MERGED-->Secret NYC Show/New Yorkers! Show's on Monday!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Have fun you guys! Tell us all about it. For those of you who are afraid about being turned down b/c of age. Just lie. And if they say no, make a stink. We must speak out for injustices!

U2iPod said:
It is going to air on MTV ? Today or are they going to hold it back and air it later ?

What is the deal with the TV part?

T

It'll be aired December 8th....or 6th...shit..I dont remember...

Im almost positive it was the 8th

Hey, got back a little while ago. It was so good to see and hear U2 again. They were great and Bono sounded wonderful. I'm already going through U2 concert withdraw. Sad, I know....

u2valleygirl said:
Have fun you guys! Tell us all about it. For those of you who are afraid about being turned down b/c of age. Just lie. And if they say no, make a stink. We must speak out for injustices!

No one checked tickets by the time I went through the gate (about 3:30?). We just walked right in!
The moral of this story is: don't believe everything you hear or read, and if you want something, go for it!

A very, very happy Diane L.

Hey guys,I just got back from NY about an hour ago,I'm so glad I went! They only played for an hour or so but they did about 11 or 12 songs and sounded really good. I'd estimate there were 2000 or so people,less than I was expecting. They did Vertogo again as their final encore song,probably because they weren't happy with the first version,and wanted a better version for MTV.

I got there around 2:30,there was huge line at that time. It seemed like you had to have a ticket at the time,but when we finally got in just after 4,tickets weren't necessary. A friend of mine got to the park around 4 and was able to get right in within about 10 minutes,only 5 minutes or so after I got in. What a beautiful night for a show,great venue too. At one point,Bono introduced OOTS and after many of us cheered he said "How do you guys know this shit?" Then he said,"I think we know who got the disc Edge" or something to that effect,it was funny. The majority of the crowd didn't know many of the songs so the audience participation was limited at times,making for a calm,peaceful experience. I'm looking forward to the real tour though,when the crowd will know the words,and the band will have these songs down cold. This was an excellent experience for me,I hope someone got a nice recording of it :)

Back
Top Bottom