MERGED-->Secret NYC Show/New Yorkers! Show's on Monday!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:up: I'm just curious to know if the press is aware of this promo concert already or if it's just amongst ourselves. Youtwohearts and I are trying to plan our arrival time for monday. The less people that know the better

'tis done.... :huh:

Ok, let's hope for the best. Going by myself, so looking forward to running into some fellow Interferencers...:wink:

Oh, and I agree, the less "regular people" that know about this the better! Hate to be an elitist piggy, but this should be for the true fans and not the random frat boy ...

Not that I know of. I found out through here and u2log.com but all it takes is one big mouthed radio host in NYC and we are toast... :sad:

Last edited:
Miroslava said:
Not that I know of. I found out through here and u2log.com but all it takes is one big mouthed radio host in NYC and we are toast... :sad:

THat's what I'm hoping doesn't happen. What time is everyone arriving?

My flight arrives at 8:14 am. Not overly familiar with NYC and I am hoping to not spend a whole damn lot of money. Looks as if I have to take a bus from Laguardia to the Astoria Station, take that, connect to another line and then get off at W 4th Street. That seems like it is going to take me a couple of hours doesn't it. Probably just as long as the flight from Detroit. So, I would venture to guess I will be loitering around there by 10:30ish or so? :huh:

I cant believe I am doing this! :wink: :eyebrow:

Go for it Miroslava! It's a special event and on the album release day too boot! I hope you (and all of us through a radio broadcast) get over a 1 hour concert like Irving Plaza last time around and that you get great weather too.

Checked the weather. It is looking good! Partly Cloudly high of 50F or so

Lets see. What else do I need to figure out> I have no accomodations, not worried about it. I have slept in airports before. Packing my Achtung Baby CD cover and ATYCLB covers and a sharpie just in case, camera, U2 ipod :drool: and a change of clothes. That's it. One lil' backpack and me against the world!

Thanks for the encouragement! Well see what we have to report!

Gaaaaah... why can't I live in NYC? >< Good luck to all you guys going! I'm all the way over here on the west coast and yet I can almost feel the excitement. *G* What a treat this would/will be! LOL!

You guys are lucky to seeing this.

How are you going to know who other interferencers are? Are you going to holding signs or something. Just curious.

:shrug:

I am sure we will see the look of determination on each other's eyes and go "Interference?"

to which the reply should be "hell yeah"

If you get a puzzled look, just keep movin' :wink:

Miroslava said:
:shrug:

I am sure we will see the look of determination on each other's eyes and go "Interference?"

to which the reply should be "hell yeah"

If you get a puzzled look, just keep movin' :wink:

LOL! I will be there with youtwohearts, it's her birthday that day (Lucky Bitch)! We may just be the ones screaming loudest! There are pics of us on here somewhere, if you find us you're more than welcome to come and play with us :)

is there any way to confirm this? 'cause I'm thinking of calling out sick at work if it's true....:ohmy:

Plane tickets bought.
Hotel found.
I am in.
I so cannot believe I am going.
I have no idea where I am going...never been to NYC before now. Expedia got me a 210 dollar ticket from Alabama!!! Thought it was a true bargain. Any locals ==pass on any info u think will be helpful. I feel lost already. :) I am soooooo excited. THANKS

kennerado said:
are people just rocking up to this thing or do they have tickets or what?

that's a good question; of course I think you mean "walking" up to this thing verses tickets, etc.

of course, if you can walk up to it, I'll certainly be rocking up to it as well.
hell, I might jump onstage naked.

ha keep it a secret, yea right

Its already been mentioned on the radio in PHILADELPHIA. Just that alone tells you that many many people know about it already.

Its a free show, no tickets needed.

I'll be there.

bono_man2002 said:
I think it will be kinda better the more people that now...More chance of us getting a bootleg or some recording of this.

well it will be packed without question word will spread or has already spread like wildfire, all the suits from wall street will come down during their lunchhour

Should be fun if you're driving in lol

Now watch it rain lmao. That would suck.

bonosleftone said:

well it will be packed without question word will spread or has already spread like wildfire, all the suits from wall street will come down during their lunchhour

Should be fun if you're driving in lol

Now watch it rain lmao. That would suck.

So far the forecast doesn't mention rain for Monday. It will be a Beautiful Day!!!

ok, why don't we all meet before hand?

what time?
where?

let's do it!!!!

bonosleftone said:

I work on Wall Street and I will be there.... ;)

Back
Top Bottom