MERGED --> So, is Slane still on CBS? + "Anybody Have TiVo?"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Elvis Presley

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
So, is Slane still on CBS?

I was thinking about this as I havent seen any adverts for it on CBS at all???
Then I read the off the record article @U2.com yesterday as it discusses the same issue. Anyone in the states seen any ads for the show? Its still slated for Friday at 10pm est i guess. CBS still has this on thier site
CBS U2

????:eyebrow:

It's still listed at TV Guide's website, so I don't know, I'm gonna have my VCR set anyways. I know they're worried about low ratings again but they sure aren't gonna help that if they don't plug it at all........:scratch:

edit*

I think we only got word about the special at the beginning of November, right? I checked back at CBS, and the page for the special has been updated since when I first saw it - they now have video clips, poll, quiz, etc. - I think that's a good sign. But now I'm also kinda confused now cuz at the top of the CBS page it says it will be on at 9pm, and down the page a bit at the beginning of the article it says 10pm?!? TVGuide still says 10....

Last edited:
It'd better be on or I'm going to boycott CBS (no big loss on my part...don't watch it much anyway 'cept for the occasional soap!).

So I'm thinking, maybe worst-case scenario if they pull the plug on this, we can do a letter writing campaign or email blitz expressing our disappointment at their toying with our emotions, dangling the carrot and then pulling it away......Let's just hope for the best for now :yes:

bonosloveslave said:
So I'm thinking, maybe worst-case scenario if they pull the plug on this, we can do a letter writing campaign or email blitz expressing our disappointment at their toying with our emotions, dangling the carrot and then pulling it away......Let's just hope for the best for now :yes:

:yes: I'm curious as to where all this "they're not going to show it after all" talk originated...I saw a post the other day on U2Tours.com about it, but other than that and this forum, that's all I've heard.

In my local newspaper TV Guide, there was a huge POP-era photo on the front advertising it...and a nice article inside!...I haven't seen any commercials, then again I haven't seen any ads for anything but football over the holidays....considering the site is still up and running (the CBS one, that is), I would assume it's still on.

walkon11 said:
In my local newspaper TV Guide, there was a huge POP-era photo on the front advertising it...and a nice article inside!...I haven't seen any commercials, then again I haven't seen any ads for anything but football over the holidays....considering the site is still up and running (the CBS one, that is), I would assume it's still on.

I sure hope you're right! I haven't seen any Tv ads, but then again I also seldom watch CBS. :hmm: If you think about it, it's on at 10PM...Kind of late to have a special on...What kind of ratings would they be expecting?

*still keeping my fingers crossed!*

I just checked out the thread at U2tours.com...LOL...why is it that EVERYONE seems to know someone at (insert any media corp. here)?...

I sure hope it does come on...I've been waiting for this since I heard the rumors a while ago, not to mention I have the VCR ready for recording!!

The Omaha World Herald Sunday paper weeky tv guide has U2 on the front cover and the headline reads: U2's Beautiful Day. Plus there's a nice article on the inside about the Slane special. The Friday schedule has it listed as showing at 9(CST). I'm guessing they're still going to show it.

Wow! With all the local tv guides and papers advertising, CBS would sure make themselves look like complete MORONS if they didn't show it!!!

Yeah, it's on CBS's main page, so I'm assuming 99% of it's affiliates will be airing the concert.

p.s. try the U2 lyrics quiz at cbs.com It's for a die hard fan.

madonna's child said:
Yeah, it's on CBS's main page, so I'm assuming 99% of it's affiliates will be airing the concert.

p.s. try the U2 lyrics quiz at cbs.com It's for a die hard fan.

Yeah...:lol: I got all of them right...I think it said something like, "you sure you don't know Bono?" :lol:

daisybean said:
I found that quiz really really easy...

It is going to be on at 10 pm eastern time.

:yes: Me too.

Wait...I thought it was 10pm central...*goes to look* Oh, you're right...I wonder why so late???

It still is kinda odd that they aren't running any promos for it. I was watching CSI Miami last night and the only promos were for their regular weekly shows. :shrug:

CBS best still be havin it, cause NBC is having Faith Hill on Thanksgiving night....and I have to watch it cause my stupid brother will make me, so then I will make him watch U2. :tongue:

The beauty of satellite televison - Slane will be on all night! CBS New York, CBS Detroit, CBS Dallas, CBS Seattle. I might tape it over and over just for the hell of it.

Roland of Gilead said:
The beauty of satellite televison - Slane will be on all night! CBS New York, CBS Detroit, CBS Dallas, CBS Seattle. I might tape it over and over just for the hell of it.

:eyebrow: Whoa...you mean I'm not the only one who does crazy stuff like that?

Here is what I got from TVGuide.com

10:00 PM Channel 2 KCBS Friday, 29
U2's Beautiful Day
60 min.
Highlights of U2's sold-out Aug. 25 and Sept. 1, 2001, concerts at Ireland's Slane Castle---where the group recorded 1984's ?The Unforgettable Fire?---make up this emotionally charged hour featuring some of the band's electrifying hits.

The concerts, performed in the castle's outdoor amphitheater, were part of the band's ?Elevation? world tour. The Irish rockers kick things off with ?Elevation? and conclude with ?Walk On.? Other songs include ?Beautiful Day,? ?Out of Control,? ?Where the Streets Have No Name,? ?Pride (In the Name of Love),? ?Sunday Bloody Sunday? and ?One.? Also featured are Bono's onstage comments about his father's death; and footage of the band members preparing to perform. (VCR Plus+ 2542)

It is on CBS Friday night!!!!

I have read 3 stories in USA Today about the U2 special in the last week. One article was a huge write up. Talked about the show Friday, the greatest hits cd/dvd and the new cd due out this year.

The boys said they went to conservative after peaking experimentally with Zoo and POP.

Oooh...I just got home today for the holidays and our local TV guide has the guys on the cover and a little story inside...But the headline has it "Bona"! :madspit: Oh, well...At least it's DEFINITELY on!!!

Ok I think I failed the lyrics quiz.. lol. It was hard especially with electrical storm playing in the background! :scream:

In any case.. * sets vcr for friday since I'll be out dancing * :hyper:

VHI played the cbs promo with bunch of clips looks rocking baby.
sad part is ill be at work but ill tell some one at home to tape it for me.oh i live in LA so what time will it be on 9 or 10 ?

Back
Top Bottom