MERGED --> Two U2 videos nominated! + VMAs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I couldn't watch it anymore so I turned it off! They should've called it the Bad Hip Hop Awards! :happy:

JCOSTER said:
Bono didn't win? :(

Justin won.

This has got to be the worst VMA's yet. Let's hope Alicia Keyes was telling the truth when she said this was the only opportunity to watch it and there would be no reruns.

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
I feel so old now watching these awards. sad.

Yeah I don't relate to any of this music being showcased at these awards. Is this really what the kids listen to??? Everywhere I see online, people are complaining about the show tonight and MTV in general. How and where the hell do they get their audience then if so many people don't like MTV now? Mind boggling!

Is my memory right by saying that u2 beat Justin out for some award and Justin was a bit upset stating that he'd win next time or something to that degree?

This award was dumb. Lets face it. And the show is really bad which is such a shame because there are so many great groups out there now.

It's really too bad that young music lovers get this type of entertainment.

I guess Alicia Keyes was lying. It's on at least 10 more times in the next week.

Can't wait to see the biggest performance of the night, coming up next. :|

okay, I guess this probably is the biggest performance of the night.

europop2005 said:
:up: I'd never seen that one before. It looked like they were in an aquarium at the beginning :lol:

I used to masochistically watch the VMAs, because they're such a trainwreck, but I've given up on that, because anything really worth seeing is going to be on YouTube within a day anyway :shrug:

Can't wait to see Britney's trainwreck of a performance :hyper:

yeah, HAMISH directed that crap...

I loved, though, that in the Foo Fighters room, eventually they weren't playing anymore :lol:

Jesus Christ!! They're trying to give me a god damn seizure with the nominations screens!
I cant even follow what's going on.
Did Bono just lose something?? :scream:

Zootlesque said:
You want Bono to win at this shit award ceremony?? :huh:

VMAs!! Yay! Let's partay!
:madspit: :madspit:

Oh my God!! The worse VMAs so far! They keep gettin' worse and worse every year. I'm so happy Bono/U2 didn't win, and that he hadn't even showed up! It's a true freakin' disgrace to win at show like this! Just when you thought Britney "case" couldn't get any worse - it does! I'm so happy I downloaded this show then I was able to fast forward it.. Still I saw this Miss America who was (again, oh God) tryin' to explain that she's not really that stupid...
I think MTV is tryin' to save money since the show was terribly directed in my opinion..

ramblin rose said:
Oh god, directed by Hamish Hamilton, now I understand everything. :lol:

Oh my double God!! You're right!! When I wrote the show was terribly directed I didn't know that.. That explains so much now :)

Elevation and Vertigo cater to the MTV/young audience just as The Fly and Discotheque did, but nice to see it became a crime post 2000.

Back
Top Bottom