MERGED> U23d questions (seat recommendations, etc)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tripletmom

The Fly
seat recommendations at U23D

I was wondering where people would suggest sitting at U23D.
ie "Front has a better view or strains your neck, as well as spot specific for Bono fans vs Edge fans, etc.
Does it matter even? I know it will be great but do different parts of the theater have different experiences?

This is more of a general comment, so please don't think I'm picking on you, tripletmom, but ...

... do we really need so many threads about the movie? Can we merge all of these?

It's been my experiences for IMAX flicks that the middle is where you want to be. Never seen a 3D movie, though, so I don't know if that makes a difference.

corianderstem said:
This is more of a general comment, so please don't think I'm picking on you, tripletmom, but ...

... do we really need so many threads about the movie? Can we merge all of these?

I was thinking of this too.
When there is a major release upcoming, we should have 1 official thread thats stickied.

We'll be needing one for whatever the new remaster is soon.

i've seen it on the Imax and I sat in the last row in the direct center and it was fantastic, but maybe 2 rows up would have been good too.

scottyT said:
i've seen it on the Imax and I sat in the last row in the direct center and it was fantastic, but maybe 2 rows up would have been good too.

Been 2 several IMAX and IMAX 3D movies, and U're exactly correct!

Lol no wait, u2d3 is obviously some new kind of movie, where the reg rules f moviegoing do not appply, lol. obviously, take where u usually sit at a movie 2 comfortably see the screen, and completely disregard it, lol, cause 3d movies obv don't function the same way as regulr movies do, you knw, liek with seats and a big scrn and stuff hehehehe

0022405ie3.jpg

How Long?

Merge if you like to as I know there are a few threads out there but I just wanted to know how long the U23D film is?? I read somewhere that it is only 55min and misses many of the classic u2 songs and includes others (i know of atleast 9 or 10 songs that will be in there but i will not mention which ones just in case people here want it to be a surprise) and then I read about those highschool kids getting a preview and they said 84 minutes of "sround sound and eye candy". Does anyone know what is the running time for the film? I am really hopings it is more then just 55 minutes!

is it 90 minutes??? that is awesome so maybe the article I was reading about being 55 minutes long and missing out on a lot of classic songs like streets is not true after all :) I am really hoping it is 90 minutes

Is there a setlist around ?

Im gonna drag my mate(anti u2/bono ) to see it, a quick trip to the pub prior and he be sweet.

CTU2fan said:
How long?

...to sing this song? :)

:lol: that's what I was going to say! :)

yeah to the OP, go the the main U2 3D thread feedback one and there are over 20 pages consisting of links to good info on the show, including setlists and other news...

U23D is overtaking interference!!!!

dabiggestu2fan said:
is it 90 minutes??? that is awesome so maybe the article I was reading about being 55 minutes long and missing out on a lot of classic songs like streets is not true after all :) I am really hoping it is 90 minutes

There was an advance screening last year at the Cannes Film Festival which was about 55 minutes. The actual running time of the movie is about 85 minutes.
Don't know the setlist though. Even at 85 minutes it's of course too short! :)

dabiggestu2fan said:
I found a setlist I can put it up but only if people want to. I dont want to spoil the show!

Most people here know the setlist already. It's been posted in the main U23D thread and discussed (to death almost).

The movie is about 85 minutes long and contains 15 songs. COBL is missing, it starts off with Vertigo.

Back
Top Bottom