MERGED-->"The Hands that built America" video + Just saw Hands Video

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
I Just Saw The Video For Hands...

It's a mix of band playing in a room and scenes from the movie. The movie scenes are in color, and the band is in black&white (but with a brown touch to it, like the dress-up video for One). I think any stills will look amazing. Could be one of their best videos, as far as "band" shots are concerned.

They look VERY good: dressed pretty much the usual, Bono (with glasses, could be the kind he wore on the tour) playing acoustic guitar/singing, Edge on keyboards/singing and Larry and Adam of course on bass and drums. They're all in a room, and the camera sort of spins around and shares angles of all of them. At the end of the operatic bit, you can see a shot of Bono belting, and right at the end, at the "new york skyline" verse there is a beautiful shot of New York - with the towers.

I started watching a half or a minute before the "I took your kiss" part, and Bono has a smile or two. *edit* There is a window (or it could be artificial light) behind Larry and some sort of shine comes from that corner of the room.

Last edited:
Uhhh...that just sounds like the Hands video that was on the DVD, only with movie shots and a New York pic cut in. You sure it was official? I could make something like that given 20 minutes, I'm just wanting to be sure that it's official, considering someone showed the exact thing about a month and a half ago.

I don't know, I saw it on VIVA TV (this German TV a la MTV). It is true that it was at the start of a movie programme, and the video said "Hands...Gangs of New York OST."

:shrug: Seemed real to me.

DaveC said:
Uhhh...that just sounds like the Hands video that was on the DVD, only with movie shots and a New York pic cut in. You sure it was official? I could make something like that given 20 minutes, I'm just wanting to be sure that it's official, considering someone showed the exact thing about a month and a half ago.

It is the one from the DVD with movie shots but its always on Q

I think the movie clips fit very well with the song, I would like to have seen this version also included in the DVD, but hey, yo can't have everything hehe.

i like pretty much everything about the song, video, movie...

I really like the Soundtrack version of the song more than the Best of version. Both are pretty much the same though. Both are good.

the soundtrack version has more of an explosion towards the end, the part at the end of the movie. perfect, if you ask me.

Yeah, the end of that movie was cool. I almost got up and delivered an ass-kicking in the theater because a bunch of people just jumped off and started to leave when it was showing that section?

Who just gets up and takes off when it's showing a 9/11 memorial? I got pretty pissed. People are idiots.

yeah the morons who were there when i saw the movie got up as soon as it was obvious that the movie was over. me, on the other hand, i tried to stay until the song was over and got thrown out by one of the people working there

and of course i had to go at 1:15 in the afternoon, so it was all senior citizens

Cool. I like ruling.

IWasBored does rule by the way.

Good luck on getting it all down sue4u2.

glad that people think i rule

u2popmofo, you definetly rule, that's not even a question. especially cos i tend to gauge how much people rule on their taste in music. you've definetly got excellent taste in music.

Yeah, my taste is excellent. I mean, who doesnt like Savage Garden? They rock.......

Lyrics Mystery Solved

Finally.

U2.com has updated the lyrics of the THTBA and now you can see what the mumbling in the background is:

First Verse:

These are the hands that built America
Russian, Sioux, Dutch, Hindu

Second Verse:

And these are the hands that built America
The Irish, the Blacks, the Chinese, the Jews

This makes sense.

i thought they said somehting about italian, german and polish...

Hello,

I also saw the video for THTBA this evening. I turned the TV on, switched to The Box and behold! The video for THTBA was just starting. My first time and I saw it in its total.
It's always cool to see a U2 video, but I have to say I thought it wasn't that spectacular (just the band video from the Best Of... DVD with scenes from the movie). Anyway, I still hope it will do well (release it as a single!)

C ya!

Marty

IWasBored said:
wait a minute, there were movie clips?

Yes, there were. U2girl was saying that already in the very first post. :) I merely added some personal opinion to it.

C ya!

Marty

right...i pay attention to these things :der:

*goes out in search of video with movie clips*

"The Hands that built America" video

For the 1st time, yesterday I saw that video, and I loved it. Its better than the ES video.

I was so excited I jumped on my bed and wanting to show someone the video but there was no one. But then there is always interference to post my excitement :p

:kiss: bono :kiss:

AcrobatMan

Re: Lyrics Mystery Solved

ramblin rose said:
Finally.

U2.com has updated the lyrics of the THTBA and now you can see what the mumbling in the background is:

First Verse:

Russian, Sioux, Dutch, Hindu

Second Verse:

And these are the hands that built America
The Irish, the Blacks, the Chinese, the Jews

This makes sense.

Ahhhh...so that is what's being mumbled.

Yeah, it does make sense.

Okay...just watched the video-first off, I like the soundtrack version of the song and the one from the "Best Of" equally-I think both are great.

Second, the video...wow. Very cool-I like the brownish tone to it.

And I'm just gonna admit this now...that part in the video where it shows New York City in the past and then with the WTC towers...that was a nice touch...kinda creepy...I actually had tears seeing that against the line "It's early fall, there's a cloud on the New York skyline".

Angela

Back
Top Bottom