MERGED-->U2 Live Broadcast on Sunday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wolf Q

The Fly
U2 Live Broadcast on Sunday

I apologize if something has already been said about this...I haven't had much time to check the forum lately.

A local radio station is advertising a U2 live broadcast this Sunday at 6 pm (mtn time zone). They said that U2 will play some of the new songs and answer questions about the album.

I'm assuming this will be broadcast on other radio stations elsewhere...so you may want to check your local radio stations.

Any chance you could say which local station of yours?

That could help in finding some internet streaming, if in fact it will be broadcast.

Yes, it's 107.5 The End and the website is http://www.1075.com

Here's the info from their website

It's a U2 weekend on 107-5 the end. When you hear us play two U2 songs back-to-back this weekend, be caller 7 and you'll win a copy of the new U2 CD before you can even buy it. We'll be featuring tracks from "How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb" all weekend. Sunday night at 6, you'll get to hear a very special live U2 broadcast. U2 will be playing songs and answering questions about the new CD. Then listen Monday morning for details about how you can see U2 on the opening night of their U.S. tour!

Last edited:
A local NJ rock station was giving away tickets last night as part of their grand prize. Secret location, to hear the album and meet the band. :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy:

I don't think with ATYCLB when played on K-Rock, it was web streamed. To my knowledged, Infinnity Broadcasting doesn't have any of their stations web streaming.....

Last edited:
while that may mean "live", it may not. hard to tell from the wording. i know they're supposed to run through their recorded stuff and explain it to the audience and that could also come under "play their songs." unsure.

Honestly, this sounds very similar to the Radio 1 broadcast. This would be very cool.

If true, I hope there is a webstream somewhere.

Today on K-ROCK they mentioned that Sunday they would be playing the Dublin show that just happened this week as well as the Irving Plaa gig from ATYCLB. As well as the U2 Q&A about HTDAAB that will be happening live.

U2 Weekend

Nov 19, 2004 11:20 am US/Eastern
Be the 92nd caller all weekend long when we tell you to score a copy of U2’s How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb before you can buy it...

Plus qualify to fly to the opening night of U2’s North American Tour—Wherever that may be.

---------------------------------------

Can't get enough U2???

Well then tune in Sunday night for our U2 Extravaganza: Starting @ 8pm it’s Matt Pinfield live from our How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb listening party… We can’t tell you where he’ll be but we can tell you that U2 will be there with him to discuss the new album. Immediately following we’ll play back U2’s BBC performance taped earlier this week in Dublin, and if that’s still not enough… We’ll roll out our exclusive K-Rock Irving Plaza Show starring U2 taped live on December 5th, 2000.

Hi I am just sending it but it is 11.9mb. I hope your email don't reject it and I hope ya got a fast connection.:wink:

Headache in a Suitcase said:
i do believe there was a "listening party" in france durring the ATYCLB promo tour where when the CD was over, a curtain came up and u2 gave a "surprise" performance. someone correct me if i'm wrong here

I don't know about the listening party/surprise part, but I have a (poor - but still awesome) video of their set from Manray. Bad is especially awesome!

U2 Weekend

Nov 19, 2004 11:20 am US/Eastern
Be the 92nd caller all weekend long when we tell you to score a copy of U2’s How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb before you can buy it...

Plus qualify to fly to the opening night of U2’s North American Tour—Wherever that may be.

---------------------------------------

Can't get enough U2???

Well then tune in Sunday night for our U2 Extravaganza: Starting @ 8pm it’s Matt Pinfield live from our How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb listening party… We can’t tell you where he’ll be but we can tell you that U2 will be there with him to discuss the new album. Immediately following we’ll play back U2’s BBC performance taped earlier this week in Dublin, and if that’s still not enough… We’ll roll out our exclusive K-Rock Irving Plaza Show starring U2 taped live on December 5th, 2000.

My head is spinning from all the excitement!

Hey, have you all heard they will be in Greenwich Village NYC on Monday! Get there around 11 and they should go on by 1-2p~ Washington Park.

Also any leaks as to the location of the KRock listener party with the boys?

Ready for SNL rumor is Vertigo 1st and MD for 2nd.

FREE CONCERTS RULE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No need to worry about the downloading, we will all be buying everything commercially we can and share the love on any live stuff you gather!
I've ordered 15 copies of the LTD edition for holiday gifts~
Why doesn't veryone commit to getting one extra copy for a non fan for helping them see what they have been missing. I think it is a great album to introduce anyone ( old fan, new fan, non fan, or unknown ) to U2!!

Ooooooo, 107.5 The End is actually playing good music again?

I CANNOT believe it! :wink:

I better remember to tune in to this!

I will be buying the standard cd for some friends, i'll wait to see who picks it up on their own first though for max exposure, lol!!!

can someone tell me when and where I can listen to this here on the East Coast of the USA?

U2 Weekend

Can't get enough U2???

So has anyone found a radio station that will be streaming this tonight?

KROCK loser reminder.......

Just reminding everyone tonight at 8:00 is the live broadcast of the listening party on krock.....After they are rebroadcasting the Irving Plaza concert. Might as well listen since I didn't win and can't be there :mad:

You can listen live to my local station that is supposed to be airing it - www.wrif.com - 8pm Eastern Time.

I think this really will be live with it starting at the same time, accounting for the time zones - and when they were talking about this the other day, the announcer said you'd be able to call in with questions, though what are the chances of anyone getting through... :|

Just over an hour to go :hyper:

Back
Top Bottom