MERGED-> U2.com Renew GIFT + u2.com renewal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
2 disc set with U2 . com membership renewal!!

I just received an e-mail about renewing my membership to U2 . com. Those who renew their membership will receive a 2 disc set called U2.Communication. The first cd is audio and the other is a cd-rom. Has anyone heard about this? Does anybody know when the audio is from? If I had to guess, I'd say it's probably selections from the Chicago DVD, just like Propaganda did with the Mexico City show, but it would be really awesome if it was something else like a "Best of Tour" disc or something.

Ahh yes U2.CoN at it again. How hard is it to find a couple dozen real fans to run the stupid fan club instead of the out of touch greedy corporate crap they have turned the fan club into?

Last edited:
Hi all, I'm very happy that most of your will not renew your subscriptions... :applaud:

IMHO, last year many people took a subscription just to get tickets. Apart from 'real' fans, like most of us, many so-so fans and even scalpers took out shitloads of subscriptions in order to get tix. This may not be the only reason for the presale disaster, but it played its part in the whole situation.

Presale for the third leg was much better, where former propmember got first bite of the chew.
I've been a propmember for years and I decided to renew. Receiving a free cd is not the only reason to do so; I think that former propmembers will benefit again in future tours...

Besides What are $32,= compared with $100,= that Rolling Stones fans have to pay for a fanclub membership? :shrug:

Of course U2.com stated that there'll be no guarantees for tickets, but that's only a logical step. Everybody (fans and scalpers) would take out subscriptions if U2.com explicitly promised tickets in a new presale...

U2.com will not receive one more penny from me after the fiasco I went through last time. :madspit:

This was posted at Zootopia by deck

"I just sent U2.com an email regarding the presale code, and this was the INSTANT reply:

Dear U2 Fan,

Thank you for your e-mail. At present, new subscribers do not receive pre-sale ticket codes.

If you are a member with an existing unused pre-sale code, it will be valid for any future Vertigo Tour presale, whether or not your subscription is still current.

Eligible subscribers will be emailed when details become available.

Cheers,
U2.Com Customer Service

:hyper: I still have my code :woohoo:

The least they can do is to guarantee tickets after that shitty equality line. If they could do that, they would have ALL of their memberships. U2.com sucks ass big time :madspit:

Originally posted by INDY500 [/i

New tour. Have they announced who's opening yet? [/B]

no but they posted the setlists already

Upon seeing the tracklisting, I'm not renewing. Had they included songs from, I don't know, SOMETHING BESIDES THE CHICAGO DVD (and two from Milan which will probably get releases anyway, plus they're classic songs I already have 308536 copies of. at least they didnt pick PRIDE), I might consider it. But since I STILL haven't gotten my keychain, nothing on that dumb CD is enticing, and there's no ticket garuntee, I see no reason to renew.

I know it's been said time and time again, but U2.com blows. I agree with whoever said they should just kill it and start over... and have some people from Interference (or other U2 fansites) work on it :up:

How about we each contribute a penny towards one membership and then the CD can be copied and sent out to everyone? Because one cent is about what that membership is worth. I can't even remember my login info, that's how often I've visited the site. Their offer is so lame I can't even believe it.

Wow, I was going to re-subscribe but after I saw the pitiful recycled track listing in this thread for the 2 disc deal, I've decided to skip.

I'll save the $32 and put it towards the $20 renewal fee for my Pearl Jam fan club membership and get the fan club holiday vinyl single, newsletters (at least 2 a year) and guaranteed tickets for the 2006 tour (they have never failed me).

Just last week, the PJ fan club had these 2 color silk screened posters for the various shows in Canada (2005 tour) for sale for $20 each! I bought one from the vancouver bc, calgary and winnipeg shows and received them in 4 days! They also have all the Canadian shows available for download for only $9.99 (available hours after the show is complete!).

I ordered a t-shirt from u2.com 2 weeks ago and haven't seen anything. When I try to "check order status" I get a "No shipping information available".

Thanks guys for helping me make the right decision. I'm a huge U2 fan but their fan club is weak.

Last edited:
quasi1970 said:
Wow, I was going to re-subscribe but after I saw the track listing in this thread for the 2 disc deal, I've decided to skip.

I'll save the $32 and put it towards the $20 renewal fee for my Pearl Jam fan club membership and get the fan club holiday vinyl single, newsletters (at least 2 a year) and guaranteed tickets for the 2006 tour (they have never failed me).

Just last week, the PJ fan club had these 2 color silk screened posters for the various shows in Canada (2005 tour) for sale for $20 each! I bought one from the vancouver bc, calgary and winnipeg shows and received them in 4 days! They also have all the Canadian shows available for download for only $9.99 (available hours after the show is complete!).

I ordered a t-shirt from u2.com 2 weeks ago and haven't seen anything. When I try to "check order status" I get a "No shipping information available".

Thanks guys for helping me make the right decision. I'm a huge U2 fan but their fan club is weak.

This makes me sad. I mean, U2 is supposedly the biggest band in the world, and yet they can't put together a fan club that resembles this. Pearl Jam is doing right by their fans, and U2 is totally dropping the ball. I feel embarrassed for them as an organization. Still love the band, but there needs to be some major website changes.

joyfulgirl said:
How about we each contribute a penny towards one membership and then the CD can be copied and sent out to everyone? Because one cent is about what that membership is worth. I can't even remember my login info, that's how often I've visited the site. Their offer is so lame I can't even believe it.
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I think the 'fan' club needs to change its name to the "scam club".

and may i just say...that after being fan-fucked all year... i was the only person out of 5 family members who was gonna renew this year, but i find that letter so insulting that i don't think i could bring myself to give them one more cent to do absolutly nothing for me on this and future tours!!

:scream: :no:

I'm not renewing and thats unheard of, they really have turned a lot of people against them in the membership arena,(i have been undecided until reading these posts today) but hey, I consider Interference my fan club. what a wonderful place to be. I hope you all agree?:wink:

Back
Top Bottom