MERGED-->The Fly is on UK Best Of + the Fly is Officially listed (not hidden)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bammo2

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
In a car with House and Wilson :yikes: Let me out!
The Fly is on UK Best Of

Hey guys

don't know if we all already know this, but I got my best of today, and it has The Fly as Track 17. Its not a hidden track, but is listed as track 17 on the sleeve. Did we already know this - am I just being slow?!!

I've read that the fly isn't on the Australian release, so I don't know if it's just the UK one that has it or what!

Well it got me excited anyway!!!!!:lol:

Lu
:wave:

*edited cos I just worked out that we already know this, so that was a load of excitement about nothing!

That'll teach me to pay attention next time......Its cos of all these different versions - it confused me :confused: :banghead: :lmao: that's my excuse anyway....

Last edited:
The Fly officially listed on the UK best-of (not hidden)

Good news! Im pleased theygave it the respect it deserves!:yes: :drool: :yes: :yes: :drool:

we got TGBHF on ATYCLB as well......apparantly because they feel bad cos we have to pay soooooooooooo much for CDs they feel we deserve a bit more.

although that doesn't explain why Australia didn't get The Fly (their CDs are stupidly expensive)

yeah we got tgbhf too though bammo
our cds are ridiculously priced!!!!!
i paid $40Aud for the Best of but Ive seen it elsewhere for $50!
doesnt make sense why we didnt get the fly because we usually get pretty much the same stuff as the UK
The Fly def did a lot better here than bloody Miss Sarajevo! Tis odd indeeed.

zooropamanda said:
yeah we got tgbhf too though bammo
our cds are ridiculously priced!!!!!
i paid $40Aud for the Best of but Ive seen it elsewhere for $50!

daft isn't it. I paid ?20 for the best of - which, if the exchange rate hasn't changed in the past few months, is about AUS$50. It makes me sooo mad (although I have to admit I didn't really shop around for the cheapest - I just saw it on pre-order on HMV.com and got excited)

New release 1 cd albums are usually about ?14 here. STUPID!! And they wonder why people download stuff from the net.

Lu
:wave:

I read the TGBHF was on the UK version of ATYCLB to promote local sales. Something about Brits buying discs cheaper from other countries. And U2 was supposedly pissed-off about the whole thing since that was not how they intended the album.

I imagine that the same rationale is going on here with the UK and Japan getting the FLY on their Best Of.

The real marketing genius/evil is in the DVD. Because of the DVD that comes with the Best Of I'll be buying a North American version of the set.
Even though I have a region free, PAL converting DVD player, I will still take the DVD I can play anywhere in the US over a CD track I already have.

Too bad though. I do love the FLY. Maybe I'll buy those UK single disc versions for friends at Xmas time...

i dont get it. The fly was massive in australia, i am sure it went to no.1

In fact, i have a feeling it was U2's single biggest selling song in Australia in the 90's. Not good enough to make it on to the best of here though...Lemon was also huge - and released as a single here.

I suppose i could live without the Fly if they had the full versions of miss sarajevo and mysterious ways to take up the blank space on the cd.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom