MERGED ----> Special Olympics + U2 rules + After watching... + The Black Strat...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bono_man2002

Blue Crack Addict
Special Olympics

not sure if this has been posted...
but i found this on www.u2tours.com

U2 will perform at the Opening Ceremony of the 11th Special Olympics World Summer Games. The 3-hour ceremony will be broadcast live on Ireland's RTE TV.

so you irish people, with your video and audio recorders be ready!
its on June 21 if you dont already know....

(This is what I will write when I'd see the performance, writting now cause not too sure that I'd be interested to write it then)

That was a amazing and moving performance of One or Beautiful Day, I like the new lyrics at the end.

What is 11th Special Olympics World Summer Games and where does this take place ?

These can't be the real Olympics, 'cause tey're not the 11th for sure

Does anyone know if the Special Olympics have been held outside the U.S. before and if it was televised here? If so maybe we'll get it here in the states.

Thanks Martha lets hope they still show it here anyway. As for the coming explosion I'm ready I got a new coat yesterday:lol:

nexus6 said:
What is 11th Special Olympics World Summer Games and where does this take place ?

These can't be the real Olympics, 'cause tey're not the 11th for sure
its the olympics for disabled athletes. it takes place in ireland this year.

ishkash said:
(This is what I will write when I'd see the performance, writting now cause not too sure that I'd be interested to write it then)

That was a amazing and moving performance of One or Beautiful Day, I like the new lyrics at the end.

I like this post - I fully agree with it...

if someone records the show off the broadcast....
can you also record the corrs?...there playing too...and there my 3rd favourite band :wink:

ooh just to let you know ...

it is being televised worldwide...

We would just like to remind you all that the Corrs will be performing in the opening ceremony of the Special Olympics this Saturday, and according to the Belfast Telegraph the ceremony will be transmitted live on television around the world.

People living in Northern Ireland will be able to watch the event live on television channel RTE, while people in the rest of the world will have to make do with pre-recorded footage of the show. The RTE broadcast is being transmitted on Eurovision, and the opening will be watched live throughout Europe and North and South America as well as India and many other countries.

check here, http://www.corrsonline.com/home/news/2003/june/18a.shtml

:wave:

Alright !!! We get to see it here in the States. Now all I have to do is figure out what channel its on. I just got digital cable and theres just to many frigging channels! Thanks for the info. :applaud:

So when will this be on TV on the East Coast in USA? I know the ceremony starts at 7:00pm and I think Ireland is 6 or 7 hours later than NY which would make it on around 1:00pmish. Anybody know what network or specific time?

Thanks.

wolfwill23 said:
So when will this be on TV on the East Coast in USA? I know the ceremony starts at 7:00pm and I think Ireland is 6 or 7 hours later than NY which would make it on around 1:00pmish. Anybody know what network or specific time?

Thanks.

Ireland is 5 hours ahead of NY. So 7pm there is 2pm EST here. :)

I have no idea if or what station it'd run on in the US.

Edgette said:
u2log has reported that U2 did a soundcheck and ran through "Pride" and "One". :hyper:

:wave:

~J

just reading that makes me :drool: The idea that somewhere in the world U2 is onstage right now doing a soundcheck and getting ready to perform in a bit makes me very happy. Now if we can just figure out how to see the performance that would be even better. I just looked online at the cable guide for my cable co and it doesn't have anything listed for today.

Last edited:
arw9797 said:

just reading that makes me :drool: The idea that somewhere in the world U2 is onstage right now doing a soundcheck and getting ready to perform in a bit makes me very happy. Now if we can just figure out how to see the performance that would be even better. I just looked online at the cable guide for my cable co and it doens't have anything listed for today.

I'm at work so I know I won't be able to watch it :sad: But, I know U2 fans are awesome, so I know I'll be able to see it sometime. I also know there will be plenty of pictures and probably MP3's as well. :hyper:

And I agree ARW...it is exciting to know that U2 are going to perform soon. I'm glad it's the entire band too. I love Bono, of course, but I like it when the whole band is involved. :yes:

(New :edge: and :adam: pics!! :drool:)

:laugh:

~J

Back
Top Bottom