MERGED ---> U218.com is live and working! It looks like there will be variant songs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Utoo

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
U218.com is live and working! And it looks like there will be variant songs on it

www.u218.com

Preview the tracks selected for the compilation. Preview the videos selected, too. Make your own 'best of.' Download wallpapers.

I haven't looked all the way through the site, so I won't comment on the selections yet. However, each audio track has "Original Version" and "Alternate Version." There is a description of the "alternate version" beneath each song. Some of these are live tracks, some are remixes.

It doesn't tell you whether the original version or the alternate version is on the album. The live alternates are primarily from the various dvd releases. It looks like the originals will likely be on U2:18, but if the alternates used as the version of the song on the album, it may shake up some thoughts about the album...

1. Beautiful Day: Original/Chicago DVD

2. ISHFWILF: Original/R&H version (?)

3. Pride: Original/Slane dvd

4. WOWY: Original/Slane

5. Vertigo: Original/Chicago dvd

6. NYD: Original/1989-12-31 Point Depot :ohmy:

7. Mysterious Ways: Original/"Ultimatum Remix" from 1991 & Complete U2 set

8. SIAMYCGOO: Original/Boston dvd

9. Streets: Original/Slane

10. Sweetest Thing: Original (1987 b-side)/Alternate (single version)---I'm guessing, since they talk about the original as the original, but the "original" link has the single version, then the "alternate" link has the video :shrug:

11. SBS: Original/Chicago dvd

12. One: Original/Slane

13. Desire: Original/"Hollywood Remix" from Complete U2 set

14. Walk On: Original/Chicago dvd

15. Elevation: Original/Boston dvd

16. SYCMIOYO: Original/Chicago dvd

17. Saints: Original/Live at SuperDome

18. Window in the Skies: Original/no alternate available

I really like the Alternate Version of "I still haven't found what I am looking for."

LemonMacPhisto said:
Wait, Walk On from the Chicago DVD???

Was thinking the same WT bloodye hel ..........

Apparently tey wanted the song on the dvd :hmm:

hmmm im intersted to see what this track listing will be now....why would they put 30 second clips on the site if they wont be on the CD itself....i wouldnt mind these live versions even if i have most of them.

LemonMacPhisto said:
Wait, Walk On from the Chicago DVD???

:WTFCHARLES:

Its obviously a misprint. My guess would be its Walk On from Boston or Slane 01. Cant be Chicago, it wasnt played at the nights they filmed there and I seriously doubt its from the third leg.

Blue Room said:

Its obviously a misprint. My guess would be its Walk On from Boston or Slane 01. Cant be Chicago, it wasnt played at the nights they filmed there and I seriously doubt its from the third leg.

Yeah, it must be incorrect. The site's probably done by the same people as u2.com. :wink:

randhail said:
Are the songs and videos not Mac compatible because I can't get anything to play.

I don't understand all the mac hatin'. First I couldn't d/l Saints from MR, and now this??? Why would I want silly Windows software if I have a mac? Why should I conform??? They should know better! We already saw that Edge has a mac.

The wallpapers look cool. And I like Question 10 on the quiz "Hello hello I'm at a place called Placebo"

Headache in a Suitcase said:
ok who took the quiz? i felt like i was taking the SATs

49 out of 54... but they won't show me which ones i got wrong, damn it :mad:

Yeah, I got 49, too. I was disappointed in myself. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom