MERGED-->Vertigo Hits iTunes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ascender_RS said:
I thought someone was on here saying that the U2Valencia one was poor quality when he analysed it properly? Which confused me, but if the one from iTunes is pretty much the same, what's going on?

Poor quality? The Valencia rip is direct from the Vertigo CDS, and at a very nice bitrate. The Valencia rip is actually higher quality than even the iTunes version, due to the high bitrate.

Northern Sky said:
I had the Valencia clip within minutes of it being available, and I'm going to buy the song from iTunes very shortly. Why? Because it means that I have sent a message to the band that I value their work, one that can most easily be expressed in dollars as opposed to simple well-wishing.

Hear hear! :applaud: :applaud: :applaud:

apple computer companies online music store built pretty much for their ipod.

You must know what an ipod is:scratch:

In case...............................Imagine a walkman that fits 10000 songs

I love the "are you sure you want to download..." - this had me saying some curse words to the powerbook :)
Vertigo downloaded - small price to pay for a song that I have been listening to all weekend - I'm hoping for more exculsives on itunes and this has me excited
I'll be making an imix as soon as I got home from work with Vertigo on it

For the billionth time people, Apple would sell it everywhere if they could. They have to negotiate a contract with record companies in every single country. Music is a territorial monster where people fight over every dime. Blame the music industry, not Apple. I'm sure they love Aussies...

tkramer said:
For the billionth time people, Apple would sell it everywhere if they could. They have to negotiate a contract with record companies in every single country. Music is a territorial monster where people fight over every dime. Blame the music industry, not Apple. I'm sure they love Aussies...

I was just going to post this. HAd the record companies gotten behind an idea like i tunes about 5 years ago..things woud be a lot different in the record industry.

Vertigo on Itunes

Vertigo is up on itunes!

I got to admit, whether or not you're for drm, that's pretty ballsy to release something in a different channel than normal.

Vertigo is now available at iTunes!

Just downloaded Vertigo from iTunes. I had a "commonwealth" version:wink: but wanted to hear it at a cd quality level of sound.
Sounds much better!

Salim

Last edited:
AussieU2fanman said:
why the hell can't Australians use Itunes? I thought the internet was supposed to break geographical barriers. What the hell is stopping this country from purchasing music online?! Argh! :mad:
I just don't understand anything anymore.

Yeah well you Aussies are always 10years behind everybody else especially the UK!:wink:

Bought it as well; simply because I think this can f_ up the mainstream. I may be overreacting, but screw traditional channels; I think moves like this can really challenge thinking about what it means to release a song.

--Aslan

:shocked: that was fast :)

itunes.jpg

I just now bought it, to make everything official and legal (after listening to the Valencia edit all weekend). "they know that they can't dance ... at least ... they know"

Thank you...

I just bought my first iPod today!!! I am charging it up at the moment.... I have the software installed.... and VERTIGO will be the FIRST song I put on my new ipod. I am so excited!!!! Thank you for the link. :wave:

Ani

Back
Top Bottom