MERGED-->Vertigo game + u2vertigo.com cheaters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Your wish is my command. I added "cheatinggoingonhere" and "thiscontestsucks" to the high score board.

I am very greatful for your efforts. The day this contest gets pulled will be a truely great day. It will just be another great example of how cheaters can screw everyone else along with themselves.

so again, thank you.

Wow, this is so funny. Poor U2 decides to put a seemingly innocent contest up and one day later its riddled with cheaters (I'm not talking about the people who are trying to highlight the cheating), but the original ones who thought no one would find it strange that they could score 10,000 points.

What kind of world are we liviing in?

I feel pretty proud of my 1470 now.

I wonder if anyone in U2 is now going to replace the keyboard I broke today playing this stupid fucking game.:huh:

Last edited:
ramblin rose said:
I wonder if anyone in U2 is now going to replace the keyboard I broken today playing this stupid fucking game.:huh:

:ohmy:
I only played it once before I realized there was no legit way to get the scores some people were coming up with. I accidentally stumbled on the "right click play" thing...a very low tech way to get around the game quicker...but still cheating. How people are coming up with the top scores...I have no clue. Clearly there are some very high tech, greedy minds out there...too smart for their own good.

hahahahah, that's so funny, probably because it's so stupid. but yeah, hilarious. good work.

Pop Artist just pointed out the fact that it doesn't mention anywhere on the site that the prizes are going to be given away based on the highest scores of the game, which is true. That's just what everyone's assuming. The scores may actually be irrelevant. It may be just a random drawing from all those who entered...even if their score was 20. If so, then there's no reason to pull the game/contest. In fact the game may be distracting the cheaters from trying to give themselves an unfair advantage in a random drawing. Anyway, I've grown tired of it all. I'll just go out and buy the U2 stuff I want. Good luck to the rest of you...I hope someone deserving wins.

Last edited:
Cheaters on U2vertigo.com

Look at u2vertigo.com. It must be cheating? I think? :mad:

1111111111010 points?

Either they are cheating, or The Edge is playing too.

Too bad about those great prices.

If I'm mistaken, I'm sorry. :huh:

I sense bitterness...

I could kick ass on that game if I wanted to...just there's probably rather silly people with nothing else to do with their time other than sit down and play that game for hours on end...

Last edited:
Re: Cheaters on U2vertigo.com

ElectricalVoice said:
Look at u2vertigo.com. It must be cheating? I think? :mad:

1111111111010 points?

Either they are cheating, or The Edge is playing too.

Too bad about those great prices.

If I'm mistaken, I'm sorry. :huh:

where have you been hiding? :p

I almost feel like quoting Brian Eno from The Unforgettable Fire documentary, you know when during the eclipse Adam says "it's gone dark" and Eno replies "hi adam!" lol

i.e. we've talking about cheating on this game for ages now.

Last edited:
Re: Re: Cheaters on U2vertigo.com

ewen said:

where have you been hiding? :p

I almost feel like quoting Brian Eno from The Unforgettable Fire documentary, you know when during the eclipse Adam says "it's gone dark" and Eno replies "hi adam!" lol

i.e. we've talking about cheating on this game for ages now.

Yes, I'm sorry. I saw it in the news section just after I posted. Feel very stupid after I read that thread ;). Haven't been in that section for a while.

Bitterness? No LOL. I haven't been playing this game so much. I gave up after those ridiculous scores.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by
I sense bitterness...

I could kick ass on that game if I wanted to...just there's probably rather silly people with nothing else to do with their time other than sit down and play that game for hours on end...

You only get 1:00 of game time to accumulate a score though.

Last edited by a moderator:
ramblin rose said:
Isn't this funny:

http://www.u2vertigo.com/cduk/

scores don't look that outrageous

http://www.u2vertigo.com

still has the outrageous scores

I'm guessing it's because few even knew the cduk site existed, but don't be suprised if those scores get ridiculous as well. In fact, I don't think some of the scores there now are even possible without cheating. The cheaters are just trying to be not so obvious(?). I don't really see what the point is. Clearly they aren't going to award any prizes based on the highest scores now, and perhaps that was never the intention. If any of you are interested in winning...just play the game and enter. I'm sure a score of 20 has as much chance of winning as a score of over 11 trillion...and in a just world it would have more of a chance.:yes:

Last edited:
Well, I visited cduk.com and they actually do state that the highest scores win the prizes. Perhaps another reason for the cheaters trying to be less obvious, but it's still obvious to all of us. Anyway, I sent an email to the folks at cd:uk to warn them of the problems and to suggest a random drawing.

BonoFox1, I just did the same thing tonight you did last night. i got 1200 at the most. that game is the last thing i need- i already have enough stuff keeping me awake, LIKE THIS DAMN BLUE CRACK :yikes: :wink:

They reset the score boards on both the u2.com and cd:uk Vertigo games. Wonder how long it will last? I determined that the maximum score anyone can acheive on this game now without cheating is 1660 points. This is basically impossible, because to do this you would have to pick up every point from every red object in the game and do it fast enough (without dying) to still receive the full 1,000 point bonus given by the red marks at the end of the game (the longer it takes to get there, the smaller the bonus is).

When you start seeing scores of 1660 and higher...you'll know the cheaters are back! :madspit:

Back
Top Bottom