MERGED ---> WaHAY! "One" voted best.song.evar! + ONE voted greatest single by Q

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Catman

Rock n' Roll Doggie
WaHAY! "One" voted best.song.evar!

http://www.breakingnews.ie/2003/11/18/story121917.html

Okay, so a few other songs in the top 10 are, for lack of a better term, crap - but U2 got #1! Wahay! Just thought I'd let some of you schmucks know :p

I wonder what their other 7 songs are? I'm guessing "Beautiful Day," "With or Without You," "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For," "Where the Streets Have No Name," "Pride (In the Name of Love)," "Mysterious Ways," and "Sunday Bloody Sunday" :yes:

ONE voted the gretest single ever by Q

This is no mean feat believe me. All i can say is, it took the journos at Q 12 years to figure out what we already knew. Great news.

YAY!! :applaud:

I've always thought "One" was the kind of song that people will be listening to 1,000 years from now. But what's with people playing it at their wedding? :confused: That just doesn't seem like the right occassion for it. Sure, there's a sense of hope at the end, but there's a lot of sadness and bitterness in it too.

I also can't believe they included a song by Destiny's Child but left out John Lennon's "Imagine" or Marvin Gaye's "What's Going On?"

pah

the greatest song ever is 'a design for life' by the manic street preachers

and boy do you know it :wink:

just kidding, i haven't bought a q in months, i think it's all very subjective though

I can see why One would've earned such an accolade ... but personally, I don't think it's the best U2 song. There's at least thirty better than it in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom