MERGED --> U2 on SNL - 2nd song performance + U2 to perform on SNL

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

salomeU2000

The Fly
U2 on SNL - 2nd song performance

So the upcoming performance is confirmed. We can pretty much believe the first song to be performed will be "Vertigo"; BUT what will the 2nd song be? What would you (the fans) want it to be??

i think it will be City of Blinding Lights, considering that it will probably be a single, and the fact that their in New York and all. I really wish they play Miracle Drug, though!

id like to see ABOY or City. but if they really want to blow them away, they should play streets or in god's country. if they played vertigo, then went into In God's Country, id have a friggin heart attack.

They should let U2 perform 3 songs. I can't see why they couldn't just cut a skit out of the show since the show sucks now.

Of course they will play Vertigo, and I'd like to also hear them play Love and Peace or Else or SYCMIOYO. If I had to bet money, I'd put my cash on them playing City of Blinding Lights.

david said:
They should let U2 perform 3 songs. I can't see why they couldn't just cut a skit out of the show since the show sucks now.

Amen. I watched the best of Tom Hanks last night, and it had me wishing for the good old days...

About U2, after vertigo they should take over the show and play the new album in full. When the producers realize what the band is doing and try to stop them, Larry will start tossing razer tipped drum sticks at security and Adam will street fight Jimmy Fallon...

That way we get a kick butt action film with a killer soundtrack...

I think that they'll probably do COBL but I would really like for them to do "Original of the Species" - I really like what I heard of that song. (I'm still a U2 virgin) :wink:

And I agree - I think that U2 should do 3 songs. It wouldn't hurt the quality of SNL at all - actually, it would ELEVATE it!

YOU GIVE ME SOMETHING I CAN FEEL....:adam: :larry: :edge: :bono: :hug:

david said:

I got an idea. How about SNL all of the skits (since the show is a black hole of suck) and let U2 play the entire HTDAAB album and few other fave raves?

A girl can dream, can't she?

Won't matter what they will play... It still won't top what they did the last time they were on SNL.

I was absolutely blown away when they brought the house down on SNL in Dec. 2000. BLOWN F***ING AWAY!!!!

No musical artist in the history of SNL brought the house down the way our boys did that night. It's not even close.

I am so looking forward to Nov. 20. If they top what they did the first time they were on SNL, my jaw will be on the ground for weeks. Weeks, I tell ya.

:bow: :bow: :bow:

It'll be City of Blinding Lights, like mentioned earlier, the whole story behind the song, which includes New York... it'll only seem appropriate, and also it's one hell of a great song anyway to boot.

- Nicholas

zoou2@hotmail.com

City of Blinding Lights would be fitting.....but they'll go with "Sometimes" since that'll be the next single.

Since COBL came on while I was reading this thread, then that make's it so... There are no coincidences :happy: :dance:

One half of SNL the other U2. That's not unreasonable, is it.:wink:

Edited to say: tkramer your senario would make a good video for Love or Peace or Else in an ironic sort of sense. :laugh:

Last edited:
I'm betting that it will be ABOY. COBL would be fantastic, though.

C'mon....realistically speaking it's going to be COBL. I mean they're playing in New York City for crying out loud! :wink:

Okay, idealistically speaking it has GOT to be "City of Blinding Lights." This has already been established, so I'll move right along...

In terms of a pragmatic marketing move, they have to play "Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own," since they've already pretty much confirmed that it'll be the next single.

"Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own" is WAY too long for SNL if you look at how the show traditionally does things. So, looking at it all from an SNL-pragmatic viewpoint, the has to be "All Because of You."

I'd bet the farm on "All Because of You," then. No doubt in my mind... Maybe they SHOULD play other songs--I'll agree to that--but they simply can't.

It sure would be cool if they shook things up, though, wouldn't it...?

I saw them perform "All Because Of You" at the Apple Event and you could tell that Bono wanted more than just The Edge with a guitar performing!

Before the song he said "I promise you next time you see us: Larry, Adam, full rock & roll, don't bring your children" and he pretended to cover his ears!

I think they would bring the house down with ALL BECAUSE OF YOU (like they did with Elevation)

Think about it.. everyone who is saying COBL because it's NY... they didn't play New York on SNL!! They played it on Letterman with the altered lyrics (which was awesome) but it also means that they don't HAVE to play COBL because it's in NY!

They played Elevation because it got everyone "off on their feet" and they got a standing ovation!

The question now is will Bono sneak in John Lennon lyrics?

Back
Top Bottom