MERGED ----> Should U2 hang it up? + Why I think U2 should hang it up + U2 finished?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Desire4Bono said:

3. I am so sick and tired of know it all lectures. I hate them on PLEBA and I hate them here. Everyone rags endlessly about respecting each other's opinion, yet everyone seems to think theirs is the answer to the problem and the other person is wrong, so go figure.

4. I still do not understand why all of a sudden it is such a crime to post harshly against someone's opinions. I have seen it happen all the time to lots of people as long as I've been here, and I am really flabbergasted at the amount of support he is getting here. I have never seen ANYONE else get stuck up for like this. NO ONE. NO THREAD. WHY all of a sudden? It will be interesting to see if someone else posts a negative thread tommorrow if they will be left to the wolves or mollycoddled like a baby. I just don't get it. If this had been the long running policy of this forum I could understand it, but it never has been, so I don't.

You didn't like it when someone posts harshly against you. Neither do other people. THAT is why it's a 'crime' to post harshly. And it is a long running policy. I personally have seen plenty of threads where people, especially mods, object to someone being attacked. And that's all that's happening here.

Wow, I feel like I just wandered into a bar room brawl! I guess I should have known what I was in for when I read the title of this thread...

Look, none of us has a crystal ball. No one knows for sure what U2's next studio album is going to be like - if it will be ATYCLB part II (which to be totally honest might have me thinking they should call it quits), or if it will sound exciting and fresh. I think given U2's history it's a pretty safe bet they won't repeat themselves, and the rumors I've been hearing about the new album sound encouraging. So I think we should hold off on discussion about whether U2 should "hang it up" until we hear the new album.

Desire4Bono said:

2. The SHUT THE FUCK UP AND WAIT FOR THE NEXT ONE line was a direct quote that someone posted to me on PLEBA, they are not even my words I was only using it for an example. Intestingly enough, it was no crime when it happened to me:shrug:

Desire4Bono, that post was not directed solely at you. However, it WAS directed at people who didn't have positive things to say about certain pictures that were posted. You were one of the people who had said negative things about pictures, so you would be included in that group...but that was not directed solely at you.

I also noticed that you replied to that thread and seemed JUST FINE with it. So don't get upset about it now.

If you care to discuss that with me anymore, please feel free to PM me.

Ana said:
Umm.... *cough cough* Just wanted to answer One Tree Still's question:

I still don't think U2 should hang it up.

:)

me2 , even that i don't like ATYCLB , U2 should try at least one more album recording .

U2 finished?

Are they? If you read these forums you'd think that U2 are Aerosmith or Bon Jovi. I would say for every positive post, there are three negative ones. I think a lot of the negative posts are starting to rub off on a lot of people.

Not that you have to praise U2 with everything they do, but it seems that with every little detail that is released, somehow it's the end of their career.

Face it, when you listen to just ONE band or do just one thing for a long period of time. You start to get tired of it. Some people don't, but for the most part, that thing you've always liked, or did, just doesn't do it for you anymore.

I found myself getting a little bored with U2 after the tour ended. I needed new material, and needed it now. I decided to actually pick up other albums by OTHER artists. You know what, good music does exist outside of U2. I still don't think anything really compares, or gives me the same feelings, but for the most part, I've connected with other artists.

U2 know what they're doing. They've never come out and said what they are doing. So how can we sit here and say, U2 are cowards, they're playing it safe, they've ruined their songs or careers.

Maybe the band like the new remixes, or like their new popularity. Maybe they want to see just how big they can get.

I personally think a lot of you should get out more. Don't sit online all day and wonder what U2 are going to fuck up next. Try getting a life and letting things roll they way they are supposed to.

If we didn't have the internet, not too many of us would know that there were remixes, nor would we whine about them as much as some have.

Again, my advice is to get away for a while. Get a job or something so that you can't constantly be reading something about U2 every second of every day. Come back every so often and check to see how things are going. That's what I have done and it's been a nice surprise. Instead of sitting here every day waiting/hoping for a leak of some sort to get out about the new material. I check this place at the most once a week. And the past month or so I've gotten new material/remixes that have satisfied my U2 need.

Just give it a try, there are other things out there besides U2.

xoxoxoxoxooxo

:shifty: :sigh: Here are two more of One Tree Still's "Why I think U2 should hang it up" threads. They were even merged! The first two threads here were started by One Tree Still. Might as well join the latest one with these. LOL.

Bonofire said:
:shifty: :sigh: Here are two more of One Tree Still's "Why I think U2 should hang it up" threads. They were even merged! The first two threads here were started by One Tree Still. Might as well join the latest one with these. LOL.

:eyebrow: Yeah...I think that is just sad above all else. That is all.

VIVA U2, for crying out loud!!!!

:happy:

:hug: :bono: :larry: :edge: :adam: :hug:

Well, here it is, and it is unbelieveable to me that people are still answering his same old question seriously. It is sad. :yawn: Good God people if this didn't prove it to you you are hopeless. Just keep on answering him again and again and the next time he puts up a thread like this. At least 3 other people understand. I don't get the rest of you:shrug: :scratch: One Tree Still's redundant question is :yawn: :scream:

bonofire this thread was months old and hadnt been posted in since november! you dug this up! maybe YOU need to get a grip.

go back to Paul McGuiness (such a stud eh?! LMAOFOSAFOASODFOO!!!! OMC!!!!!!!!! TEEE HEEHEHHEHE) Larry Mullen (DROOL) EDGE (GAH) BONO (OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) and Adam (*THUD) forum where conversation remains relatively simple and easy to comprehend.

it seems as though you werent ready for the big leagues.

Is One Tree Still deathbear or something? Usually the type of irritating behavior OTS exhibits with his threads is the kind of stuff deathbear yells at people for, but he's taking up for this guy.

Goes off

:banghead:

Are One Tree Still's best thread starting days behind him? Should he hang it up? YES!

i wouldnt be puttind down one tree still if i were you. i havent seen a single thread of yours that is relevantly interesting to u2 and their music.

what have you contributed?

leave the guy alone, there are many people who feel the same way he does, and everyone can post their opinions on the matter, even the manifestations that reside in pleba.

since desire4bono has decided to turn this into a bitchfest, i'm closing this thread. if any mods disagree, feel free to reopen it. :)

if anyone wants to discuss U2's future or whatever, then use the other now infamous thread. sheesh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom