MERGED ----> U2 Knowledge: Answer a question & set the next one! + question about...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm not absolutely cetain about this one Tiny Dancer but I shall take a guess and say "4" times.
If I am incorrect, someone please amend it and post the correct number.

Next question:
Where in Dublin might you find the now defunct Daneloin Market? (ie: What area of the City?)

Please sign Guestbook

Hanover said:
I'm not absolutely cetain about this one Tiny Dancer but I shall take a guess and say "4" times.
If I am incorrect, someone please amend it and post the correct number.

Next question:
Where in Dublin might you find the now defunct Daneloin Market? (ie: What area of the City?)

Please sign Guestbook

They played 6 times at MSG.

It was used as a disused car park near the center of Dublin?
Not too sure on this one

What does Adam's younger brother Sebastian do for a living?[/COLOR

tiny dancer said:
What does Adam's younger brother Sebastian do for a living?

well some sort of creative producer and i believe website designer. he was amongst other things producer of popmart.

q:

who said:

Bono, if you still haven't found what you're looking for, look behind the drum kit.

Flaming Friar Sr said:

who said:

Bono, if you still haven't found what you're looking for, look behind the drum kit.

Boy George did so (at some award show :shrug: )

gotta love him for that comment :D

sooo :hmm: I wanna go for a tricky one.. hope it is tricky.. though not impossible :angel:

what did the Japanese U2 promotor did to the Japanese Madonna promoter back in the ZooTv days, when they argued over who got to play when at he Tokyo dome?

Last edited:
ah ok.. well the bible = Flanagan book (at teh end of the world)

and uhm.. more clues

let's say the promotor really BADLY wanted U2 to play at the Dome, and made that very clear to the MAdonna promotor

question:
how?

better? :)

The U2 promoter threw a "samurai curse" at the other promoter basically threatening his life if I read the story correctly just now. Boy, they play NICE over there huh?

What was the name of the song that was a parody of HMTMKMKM?

That thing about the samurai curse is hiLARRYous! :lmao:

Edge was born in Barking Maternity Hospital, East London. Can't get much more exact than that, unless you want the room #... :laugh:

What was the name of Larry's second drum instructor?

Johnny Wadham,

name the songs and artists that have been hits with songs written by Bono?

What U2 song was part of a Miami Vice episode and B side to WtShNN?

dedogsbolix said:

name the songs and artists that have been hits with songs written by Bono?

What U2 song was part of a Miami Vice episode and B side to WtShNN?

Goldfinger from the 007 movie was co written by Bono with Edge.

Race against time was the song on Miami Vice.

Name the Dylan cover that U2 performed at Self Aid and the Conspiracy of Hope tour.

easy , way too easy -Maggies Farm,but there are more hits than Goldeneye , sung by?? ( not Goldfinger-Bono and Shirley Bassey , the welsh connection provided by the Edge ..interesting ..and you never do see them together , do you?? :yikes:

The reason I said Johnny Wadham is that larry learned the drums ( or drum) with the Artane Boys Band but then went to study jazz drumming with said Johnny Wadham- never heard of Monica Bonnie ( who was her dad?)

Race against Time is correct.:applaud:

There are more hits still you have nt mentioned, so the question is still open,in the meantime here s another question;

Who was the original owner of the church where Bono got married?:scratch:

Last edited:
Any chance of a clue. This is another toughie! Is it someone that Bono would have associated with as a teenager?

rocca-bono-ali01.jpg

dedogsbolix said:

Who was the original owner of the church where Bono got married?:scratch:

Well it's the Guinness Church of Ireland Church in Raheny, and was paid for by the then head of the Guinness family in 1889. So I guess the original owner would be Mr Guinness. Had to do some serious googling for that one - am I right?

If I'm right, let's stay with the wedding theme. where did Bono and Ali have their wedding reception?

sorry for the crap question - it's deceptively hard to think one up!!!

O h Christ I should know that, I know it wasnt the Sheiling Hotel anyway!!!- The Martello tower in Sandymount perhaps or The Grand Hotel in Malahide -I give up :huh:

You are entirely correct , old Arthur was the owner so to answer Hanover is yes , Bono was associated with Guinness prior to his wedding particularly in liquid form.The name of the Church is actually All Saints Church Raheny, the Church of Ireland dont allow sponsorship on church buildings.... yet!

Good googling ,:bow: I have an advantage over you on the q. cos I m from Raheny!!I was only 10 at the time but a couple of people sneaked out of school to go ( not me , I was too well behaved) and subsequently got their photos in the paper when they should have been in school - the wedding was only 200 yards away from the school .

Anyway I ll wait till you get a right answer before posting another q.

Last edited:
actually I must have got mixed up , I ve just checked the date of the wedding , and the school would have been closed for holidays............its the drink ye know...

no idea- post that next q.

As for my question earlier on it was never answered fully.

I asked who had hits with songs written by Bono :

The answers:

Sinead OConnor - Thief of your heart
Roy Orbison - She s a mystery to me
Tina Turner - Goldeneye
Petshop Boys - Where the streets have no name ( which prompted Bono to say"what have I , what have I , what I done to the deserve this"

and some group also did

I still havent found what I m looking for

Then dont forget the Lighthouse Family ...........

Back
Top Bottom