MERGED-->The History Mix DVD + What's on this DVD?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ultraviolet353

War Child
The History Mix DVD

I was really surprised at how much I liked the History Mix DVD. I really thought it woild be a throwaway promo, but I think that for what it was, I really liked it. Watching the History Mix I thought about the past ten years in my own life. I guess U2 is a sort of time stamp for me.

I also really liked the Please video.

Yeah its put together really well. Certainly made me look at their 90s work and remember how much they rock.
I thought everyone had seen that Please vid..it was played on music stations here a lot.

I have no DVD player!

I'm gonna get it and just hope that if I stare at it hard enough, I'll start to see things. :crack:

Bought the double cd + dvd but I also don't have a dvd-player (not even on my computer).

[dumb question]Is there still a possibillity for me to watch is i.e. can I rip it or something?[/dumb question]

DrTeeth said:
[dumb question]Is there still a possibillity for me to watch is i.e. can I rip it or something?[/dumb question]

There is...but that would involve doing "illegal" things... :tongue:

Melon

So how is the DVD sold??? Is it inside the CD case?? Or is seperate? Do you pay for it?? Will my record store have it?? lol :combust:

_______
2 hours and 9 minutes................... :crack:

Last edited:
It is in a seperate cardboard sleeve wrapped in plastic together with the double cd. I don't think it costs extra, mine was almost ?30,- which is almost $30,- :tongue:

DrTeeth said:
It is in a seperate cardboard sleeve wrapped in plastic together with the double cd. I don't think it costs extra, mine was almost ?30,- which is almost $30,- :tongue:

Thank-you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hyper:

I think they'll have it here where I live 'cause I heard my radio station advertise it! :D :D :hyper:

1 hour and 41 minutes

DrTeeth said:
Bought the double cd + dvd but I also don't have a dvd-player (not even on my computer).

* taps fingers...

I am enjoying the history mix. I love the part where they show clips of the Bologna concert, I was there! I remember that part and how emotional it was when Bono satellited to Sarajevo and they talked about how just a few hours prior more bombs had killed a child and injured many more...I have always wanted a copy of that show because it was one of my favorite shows, so thank you U2 for putting clips on this dvd! And hopefully there will be more on the Best of DVD documentary of Sarajevo!

I got it at Target for $14.88 with the DVD. What a deal! All the regular stores here have it, like Circuit City or Best Buy for 14.99.
They had a lot when I was there at 10:00 am. Good Luck!

DrTeeth said:
mine was almost E 25,- at Kroese compact discs, Nijmegen!!!!!!!!

phommel said:

mine was almost E 25,- at Kroese compact discs, Nijmegen!!!!!!!!

Beat ya! :p E20 at Media Markt Amsterdam (Arena). I heard it was even E15 at Media Markt Rotterdam, but don't take my word for it.

As for the DVD, I think it's way cool! Total run time is about 20 minutes:
- 7:40 The History Mix
- 2:20 Best Of 1990 - 2000 DVD Trailer
- 5:00 Please - Live
- 4:00 Beautiful Day - Eze Version

It has a very cool intro with a big mirrorball and some snapshorts of U2 (with the intro of UTEOTW as background music). The menu is animated the whole time.
The DVD trailer makes me wish it's already 2 December. It basically shows some of the videos that'll be on the DVD (really quick shots, etc.), it mentions the Director Commentaries (on the trailer Phil Joanou talking about the use of a certain camera and Kevin Godley about showing nothing in the middle of Numb). The bonus tracks are shown (Mofo, Please, Lemon, IGWSHA) and some Behind The Scenes (again Phil Joanou's version of One). And all this in less than 2 1/2 minutes!

Great teaser!

Marty

Holy goddamn fucking shit!!! I just watched the DVD, and yeah.. uh... wow?
totally better than i expected! and like I got the Best Of for $22 canadian ($14 US) .. that's less than the price of a regular CD, and it's 2 CDs.. plus the DVD. hallelujah!!!!

Do you guy's know if there are any "easter eggs" on the DVD or not? I just got it as well and I figured if there were any, one of you U2 "techies" out there would have figured it out by now.

bonosloveslave said:

Can you play it on your computer?

My computers are old. :scream:

*stared at DVD, imagining* :der:

Well...my sis has a player...back home...7 hours away...

*road trip* :D

What a great teaser of a DVD!!! Just amazing. I can't believe this spans only 10 years. What I hadn't seen and just loved was the Beautiful Day video. So fresh! All I can think about is the vivid colors in the DVD. Overall I'm looking forward to early December :D

Just got the best of with the bonus DVD today in the mail!!! woohoooooooooooo!! Thanks CDNow!

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT...I LOVED THE DVD! AKA DA TEASER! :love: :love:

and i am about to combust from the sheer excitement of having this sweet lil cd +bonus dvd in my hot lil hands!! :combust:

I JUST :heart: U2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and I just dug the please video...! that is awesome version!

Now this :crazy: U2 fanatic has to wait til friggin next month for the full version dvd!:banghead: :no:

Peace!!!

First one in the door at my local Target yesterday...made the guy open the box and just like Xmas...I had my own special edition copy. That, and a big hunk of diapers!! by 8:05 am.

A day later, and I actually get some free time to listen and review the DVD too!

I can't believe my eyes...in the history mix...Larry smiling...for a whole 10 seconds???

Love the B-sides, really good for working out! (folding laundry has never been this fun:smile:!!)
Regular best of mix seems a bit mellow. But I'll enjoy throwing all four Best of discs in with the U2 - 7 and hitting "random".

Seems I'll have to continue to build my single collection through visits to TO and HMV.com.

Always a great day when I can buy some U2!!

Is the history mix on this new dvd done in the same way the history mix is done on the old Achtung Baby video? It would be really complimentory to the 80-90 history mix if the new mix was done in the same way.

david said:
Is the history mix on this new dvd done in the same way the history mix is done on the old Achtung Baby video? It would be really complimentory to the 80-90 history mix if the new mix was done in the same way.

It's not done in exactly the same way. The 80-90 history mix was more of a collage of videos and some words/images. In a way this history mix is a bit more indepth. There are still the short clips of some videos, but there are also some soundbytes of the different members (from the ZooTV special, A Year In Pop, etc.). But the new history mix does complement the other mix as this one starts where the old one ended: Bono's 'dream it all up again' speech on 30 December 1989.

C ya!

Marty

Do people w/o DVD players still need it? or has someone rippped it? cus I can rip it and pass it on if no one has yet.....

whats on this dvd??

yo yo yo bog up me homies!

i mean in terms of easter eggs etc. ive read on this forum that theres r loads of stuff but there r only like 4 things on mine

Back
Top Bottom