MERGED --> Sssooo, the album COVER... + Bomb on the HTDAAB back cover + Opinions on..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2_Guy said:
...ends up like a bunch of 40 years old waiting for the bloody bus...

Such a terrible cover...

And Antoin did some wonderful work in the past...

Why not the limited box cover or even the Vertigo single cover?

Believe it or not, I think it's cool that they had the guts to do a picture like that for this album. Very classy. Very relaxed. Very "I don't give a F--- what you think of us in this picture" kind of attitude. Perhaps they're trying to say: "As a band this is how we sound. Take it or leave it."

Overall, I think the picture fits best with the sound of All Because of You.

I have no scans of the back cover, but I have seen it. I'm sorry, but I'm not going to run around looking for the stuff, but I know that if nothing else, I saw it at www.u2tour.de when those German album reviews broke. The scans were on the same page as the reviews....pics are probably elsewhere online, too, but that's one place I know you should be able to find something. It was very plain....reminded me almost EXACTLY of the back cover to Depeche Mode's Violator , but with some red thrown in for good measure. Very sterile, very cold, very authoritarian....I LOVE the back of the album. It's the front that looks a bit on the....silly side.

There was a pic posted on here a couple of weeks ago of the band, sort of in the distance, but still identifiable, with the sky in clear view, which looked fantastic imo, and would've been brilliant for the cover.
Does anyone know which one I mean? Id love to see it again?:eyebrow:

Bomb on the HTDAAB back cover

What do you think about Bomb on the HTDAAB back cover?

Aardvark747 said:
There was a pic posted on here a couple of weeks ago of the band, sort of in the distance, but still identifiable, with the sky in clear view, which looked fantastic imo, and would've been brilliant for the cover.
Does anyone know which one I mean? Id love to see it again?:eyebrow:

That was the cover for the official 2005 U2 Calendar, was it not...?

If you shout... said:
I have no scans of the back cover, but I have seen it. I'm sorry, but I'm not going to run around looking for the stuff, but I know that if nothing else, I saw it at www.u2tour.de when those German album reviews broke. The scans were on the same page as the reviews....pics are probably elsewhere online, too, but that's one place I know you should be able to find something. It was very plain....reminded me almost EXACTLY of the back cover to Depeche Mode's Violator , but with some red thrown in for good measure. Very sterile, very cold, very authoritarian....I LOVE the back of the album. It's the front that looks a bit on the....silly side.

Does anyone still have this?

Re: Bomb on the HTDAAB back cover

depe said:
What do you think about Bomb on the HTDAAB back cover?

Show us the picture, and then I'll tell you what I think!

:shifty: :shifty: :scratch:
:confused: :shrug:

I have a picture of the calender cover...I can email it to anyone who wants it. Or someone could tell me how to post pictures

Last edited:
Back Cover:

U2-HowToDismantleAnAtomicBomb-Back.jpg

Let the criticism begin.

I like it, too...! But what, exactly, happened to the rest of "Love and Peace or Else?" Just "Love and Peace," now? I'm not complaining, cuz most of the titles are too long, anyway...I'm just surprised at a change coming so late in the game.

If you shout... said:
But what, exactly, happened to the rest of "Love and Peace or Else?" Just "Love and Peace," now? I'm not complaining, cuz most of the titles are too long, anyway...I'm just surprised at a change coming so late in the game.

Really, there goes LPOE. So what is it now LAP?

You know after seeing the a color version similar to the album cover that's in the 2005 calendar I realize why Bono's head looks so funny.

They're actually sitting in front of a mirror. Part of what you're seeing is his reflection.

i like the cover, its not really crowded which is good...... kinda the opposite to the actung baby cover which is overloaded with different images

EDIT: how do u guys know that its a fake???????????????

Last edited:
U2_Guy said:
Totally fake.

I hope so... you can't name a bloody song Love and Peace! It's gotta be Love and Peace OR ELSE!! Just calling it "Love and Peace" totally does not fit the attitude of the song, and it completely throws off my abbreviations. My album experience is ruined.

j/k :wink: but I do hope the title is kept Love and Peace or Else... seems odd that they'd change it; all the magazines report that as the title.

As for the cover - um, I could care less. I think they could have done a much better photo, but really, who gives a flying fuck? It's not like everytime I listen to Miracle Drug the album cover pops up into my head and I think "Oh, if only the cover was better! I can't listen to this song knowing I don't like the cover."

I don't like where this Love and Peace thing is going. The "or Else" is pretty instrumental to the song.

Or maybe that's a red herring for the uninitated. It's a trick! Expecting a preachy ballad? You'll see....

Back
Top Bottom