MERGED-->U2.com HAS THE OFFICIAL SOMETIMES VIDEO!!!+I know I know... again again...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What an incredible video. Simple, cleanly shot and incredibly moving. I really love how Bono sings by himself before you can hear the band. One of their best videos ever.

Val said:
Very nice! I do hope they will release it in the States.

Yeah, and no Madden this time :yikes:

Yeah, I LOVE the video...knew Phil Joanou (sp?) would have Bono w/o his glasses, ala "One." I had full faith this video was going to be something special and it didn't disappoint!

:up:

What an absolutely, unbelievably beautiful, beautiful, beautiful video. I agree with whoever said it was the best since "Stay" ... WOW.

I was having a hard time appreciating the song before (while listening to the album) but after seeing this video... it's really hit home. Wow, wow, wow.

Okay, I've watched this video now a countless number of times. It's very moving each time I watch it. And each time, a different part takes my attention. It is quite powerful - I love how the black and white reveals lines on Bono's face. Those lines reveal so much of the life that he's lived.

I love how Bono sings the song unaccompanied (live, if you will) as the song gently joins him and takes over. I also love Bono's red shirt contrasted against the subdued, yet bright, backdrop and other band members. Even the cadence of his walk speaks to the viewer about the magnitude of this song. And yes, Bono without the shades is always a compelling image, full of sincerity and gravity.

Don't you all get the feeling that U2 is once again ready to take over the world with this song? I can't wait...

You know when a video is good when it truly elevates the song's likeability. It was a great song before, but now it takes on a whole new meaning for me. I really feel something from the song now. :wink:

The live singing is a great touch. This is a really great video, although I wish the shots of Bono walking were wider so we could see more of Dublin. The bedroom, the theatre...very nice.

I'd say the original Stuck video is up there too, but this one's a lot more personal, and I'd have to give it the Edge.

However--has anyone watched the Corbijn version of One recently? I just read that the song was partially inspired by Bono's relationship with Bob, and now the song has taken on yet ANOTHER meaning. The fact that Bob is in the video makes this one really special to watch now.

laz

and what was that reference to Night and Day? Is the video on the official site or something?

Last edited:
lazarus said:
and what was that reference to Night and Day? Is the video on the official site or something?

The live performance of Night And Day at MusiCares on 21 March 2003 leaked today via Interference. Check out the Music on the Internet forum. It is absolutely sensational. :drool:

Great video, thanks for the link so those of us who didn't pay the 40 big ones can still see it!:drool:

I forgot how great the song was, cool to see Bono's house, love the hoodie B.

Just wished they'd show a little more nostalgia stuff (yeah right, I was born in 90), like the school they went to, etc...haha, the bulletin board would be great!

Still a great video though, best since Please!

Oh. My...
Some points, possibly repeated from other posts as I haven't read them all...

Love the intro. :heart:
The hoodie is kinda annoying but I think I get it -- Anonymity.
Bono looks great in color and I wish we'd see him in it more often.
The bedroom part just made my eyes very moist. As people have mentioned it's the lack of glasses. Not only is it vulnerability, but it's the real person being exposed there, not the "rock star, Bono". Private vs. Public face.

edit: oops, I should read my post before posting it...

Last edited:
beautiful. just beautiful.

oh, and I love how Bono's hoodie has angel wings on the back. :D

That was such a thing of beauty and power, they got the one spot on. I knew Phil Joanou wouldn't let us down with this. I loved If God Will Send His Angels and I love this one just as much. How amazing does Bono look in this video, a little flash back to PopMart B-man, the performance section is really cool as well. I love the moment he's back at his old house in his old room. Just a stunning video. Words can't describe.

Thanks for links guys! Best video in ages I think.

I'm convinced that shirt is a dark shade of fuchsia definitely not red unless I've gone colour blind. My bro and his wife thinks so as well and she is going to buy one for him...LOL. What's cool is that we havent seen him wear a colour close to that since the Mysterious Ways vid. In fact that's the first thing I thought of when I saw it. Does anyone else agree?

Aardvark747 said:
Hang on - i've just come in to work?

IS THE VIDEO AVAILABLE NOW!!??:ohmy:

omg! That is amazing!:drool:

Im not kidding when I say that it's on a par with Stay as my fave. U2 video. Wonderful stuff.
I was wondering, if perhaps that bed he's sat on mid-way thru the vid, is in his old room in the house he grew up in? It would make sense. I've seen his old room in a documentary ages ago, but I can't remember if that's it or not.

Hmmm:eyebrow:
Anyway - fantastic vid!!:drool: :drool: :drool:

Back
Top Bottom