MERGED-->U2.com HAS THE OFFICIAL SOMETIMES VIDEO!!!+I know I know... again again...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ADecentMelody said:
Hey Gorman, as always, thanks for the link. I couldn't get the U2.com video to get past the first two lines. It's probably a firewall issue with work. But Batman has saved the day!

I really love that backdrop in the Gaiety Theatre. It was weird that they did not close up on Bono's face during siiiiiing. Excellent video!

:up:

I agree about the fact that they did not close-up during that part, my only complaint.

WHERE IS IT i cant find it anywhere on u2.com

is it only for subscribers?

edit: kellyahern pwns teh internet!!!!111 :)

Last edited:
Absolutely amazing video. Their best in years. It would have been cool to have a still shot of Bob at the end too, but maybe they (or Bono) didn't want to personalize it anymore than they did in the beginning of the vid.

A job well done guys. I hope it gets put on heavy rotation on VH1 and such.

I had a feeling this video would be special! I :heart: it. Very subtle but powerful.

- I love how Bono is singing by himself with no instruments playing at the very beginning and the other voice (Edge?) joins in.

- Was that really the house Bono grew up in??

- Does anyone but me think part of the reason Bono wears the shades all the time is for the dramatic effect it has for the few moments he isn't wearing them? (i.e. making him look more vulnerable)

- Bono in the red shirt... :drool:

- love the curtain going up at "siiiiiing!"

I hope I get to see this on an actual TV screen sometime soon to get the full impact, but since I live in the U.S. I imagine it's going to be awhile. It's so frustrating to see something this beautiful at only a fraction of the size it's supposed to be.

CPTLCTYGOOFBALL said:
If this song isn't HUGE when it's released in North America it'll be a crime

AMEN 2 that... but placing faith in the radio listeners and corporations that run the radio stations is something I've given up on doing...prove me wrong, please!!!

great video, truly great, only part I missed was the footage Larry was to have taken of Bono walking down Graffton street amongst all the shoppers and no one knows its him, that would have been cool to see. But regardless top notch video !

CPTLCTYGOOFBALL said:
If this song isn't HUGE when it's released in North America it'll be a crime

HA! If the music channels and stations weren't playing Ashlee Simpson and Hip Hop 24/7 then maybe, just maybe U2 would get some air time. My God, do I ever hate today's society. Why did I have to be born in 1984. WHY???

WOW!!!...nice video...simple but powerful!
And uh ..Yeah Bono in bed :drool: ..
And Bono in a red shirt:drool:
Sorry better hit the pleba area ;)
great video!!!

Thanks for the links guys!! What a video, definitely the best in ages I think. It was nice to see Bono without glasses on for once and did anyone else notice that he was wearing two rosaries. And was it just me or did his shirt look similar to the shirt in Mysterious Ways. A bit darker in colour and not as wild as the MWs tuxedo style but sure brought back some memories.

I started to cry as soon as I saw the words come across the screen, especially when it said, "I wish I'd known him better."

I was trembling just watching the emotion play on Bono's face...It was so beautiful when the colors came on and the backdrop lifted up to show the operahouse that Bob Hewson had once performed on himself....

I just wanted to reach through the screen and hug them all...it was such a poignant and moving video. I don't think a music video has ever touched my heart as deeply as this one has. I am very thankful that they have made such a personal video and shared that experience with us all.

Back
Top Bottom