MERGED-->RARHOF Broadcast + rock n hall of fame... u2 at the rock n roll hall of fame

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They're going to be reshowing the program like all this week....including right after this one ends. I'm sure you'll catch whatever you missed, whether it be U2 related or not.

what is up with this recorded interview stuff over the performances??? at least that's what it sounds like. are they gonna do this over the u2 performances? :( :sad: :mad:

blindinglights said:
what is up with this recorded interview stuff over the performances??? at least that's what it sounds like. are they gonna do this over the u2 performances? :( :sad: :mad:

I think that's when they're showing archive video footage of the particular performer, with other people making comments. I don't think they're doing voiceovers over the actual live performances...

I'm watching it. They are indeed doing parts of the induction/acceptance speeches over some (but not all) of the performances, which really sucks! :madspit: They even did it when Neil Young was playing with the Pretenders on "My City is Gone." What are they thinking? VH1 should have just blocked out four hours for the entire ceremony instead of two- especially since they are just repeating the whole ceremony after the first airing anyway.

Other than that, and having to endure Justin Timberfake, this is looking good so far.

Bono's shades said:
I'm watching it. They are indeed doing parts of the induction/acceptance speeches over some (but not all) of the performances, which really sucks! :madspit: They even did it when Neil Young was playing with the Pretenders on "My City is Gone." What are they thinking?

Ack, you're right... They just did it again with Percy Sledge. :huh:

My old computer (P2 and slow) crapped out and we just got a new P4 with a DVD Burner.

On our old computer, I was able to download Bit Torrent video and audio. Of course I have to go out and find all that "free" software again.

Anyone have any suggestions? Where and what should I look for and install?

Gorman, I tried to listen to the audio stream, but it's not working for me. You might remember me from the MTV Jammed expereice. I was a total computer idiot then, and nothing has changed in the mean time. Any advice? :confused: :banghead: :slant:

Last edited:
Shono said:
My old computer (P2 and slow) crapped out and we just got a new P4 with a DVD Burner.

On our old computer, I was able to download Bit Torrent video and audio. Of course I have to go out and find all that "free" software again.

Anyone have any suggestions? Where and what should I look for and install?

Gorman, I tried to listen to the audio stream, but it's not working for me. You might remember me from the MTV Jammed expereice. I was a total computer idiot then, and nothing has changed in the mean time. Any advice? :confused: :banghead: :slant:

I know everyone is watching, but if you get a chance at commercial...........:up:

I think the others are going to follow the break...just heard a snipit of edge.
hopefully the other 3 songs too!...we know Still Havent Found will be there.

I need the quote Bono says about how when fans scream they are screaming for their lives...is that right? I almost started crying when I heard that.

Until the End of the World...Awesome!!!

Back
Top Bottom