MERGED-->U2 Fonts + Can somebody send me U2 Fonts???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

uwwedoogie

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Can somebody send me the U2 Font???

I was searching for the Clarendon font that U2 use for HTDAAB,GoHome and others and all font sites charge now!! $20 a font!! so if anybody has the file in their control panel/fonts could they send it to me please
uwwedoogie@gmail.com

Hey gang, I hate to lecture. But graphic designers are artists just as much as musicians. Stealing fonts is the same as stealing music, and I find it ironic that the moderators would allow one and not the other. But then again, this forum never fails to surprise me.

sixtoe said:
Hey gang, I hate to lecture. But graphic designers are artists just as much as musicians. Stealing fonts is the same as stealing music, and I find it ironic that the moderators would allow one and not the other. But then again, this forum never fails to surprise me.

Very true, but you can also download fonts on P2P file sharing just like music. It doesn't make it right, but the stuff is readily available. Clarendon is on Limewire as we speak. :|

Last edited:
I think the font used for the All That You Can't Leave Behind cover and elevation tour was MicrogrammaD Bold and medium.

Eurostyle is what it probally really is, I think MicrogrammaD is just a clone font.

I actually have it, microgramma, that is, and it looks really close.

Eurostile is a professional font, but I've seen it for download on various fan sites...I can't remember any specifically right now. Someone found the current album's font, Clarendon, on a Price is Right site I believe.

I want the font that's used for the "U2" on this poster real bad:
u1946.jpg

If you want to search for a certain font go to 'myfonts.com'. You can paste what you are looking for and it does a search to try to match it. I use it alot.

I have loads of fonts on disc ( already emailed the Clarendon font to someone last week)

So if you need eurostlye or clarendon i can email it to you

sixtoe said:

were not stealing, when you ask for someone to post a song up here is that stealing? I dont think this is a crime

Sorry, U2@NYC, but that is absolutely untrue. Fonts are not shareware, as you call them, but they are works of art created by a graphic designer and that designer is entitled to be be paid for his or her work. How do I know this? I am a creative director at an ad agency that works with font designers on a regular basis--including House Industries, a designer collective that suffers greatly from folks who think their work is "free" and trade it at will via file sharing programs.

Some fonts are indeed free, but it is the graphic designer's choice to offer them as such. If you can find a free version of Clarendon, fine. But if you're downloading a copyrighted work, it's piracy, plain and simple.

For more on this issue, google "font copyright"

Back
Top Bottom