MERGED -----> Say goodbye to old U2.COM... + new U2 website...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
it's funny because it's true....

this place is waaaaaayyyyyyyy better than the official site. u2 should just make this one the official one.

:up:

beli said:
I just went to u2.com and they dont seem to have noticed that Vertigo has been played. :huh:

Give 'em a couple more weeks. I'm sure they'll catch on. :up:

Oh my god, do you guys remember when zooropa was still a nice place, lemon grrrrrl, BIP (BrattyIrishPunk), DreamChaser etc. were all there....... And MiniBono, aaahhhh MiniBono used to write ATLT(As The Lemon Turns), it was hilarious!!!!!!!! Now they all have disappeared.... *cries a little* does anyone know what happened to them? I miss DreamChaser the most

-Eva-:sad:

Just you wait and see...next week they'll "leak out exclusive news about a 30 second clip of Vertigo".

They're seriously behind the times there.

It's incredible. You go over to Zootopia and there is practically nothing going on.

It's like some of the people over there are living in some other U2 planet. It's like some parallel universe that has no idea what is going on.

U2.com is lame. It was cool when it was first uploaded...in 2000. The site is generally a day late and a dollar short.

I don't know what they have planned for the new site, but I hope that they take their cue from some of the incredible artists sites that are around now.

They started off on the right foot - having Willie's diary was nice (even though they never made good on the promise to upload diary entries from other tours ((besides POP)).

The site should have content that you can't find anywhere else. It should reflect the band, not look like it is something that they have to be reminded that they need to update. Has anybody from their organization looked at sites like phish.com, pearljam.com, wilcoworld.net (and the list goes on)?

It just seems crazy that Interference has it's finger on the pulse more so than U2.com does. Case in point is Vertigo hitting the airwaves - a huge day for Interference. Meanwhile at U2.com....(camera cuts to image of abandoned town...tumbleweed blows by, etc.)

Do I sound bitter?
I have invested much money in U2 over the years, now lets throw the fans a world wide web bone.

Thank you.
I think my rant is over.

One more thing, when the tour starts up next year, I want to be able to go to their website and see what the setlist was, see pictures, and possilbly even a fan review or two.

That's it.
I'm done now.

Last edited:
I don't think U2.com is there for the hardcore fans. I think its just there for official reference.

U2.com should just sod off and let Interference.com be the official representative site online.

Yeah considering that they're arguably the biggest and best band in the world, you would think they could come up with something much, much better than what they have.

You know who's official site I like going to? Foo Fighters. They have a dictionary, timeline, they have updated setlists for shows and fan reports and great pictures from each show posted, they have fun message boards, and a lot of other stuff. They have a section where posters can write letters to the band, one where the band writes letters to us.

U2 should have all that and more.

I dont even care so much about the news and stuff,
im just sad that they took down the old dark green/blue
zootopia. That place was like a home to me.
I was homeless, until i discovered interference.com

-Eva-

I used to lurk at the old zootopia...just when I was becoming brave enough to post - it changed.

Has the timeline been updated? The last time I looked it was almost 2 years behind. :|

There are two things about u2.com that I really love.

1 - photo gallery :up:
2 - videos and special clips of the band :up:

fah said:
I used to lurk at the old zootopia...just when I was becoming brave enough to post - it changed.

Has the timeline been updated? The last time I looked it was almost 2 years behind. :|

There are two things about u2.com that I really love.

1 - photo gallery :up:
2 - videos and special clips of the band :up:

I'll second that, for all the nay saying about the site, those 2 things make it worth visiting.

Where else can you see Larry growling behind a cage, Edge's speech with the 3 blade razor, disposable mobile phone, and female orgasmatron?

I had no problem with the official site's Zootopia forum, until they changed it.

Edge said about their site, they know there already are some great U2 sites out there, and they wanted their site to offer what others sites don't, such as, rare/exclusive videos, presale passwords, things like that.

For tour setlists, there's U2tours.com, U2 news, many sites, including this one, and U2.com does have fan reviews, it just takes a bit of browzing to find them.

Last edited:
thrillme said:

I'll second that, for all the nay saying about the site, those 2 things make it worth visiting.

Where else can you see Larry growling behind a cage, Edge's speech with the 3 blade razor, disposable mobile phone, and female orgasmatron?

My favourite quote:

'basically, I'm making another cameo in a U2 video' - Larry Mullen

For those of you who may not have seen this go to

www.u2.com

and then click on the 'E' for exclusives

scroll down and find clip for the making of the 'All I Want Is You' video. It's worth it :yes:

I can't wait.....the site's current design is so awful....and the flash or whatever it's in makes half the pages unreadable/unviewable for me on a ton of browsers...

Back
Top Bottom