MERGED-->Sometimes You Cant Make It On Your Own Video on VH1+SycmioyoVid All Over Vh1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2NSTLOU

The Fly
Sometimes on VH1

I don't if this has been posted but this morning VH1 showed the SYCMIOYO video. For some reason I thought this wasn't going to be shown in the US like the good version of stuck in a moment. This was the first time I've seen the video and I have to say I was moved to tears. Now I have to try to get it on tape. Just thought I'd let yall know its being shown here.

I saw it too, but it was playing before I got a chance to record it. The end with Bono walking, singing, staring into the camera with that look he did in "If God Would Send His Angels" was so much more intense on the larger screen.

VH what? No matter, as great as this song is it won't be a hit. It's just not poppy or casual enough to cross over to a large audience, even an adult contempory one. Unfortunately, adults like their music served with a spoonful of sugar just as much as the kiddies do (i.e. 'Soak Up the Sun').

Radio is playing Sometimes a lot

Sometimes is flying up the radio airplay charts, w/o any help from sales, though, it may not chart so high on Billboard. However, it is soaring towards #1 on at least 2 radio formats and has cracked into 5 already, w/o any official U.S. release, promotion, video, etc., other than the understated Grammy performance. I think this song is destined to be a massive hit, even w/o the benefit of sales. Chart updates planned for this Thursday in the Peeling off those Dollar Bills section. Meanwhile, this is what Sometimes has done on just a few radio formats in just two weeks, and it's currently up to #12 on Triple A format after less than 2 weeks on the radio.

LAST WEEK...JUST 2ND WEEK OF SOMETIMES ON RADIO, FROM RADIO&RECORDS.COM WHICH COVERS ALL RADIO STATIONS IN U.S.

Hot Adult Contemporary Format - Airplay charts

SYCMIOYO rises from 33 to 25 this week with 630 plays
SYCMIOYO is #3 for most stations added with 9
SYCMIOYO is #2 for most increased plays with +246

Active Rock Format - Airplay Charts

ABOY falls to #30 with 365 plays
SYCMIOYO #3 for "Active Rock going for Adds"

Rock Format - Airplay Charts

ABOY falls from #8 to #9 with 366 plays
Vertigo #4 for most recurrent played with 202 plays
SYCMIOYO #3 for "Rock going for Adds"

Alternative Format - Airplay Charts

ABOY drops from #24 to #35 with 479 plays
SYCMIOYO debuts at #50 with 237 plays
SYCMIOYO #4 for most stations added with 8
SYCMIOYO #4 for most increased plays with +156

Triple A Format - Airplay Charts

ABOY drops from #4 to #6 with 336 plays
SYCMIOYO rises from #22 to #12 with 274 plays
SYCMIOYO #1 for most increased plays with +82
Vertigo #3 for most played recurrents with 164 plays

The good news is that SYCMIOYO appears headed to a #1 spot on the HAC and AAA chart formats w/o any promotion. It's also encouraging that it's about to crack Rock and Active Rock formats.

CURRENT AAA FORMAT FROM DIFFERENT SOURCE WITH DIFFERENT TIMING...CAPTURES THE ENTIRE 2-WEEK PERIOD. SOMETIMES WILL PASS VERTIGO THIS WEEK...MAYBE ABOY, TOO, ALTHOUGH IT'S STILL HANGING IN THE TOP 10.

28 U2
Vertigo Interscope 1075 -211 24 10

29 Nickelback
Someday Roadrunner 1041 -25 31 9

30 Dido
White Flag Arista 989 5 31 22

31 No Doubt
It's My Life Interscope 982 23 31 24

32 Avril Lavigne
My Happy Ending Arista 947 -16 31 3

33 Tim McGraw
Live Like You Were Dying Curb 920 149 12 33

34 BIGGEST MOVER U2
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own Interscope 898 231 3 34

Great news!

I had VH1 on for a few minutes this morning while getting ready for work - I probably just missed it! I'm sure I will have plenty of chances to see it though - as bad as VH1 is these days, they never fail to give current U2 videos heavy rotation.

I posted this in another forum, but I first saw it on VH1 at 8am yesterday morning for the first time. Then again, one hour later at 9am.

When I wasn't able to sleep last night (early in the morning), I caught it around 2:15 to :20 and then every hour after that. :cool: I read a book untill 8 am which was the last time I saw the video..
This was the only advantage, last night, of having insomnia.
It's in rotation on VH1 - not sure about MTV because they have some lame programs on early in the morning, then sometimes they have videos. ?

It released itself

Aardvark747 said:
Is it still not confirmed as the next single over there then?

Not a word from the "official" U2.com. Import CD's are all that's available...no download for the single w/b-sides. No marketing push whatsover. That being said, it's climbing the charts and is gaining radio play and now I've just seen the video on VH1, although ABOY is on their playlist and on their top 20 video chart (falling off, though). No mention of it on MTV or MTV2 playlist, either. ABOY still rising on Much Music charts. Guess Interscope is trying to avoid admitting they screwed up with the ABOY N.A. release and prefer to let it just play itself out and let Sometimes sink or swim on it's own merit.

Join the Sometimes radio campaign! Go to Where the Album has a Name forum!!

Actually I did receive a "U2 Band Alert" from MTV in my email last weekend. That's when I started looking for it on VH1 early Monday morning. I saw the video twice within 30 minutes last night (early morning) and then between 7 & 8 am I saw it played twice, again. VH1 is showing it much more than Vertigo was shown, seems to me. But then again I may not have been waking up - then, like I am now so I really don't know how often Vertigo was shown in the early morning hours. I know ABOY wasn't shown nearly as much as Sometimes... has been.
Which is good news for SYCMIOYO. even though it doesn't count for sales, but it's out there being seen. and a really fine video it is at that!! I expect it to be in the VH1 top 10 of the top 20 videos by this weekend. Maybe:wink:
Sorry to see ABOY fall so hard, however. :sad: I loved that video and the Brooklyn Bridge concert and all. It was fun to watch.:dance:

Sycmioyo Vid All Over Vh-1!!!!!!

i have a bad case of the message board crack habit tonight and can't sleep anyway...

the upside to this is that i've now seen the SYCMIOYO video once per hour for the last 4 hours on vh-1!!! gotta love insomniac music theater and jump start!!!!

omg, i've gotta go to bed!

goodnight.

melissa

ps did i mention i love bono in red? the shirt in this vid reminds me of the one in the mysterious ways vid but w/out the ruffles!!!! oooohhhhh.......aaaaaaahhhhh.....hehe ;) sleep dep has set in i think....

--------------------
"On Your Knees Bono!"

I love the video-but have only seen on U2.Com; I watch VH-1 in the mornings when I am getting ready for work--so maybe I will catch it soon.

starsgoblue said:
I really hope this video catches viewers eyes....it's so beautiful. Even after the intial high of the newness, I am still saying this is my favorite video.

I agree with you stars..

The video is very beautiful and so personal too.

It makes me cry everytime I see it :sad:

I saw it on this morning around like 8:00ish. So does that mean its offically the new single now?

I watch Vh1 from 5:45-6:10am, then from 6:45am-7:30am and I see it two times atleast :D I should record it, but i'm a bum. Vertigo usually comes on insomniac theater, and once every three or four weeks at either 7:30 or 8:30 on the dot Beautiful day comes on.

I watch wayyyy too much vh1.

labell said:
I watch Vh1 from 5:45-6:10am, then from 6:45am-7:30am and I see it two times atleast :D I should record it, but i'm a bum. Vertigo usually comes on insomniac theater, and once every three or four weeks at either 7:30 or 8:30 on the dot Beautiful day comes on.

I watch wayyyy too much vh1.

i saw it 3 times on insomniac last night and no vertigo vid...once on jump start at 5 am...then went to bed!

Back
Top Bottom