MERGED --> U2 3D REVIEWS + Back from a U2 3D screening... + U23D - **Spoiler Alert**

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just to let you know. Tomorrow Fandango.c om will be selling tickets for the Metreon in San Francisco

i love one, and i kind of like it live (some performances like with the orchestra are stellar, and even though it'll piss some off, with MJB it's fun) but this was one of the worst performances of it i've heard. still a great song. it just wasn't what the song deserved, however, some songs were a lot better than i expected too. Axver you should go just for the fact that this was mixed better than any album or show ever. Also there's so many little things that go on on stage that you should see from that point of view. Like what the hell is in Larry's glass? Why does his kit look like he's OCD? What does it look like to have a guitar neck swung in your face in 3D? How can I make this a blip on the screen of commercial music as opposed to the Hannah Montana machine? Can you notice the major song they chose from Brasil after referencing Argentina the majority of the show? Do you think that Larry's shoes were weird and that he looked a bit emo in the whole women's pants getup? Did you love the fact that they showed drumming on WTSHNN and he hits that little fucker a whole lot? Did the Gray Squirrel go out on the bstage a whole lot more than ever? Did you feel Bono was a little creepy kissing Adam?

Do you wish the Edge's solos were longer, but still it's cool to see him, his guitar and his technique inches from your face..... does Bono's strumming prove or disprove the does Bono play argument..... Do his hokey get in the camera's face moves seem a lot more personal and scary but awesome in 3D?
Why didn't they think Miracle Drug wasn't good enough to keep around? How much more boring would this show have been if they played the awful black cat song? After seeing Adam's bass Playing do you think he's any good at Guitar Hero (i've never played, just putting it out there).... How come I never play sometimes you can't make it on your own, but when I hear it live, I can't help but sing it out loud. Why is this post changing person and tense? How come they didn't turn the volume up to 11 in the theater?

Honestly, I think you should go just for the technicality of the whole shebang. Plus the Fly (which I think could have been better, but was still awesome)

U2 3D

is a visual/audio masterpiece. Just saw a free screening in Dallas I-Max theater.

^

neatperson42 said:
why no AMC listings? I would think AMC would carry the film, no?

And there are a few more AMC theatres on the list that's now up on www.u23dmovie.com.
But not a lot though.

Just noticed that Century Theatres in Mountain View will start showing the movie on Feb 15th.
Which is great, 'cause I can BIKE there from my house!
:lol:

And is it my computer or does anybody else have problems scrolling the list normally?

Justin24 said:
Just to let you know. Tomorrow Fandango.com will be selling tickets for the Metreon in San Francisco

Hmm, still nothing up.
Are they slow or what?!

Last edited:
I finally got my email notice from Fandango that the tickets are for sale in my area, and you can order. So it is on the Fandango site now.

I bought our tickets for Friday the 25th. Both for a 7:00 PM showing and a 9:00 PM showing. :nerd:

:hyper: :drool: :hyper:

bonocomet said:
I finally got my email notice from Fandango that the tickets are for sale in my area, and you can order. So it is on the Fandango site now.

Thanks, bonocomet.

Not yet, but if they updated San Diego, San Francisco can't be far behind.
At least if they're updating in alfabetical order.

:lol:

LOL! I hope so! This whole thing has just been so odd! Someone is doing it on purpose I think, to watch the U2 fans go :crazy:

You'd almost think so.

But taking in consideration that not all theaters are equipped to play in digital 3D, it's stated as opening in select cities on Jan 23rd (and after that rolling out in more theaters) and is going up against Hannah Montana, which wouldn't have been the case, had it been released in the fall of 2007 (as was said originally) and probably wasn't planned, although maybe it was, 'cause if you think about it, if parents take their kids to see Hannah Montana in digital 3d and they like that, they could very well say : let's also check out u2 in 3d after that, it ain't that bad.

It will also be showing in Fairfax, CA beginning February 15th following a two week stint of Hannah Montana :mad:

Yes, the list scrolling action is whacked at the u23d movie website - it's not just you Miri.

Going back to fandago to check if the metreon is listed yet.

EBTTRT would be fantastic. FANTASTIC.

I can't wait to hear what everyone else thinks about it. I've had a few days to think about it and I keep flipping on my thoughts. I just read a review on one of the other threads and i couldn't disagree more with several points, but that makes me happy that someone else takes pleasure in things that I found to be not as pleasing. At the same thime there were some similar feelings. I think you guys will take a lot from the show and I think that even the staunchest of critics will find some fantastic pieces that will follow them around for days.

Sounds great I will be going to see it the day its out here been looking forward to it since I heard about it.

coemgen said:

:mad:

What about all of us fans who can't see it?

I will say that I sympathize and feel for you soooooooooooooo much. I'm usually one who can never make it out to these kinds of things, as I'm rather far from a big city, so I really appreciate how special it is to get the chance to see this -- especially since it'll be the closest I've gotten to seeing U2 live! :hyper:

Back
Top Bottom