MERGED ---> Thinking about getting a U2 Tattoo + U2 Tattoo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Westport said:
Tattoo.....cool when you're young....but I'd be afraid I'd get to be 90 and think...."Why the fuck did I do that?"

i used to think like that - people are like "but the tattoo will look gross and ugly when you're 90 and it'll be all wrinkly and saggy and stuff" which might be true but if you think about it, who really gives a flying toss what you look like when you're 90?
its NOW that counts

i'm thinking of getting the vertigo target - the reasons are 2 fold:

a - i recently returned from volunteering in ghana and they have a set of old ancestral cultural symbols called adinkra symbols. they're all over the place in ghana, some more than others and are a big part of their cultural heritage there.
i was looking through a book and found this:

adinkrahene.gif

its the Adinkrahene - the chief of all symbols and the original and inspiration for all of the others. it means or is meant to inspire leadership, greatness and charisma.
so i want to get i as a reminder of my time volunteering in ghana and also because of the inspirational aspect of it.

b - it looks like the vertigo target! not identical in this picture i know but its form can vary slightly.
thats my U2 base covered there - a very important part of it because Bono was a big inspiration in me getting involved in things like MPH and the One campaing and ultimately going to ghana and volunteering out there.
and of course because U2 are a big part of me too.

i wonder if U2 know of its meaning or if that's where they got the vertigo target idea from because i coulddnt think of 3 better words to describre Bono!

digsy said:

i wonder if U2 know of its meaning or if that's where they got the vertigo target idea from because i coulddnt think of 3 better words to describre Bono!

I thought this looked familiar. Looked on Oxfam for some whim--bingo. The color scheme is interesting :wink:
http://www.oxfam.org.uk/coolplanet/ontheline/schools/adinkra/adinkra2.htm

9st0so.jpg

I say go for it. I've been debating between a similar design or a blue star lately myself, maybe I'll eventually do both....:coocoo:

starsgoblue said:

I thought this looked familiar. Looked on Oxfam for some whim--bingo. The color scheme is interesting :wink:
http://www.oxfam.org.uk/coolplanet/ontheline/schools/adinkra/adinkra2.htm

9st0so.jpg

I say go for it. I've been debating between a similar design or a blue star lately myself, maybe I'll eventually do both....:coocoo:

cool!
i like that pic

i'm gonna get one in a bit but now that i've decided what i want i'm going ot wait a bit to make sure i still feel so strongly about it - i may get it as a birthday present for myself at the end of the year... maybe even next year only
also thinking of getting a white tattoo - saw one on someone recently, they're really unusual looking and don't stand out as much

Last edited:
U2 Tattoo

I have a couple of tattoos and have always wanted a U2 tattoo.

I thought long and hard about the ones I have already as obviously they last for life. My others relate to my wife and children so I know they are to last for life. With U2 I have been undecided. I have been a fan for 21 years. They have been a big influence on my life from the age of 13 or so.

21 years is probably going to be 40% -50% of my adult life so I think that a U2 tattoo is something I would not grow to regret - particlularly as i think they are going from strength to strength at the moment.

So I think a U2 tattoo is required - I am pulled towards a black Joshua Tree incorporating 'U2' or the lettering in the style of the U2 rings on Achtung Baby album cover or a chain (a bit dark and moody) with a fractured link and the lyrics 'a link is lost the chain undone'.

What do you lot reckon? Anyone got any examples or different suggestions or do you all think I am mad for having a tattoo based on the best band in the world?

Westport said:
Tattoo.....cool when you're young....but I'd be afraid I'd get to be 90 and think...."Why the fuck did I do that?"

at 90 i will be more concerned about having my nappy changed and what I can get away with in the old folks home after removing my oxygen tube to worry about what tattoo's I have had.

cheers for that but it doesnt really help canvass opinion on my ideas and as a new member it means I cant have any discussion with everyone if everytime i post something someone points me to where it has been done before.:scream: (just kidding) :bow:

If I were to get a U2 tattoo, which I've been considering for awhile, I'd actually get the logo in your avatar, CK, except just the U2 part, in black.

BonoIsMyMuse said:
If I were to get a U2 tattoo, which I've been considering for awhile, I'd actually get the logo in your avatar, CK, except just the U2 part, in black.

thats not a bad idea at all BIMM cheers.

now though I might have to have two. the avatar and the link is lost suggestion.

zoobeatle said:
The Macphisto symbol like on HMTMKMKM in a discreet place would be O.K, someone show a pic please.

I've got that on my right shoulder blade. The yellow and white in it have long since faded though. Lemme find my camera and I'll take a pic

Achtung Ya'll said:

I've got that on my right shoulder blade. The yellow and white in it have long since faded though. Lemme find my camera and I'll take a pic

yeh lets see a pic

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom