep my VHS :) )

GAH!!! I LOVE Easter eggs..Ok I got my dvd this past Tues....now I'll look for the EE....

By the way did anyone find any EE on the Chicago Vertigo dvd???

And or the U2 Slane??'

just in case Im still on the page 1 of 5 so I might find some answers to my questions if I continue :)

bort269 said:
To recap (for those who don't want to search through this thread) this is how to find all the eggs without using a computer:

EGG #1)
While you are in the Main Menu on the second disc,
move the cursor onto "Extras".
Using the arrow keys on your DVD remote press "right" once (nothing will happen) and then press "down" once.
This highlights the ZOOTV logo at the top of the tower.
Hit "enter" on your remote and it will take you to a screen with ABORT written on it.
Slowly hit the numbers 2, 7, 1, 1 using your DVD remote (make sure your pause between each number) and the egg will start.

EGG #2)
Go to the "Documentaries" menu on the second disc.
Click on "Play all" and fast forward through everything, including the credits.
When it gets back to the menu, move the curser down to "Subtitles".
Once your cursor is on "Subtitles" press "Down" once (the cursor will not move) and then press "Left" with the arrow keys on your DVD remote.
A small symbol of an O with a line through it appears in centre screen. Press "enter" on your remote and you'll get the 25 minute documentary "Interference"

EGG #3)
Go to the "Extras" menu on the second disc.
Scroll down the menu until you select "DVD credits".
Press "down" and then "right" using the arrow keys on your DVD remote.
A small symbol of an O with a line through it appears in centre screen. Hit "enter" on your remote and it will take you to a screen with ABORT written on it.
Slowly hit the numbers 1, 9, 9, 3 using your DVD remote (make sure your pause between each number) and the egg will start.
This egg is about 1 minute long and is a montage of atomic-bomb themed warning drills.

thank you so much!! I found all the Eggs you mentiioned!!!:rockon:

Is there any other way to find 2 of the 3 Easter Eggs if you don't have numbers on your DVD remote? I saw the longer documentary, but can't access the other two due to my lack of numbers on the remote.

if you don't have a DVD remote with numbers I would just cheat and go directly to chapters 4,8,or 9.
Usually done by accessing TITLE or CHAPTER and then incrementing the numbers with your arrow keys (you do have arrow keys, right?!) ;)

If that still doesn't work, you can manually open up these files:
in the VIDEO_TS folder on a computer:

just open "VTS_02_2.VOB" to get the weird short montage Easter Egg
and after it will be the "Interference, a 25 min documentary" egg

in file "VTS_01_2.VOB" right after the Numb Karaoke (at the 1:02 mark) the 3rd easter egg will start (the stage setup)

Hope this helps!

Ok, I got the long documentary, but I didn't get the other two easter eggs... and this is what happens:

When I get to the "ABORT" screen in the main title I press 2711 paused as instructed, when pressing 2,7 the arrow at the bottom right of the "ABORT" screen blink every digit but when getting to 1,1 it doesn't and nothing happens.... I tried to press Enter or Ok (in my remote it says ok) after every number but that's useless since the cursor in the "ABORT" screen is on the bottom arrow and therefore if I press enter I'll be back to the main title. I tried to move to cursor in the "ABORT" screen but it doesn't move.

As on the 1993 code nothing happens...it doesn't even blink when pressing the numbers...

I tried to "cheat" but can't find the correct chapters and titles... as bort269 says it is chapters 4,8 and 9 but what's the title number? please help:sad:

so no program of mine will open any of the video_ts files.. even though i have done it with dvds in the past.

also, in media player and powerdvd all the jump to title/chapter options are always greyed out.

this is ass.

I fucking hate dvd easter eggs like this. I'm supposed to be working and instead I'm wasting time on this shit. And when/if I do find them I won't be excited just somewhat relieved and able to move on.

Who thinks this BS is a good idea? I'll give you a fair hearing, i promise. You'll just be wrong.

A long overdue thanks goes out to all of you who came together here and helped a dumbass (me! :wink: ) experience the easter eggs. I didn't have a chance really until I found this thread.

:applaud:

Love ya all!

The stage setup and the documentary are lovely! But the atomic bomb one is just annoying, and, which is worse, the documentary cannot play since I played it as the cursor goes straight down! Anyone experienced this? Self-destroying egg or WTF?? I am very disappointed (the files don't open up in the computer).

I'm curious what the atomic bomb one is all about too :shrug:

I watched the TV special where Tryin'... and Desire are from on youtube and I think they chose the right songs. Desire is the most crucial song for Mirrorball man and Tryin' is missing on the regular show already.

Last edited:
Originally posted by U2girl
I'm curious what the atomic bomb one is all about too :shrug:

Better not if you want to watch the documentary ever again :censored: and it's nothing much than an approx a min long bomb alert cut with flashing titles & screens in every half a sec with a siren & a bunch of other annoying noises. I have no problem with any of their stuff like that but this one's just crap. The other two are great... and Tryin' too, I don't like the song but this one with the girls is absolutely lovely... and Desire just drives me nuts :applaud:

got a new version of powerdvd and managed to access them. then i bookmarked them straight away! if you have a pc dvd player i recommend that for sure

(power dvd 6 also has a number pad so you can enter the numbers)

SkeeK said:
got a new version of powerdvd and managed to access them. then i bookmarked them straight away! if you have a pc dvd player i recommend that for sure

(power dvd 6 also has a number pad so you can enter the numbers)

Unbelievable. The number pad is available EXCEPT when you want to play a DVD. The other way would be the Shuffle button, it also cannot be chosen with a DVD. How did you prevent the number pad switching to arrow keys when you opened the disc?

Melo said:

Unbelievable. The number pad is available EXCEPT when you want to play a DVD. The other way would be the Shuffle button, it also cannot be chosen with a DVD. How did you prevent the number pad switching to arrow keys when you opened the disc?

it acted the way you describe on powerdvd 5 for me.. (talk about taunting the user...) but i installed version 6 and that one shows the numbers and the arrows at all times, which definitely makes it more useful.

really annoying thing, though.. I added bookmarks for the easter eggs so i could get at them easily.. but when i removed the dvd and replaced it they were gone. what is the point, exactly, of having bookmarks if they only stay as long as the disc is in the drive?

SkeeK said:

it acted the way you describe on powerdvd 5 for me.. (talk about taunting the user...) but i installed version 6 and that one shows the numbers and the arrows at all times, which definitely makes it more useful.

really annoying thing, though.. I added bookmarks for the easter eggs so i could get at them easily.. but when i removed the dvd and replaced it they were gone. what is the point, exactly, of having bookmarks if they only stay as long as the disc is in the drive?

you have to wait for PowerDVD 7 for that ;)

(sorry... couldn't resist) :)

bort269 said:

if I recall, isn't that one of the easter eggs on the Best Of DVD?

I didn't know about easter eggs when Best Of came out :hmm:
runs to get Best Of ! Thanks bort269 . :wave:

u2trinity said:

I didn't know about easter eggs when Best Of came out :hmm:
runs to get Best Of ! Thanks bort269 . :wave:

they are very easy to get with a cursor on the computer... let me know if you can't find them and I will dig them up.

u2trinity said:

Can't find them ! :help: bort269.

If you go to the menu for the "One" video and press "1" on your keypad (or maybe "01") and hit ENTER and repeat this process you will find the trabants ;-)

If you go to the menu for "Last Night On Earth" and press "8" (or "08" maybe) and hit enter you'll get the William S. Burroughs outtake!

hope these help!

I'll try ^^^ on the dvd tomorrow , I'm not getting any where on
the computer I keep getting sidetracked by the videos . I guess
i'm easly distracted ! thanks bort.

Back
Top Bottom