MERGED-->Vertigo to be played Friday @ 8:20 am!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
vertigo on the radio on the 17th?

NEW @U2 READY FOR VERTIGO?
September 15, 2004
posted by: LP
Liverpool's music station Radio City 96.7 is announcing that they will play the new U2 single at 8:20 a.m. local time this Friday morning (September 17). They stream live, so tune in and give it a listen. (thanks to Adam)

can someone do the calculations and tell me what time that would be in colorado?

if this is true, it will be awesome!

there's already a thread on this.

btw, no. they're not going to play it this friday. it premieres the 24th.

ok, well i am an idiot, but a guy on the radio 97.3 kbco just said that they expect to have the single and play it on sept 24th at 11am, so i know where i'll be in 8 days 16 hrs 23 min

Intereseting website tells you all about how they deliver music to radio nowadays.

http://www.musicrypt.com/dmds/

If you have a few minutes play the demo video they have it is quite interesting tells you how the files are secured and can't be cracked.

But some radio stations still must get a promo CD delivered before the 24th??

Last edited:
They're too late. There was a station in LA that played it last week! It was awesome. After waiting all day with the station playing none-stop U2, they finally played it. Although it sounded a little too much like Henry Rollins for my taste.:huh:

username said:
They're too late. There was a station in LA that played it last week! It was awesome. After waiting all day with the station playing none-stop U2, they finally played it. Although it sounded a little too much like Henry Rollins for my taste.:huh:

haha! hilarious!

shrmn8rpoptart said:
ok, well i am an idiot, but a guy on the radio 97.3 kbco just said that they expect to have the single and play it on sept 24th at 11am, so i know where i'll be in 8 days 16 hrs 23 min

Nice! I'll have to listen to KBCO that day

you remember the end of "Animal House" at the parade where they syncronize their watches?
that's what this thread is like.

StlElevation said:
hell shall freeze over before i stay up like i did on "monday bloody monday."

but, i will wake up and pray that there is a nice, long, thread going on discussing how great vertigo is on friday.

Ditto!

just for good measure, i'm going to start a:

"OMG! Vertigo iz da sux!!!111" thread.

I'll be listening, as long as I don't stuff anything up I'll also be recording, and I'm hopeful they will play it. I'll be supremely pissed if Vertigo isn't leaked before the 22nd.

Do I go on holiday or don't I? Hmm ...

Well, my friend tells me it can be done with Windows Movie Maker (which I found I had in my accessories menu). I'm sure there are better ways this can be done, but it records whatever's coming out of my speakers, thus including radio broadcasts.

In the program, this is what you do;

File --> Record --> click on 'Change Device' --> Make sure the 'Line' is 'Wave out mix' --> OK --> Record.

That works for me.

i live here in liverpool....so shall have a listen friday morning and record it if its played....if it is......

is there anyone that is going to be listening and recording? I missed the Rollins hoax so I find it a little more believable that some station somewhere might play the song. The Universal technology article is interesting, but I dont think that's an across the board delivery method for ALL releases, I think there is room for special exceptions (like when you want to really whip the faithful into frenzy or something).

Anyway what I mean to say is this - I'll be listening, I dont have anywhere else to be, and I will be ready to share any recorded versions. My email is u2la04@gmail.com

My only question is, will anyone be recording it? I dont think I know how to make mp3s of streaming broadcasts in case this does end up being true.

I'll be listening and recording full quality. It happens at around 5pm in Australia, so that's great timing for me. I still think this could be the one, unless universal finds out and puts a stop to it immediately. Where did this report come from anyway? Who reported it and did it sound really official??

not official sounding at all, very rumor sounding, another station saying thy're going to play Vertigo basically. A major U2 fan site picking it up and printing it. Nothing official at all. BUt these kinds of things are rarely "official".

U2LA said:
is there anyone that is going to be listening and recording?

That's what I said just a few posts above yours. I've never recorded before, but I'll practice tomorrow before the time just to make sure I know what I'm doing when/if Vertigo is played. I'm sure there'll be a multitude of us recording.

Vertigo On City Radio 96.7FM Tomorrow

DJ Kev Seed has just confirmed on air that he is playing Vertigo tomorrow at 8.20am. Here's to hoping!

Back
Top Bottom