MERGED --> The Official W00T I Got The Bomb Thread + I got it I got it I got it!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
kakvox said:
I am so glad you are happy. That makes my day. :happy:

thats sweet, thanks :)

happy happy happy happy happy happy happy happy happy :D

I got it :cool:
I bought 2, actually... common edition (just CD) and Deluxe edition (CD+DVD+Book)... because with common edition they gave me a special album with 5 tracks live (from Slane) just made for Mexico :D

I was since 1 PM to 7 PM... 500 people or so were there under sun, later a cover band (No Name) played some songs, but they destroyed U2 classics :huh:

:up:

Last edited:
:dance: *does happy dance* :dance: for everyone that has the album i'm happy for all of you and can't wait for it to be my turn...
I think i'm gonna explode soon :combust:

Gonna get it in about 1hours 30 min 'cause then it 'll be midday-break at work.
Have to walk 4 km with pain in one foot but that's an excuse to have a strong beer to loose it up again...
: paininthefootwithbeersmiley
Happy happy joy joy :hyper:

P.S.: Are we gonna get a WOOTsmiley

Last edited:
I got mine in Virgins mega store here in Belfast which was open at midnight, plus they give us the huge poster that was advertising the album because we were the first ones through the door:wink: played Dvd at 1 oclock in the morning skipped through the album cos I really had to get to bed.. now I have all day to listen to it:)

I had an email saying it has been shipped on Friday - oh how they tease me. Waiting to see if it comes in the post today:crazy:

Got the bomb today

First off, who ever said this was a mellow record?

I can't remember the last time I heard so many Edge solos (Miracle drug, Love and peace or else, All because of you, Crumbs - 2 solos, Original of the species and City of blinding lights - the "time.." part).

Second, who said Bono's voice is fading? He sounds very clear, as well as hitting the notes.

My first impression is this is definitely not ATYCLB inspired. (except maybe Original of the species) Yes, the songs are formulaic but that's about it. Even more direct and personal, it almost feels like being inside Bono's mind. It's too early to tell if this is a third masterpiece or rank it anywhere among U2's albums, but so far I really like it. More of a grower and less catchy than the previous album.

I don't care for City of blinding lights (anyone notice Coldplay-ish sounds on the album?) yet, and I have yet to figure out what I think on Man and woman. Otherwise, I like the songs.

Favorite songs: Sometimes you can't make it on your own, All because of you, Crumbs from your table and Original of the species. Honorable mention Miracle drug.

The moment of the album: "can you hear me when I SING, you're the reason I sing, you are the reason the opera is in me, I still gotta let you know, a house doesn't make a home, don't leave me here alone" from Sometimes you can't make it on your own. If this doesn't move you, I don't know what will.
Musically, Edge solo on Love and peace or else at the end. (that song's melody has me grinning like an idiot for some reason) What an explosion!

I think Electrical storm is, for the most part, really indicative for this album. If you enjoyed that, you will love it.

Last edited:
it will actually take a week or two to properly sink in, i had a break from listening to the album tracks anf just playes Fast Cars and Mercy...went back to listen to the album the other day and it hasn't stopped playing on my system...it is a true piece of class...i am overjoyed, it is just what i needed...ta

Re: Got the bomb today

U2girl said:

My first impression is this is definitely not ATYCLB inspired. (...) More of a grower and less catchy than the previous album.

*cought*...ahem...*cought*

:applaud:

I'm rating your review -> 9/10 (-1 because of what you said about COBL:madspit: )

I've got the bomb too! :hyper:

I've just bought the HTDAAB LP and the retail (non-promo) 12" of Vertigo. Got myself a poster, 12" flat and carrier bag for free ;)

I was hoping for a double, gatefold LP but it is just a single disc. My guess is that the booklet is just a larger version of the CD booklet, as was the case with ATYCLB.

htdaabgoodness.jpg

Poster on the left is double-sided. One side with "Album out on 22nd November", the other with "Album out now".

The 12" flat has the target in the middle and a red star on the reverse.

The carrier bag is up top.

The album reverse is right of this, and album sleeve with "out of focus" band picture.

Opened LP booklet in centre. Album disc on RHS.

Vertigo 12" cover reverse, inner sleeve, and disc at the bottom

:)

I ordered the Collectors Edition from Virginmegastore online so I hope to receive this in a day or two.

:up:

Alan

I also just picked up the "BOMB' cd from a small local music store that sells new and used cd's and dvd's.... the sound quality on the cd is much better than the mp3 files I downloaded, there is also great pictures and lyrics included ...I am planning on getting the box set later this evening when UPS delivers another shipment to the store

Re: Got the bomb today

U2girl said:

Second, who said Bono's voice is fading? He sounds very clear, as well as hitting the notes.

I don't care for City of blinding lights

Favorite songs: Sometimes you can't make it on your own, All because of you, Crumbs from your table and Original of the species. Honorable mention Miracle drug.

I love all those songs in that order too
:heart:

The more I hear this the more I love it.

I was quite critical of it at first too and thought I'd hate it
:reject:

Why do so many kids on this board say "parts of it sound like Coldplay..."

Do you not know that every note Coldplay has ever written has been intended to sound as much like U2 as possible? That's like saying Shakespeare sounds too much like the new Oliver Stone movie...

Sheesh. Sorry, venting done now.

mwheelonh said:
Why do so many kids on this board say "parts of it sound like Coldplay..."

Do you not know that every note Coldplay has ever written has been intended to sound as much like U2 as possible? That's like saying Shakespeare sounds too much like the new Oliver Stone movie...

Sheesh. Sorry, venting done now.

im pretty sure maja is not a kid.
im sure she's entitled to think it sounds like coldplay
:shrug:

Bump. The UPS man just dropped off my CD via Amazon! YAY!

Now I gotta go get the LE DVD version from a store some where tommorrow! Target perhaps? :)

Back
Top Bottom