MERGED-->RARHOF Broadcast + rock n hall of fame... u2 at the rock n roll hall of fame

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh man! What a great show. I was so so so glad they played the 90s classic Until The End Of The World. Awesome Springsteen duet too! Thank you again for the video files!

What a great broadcast. U2 got a near 1/2 hour or so, with some really great performances. The speeches were very touching, too.

my favorite part was when Bono looked back at Edge and called him "Zen-like guitar genius" or something and the camera went to Edge, and he smiled and bowed. :wink:

I loved the part... when Bruce Springsteen introduced U2, and when they walked out to the podium, "New Years Day" was playing............. That was EXCELLENT !!!!!!! ( I wish U2 would have played that tune..... but "Until The End Of The World" was
a GREAT choice.) That song definitely "rocked" the Hall Of Fame and the guests inside.... It was a "spectacular" performance they gave, indeed..
I also liked the Kodak moment when Bono described New Haven
1982, and how things weren't going very well. A punk rock band
onstage trying to play Bach, and a fight "breaks out" between the band and "it's very messy"... Bono described The Edge as a
"guitar genius" and a "zen-like master", and how you hear his
"brittle, icy notes" and you might be forgiven for not realizing that
you can't play like that... unless, you have a "rage" inside you.
And in fact, Bono had forgotten that.... on that particular night..
and The Edge "tried" to "break" his nose. Bono learned a great
lesson.... Do NOT pick a fight with somebody who..... for a living..
lives off.... "hand-to-eye" coordination...... not a "good" idea.
Dangerous, Dangerous man.... The Edge !!!!!
That was one Kodak moment I will never forget.. CLASSIC moment
shared by Bono and The Edge, and then he tells the rest of the world too, WOW... they really don't have many secrets between the group, and it just seems to me that they want everyone to know so-ooo much about them.... That's so-ooo COOL !!! :drool:

I have a question - I don't know if this belongs on another thread or whatever, but...

Is it true that U2 did the iPod commercial for free?

I like how Bono said, that he wasn't afraid to meet his maker, only that he didn't feel like meeting him that night. The Kodak moments were great, and the perfomances were great, they sounded great, Springsteens speech was very good, and there was a line that I remember laughing at that Bono said, he said something about Springsteen and arse!, Have to check the tape again, but it was funny. Overall, very good.

That was great! Knowing VH1, they'll repeat this :)

I thought that incident Bono was referencing was in Los Angeles, not the South, well technically L.A. is in Southern California, but to hear him talk about it, was moving. I had read about it, him crouching down, closing his eyes, then opens them and Adam standing right in front of him.

Just me, or did Adam looked a little choked up as Bono was telling the Kodak moments.

I saw a tear coming down Larry's cheek, you know he was moved.

Vh1 kinda cut out the jokey parts of their speeches too, the blackberry and working the printer.

Otherwise, good job Vh1.

RademR said:
my favorite part was when Bono looked back at Edge and called him "Zen-like guitar genius" or something and the camera went to Edge, and he smiled and bowed. :wink:

7cd94145.jpg

:)

thrillme said:
That was great! Knowing VH1, they'll repeat this :)

I thought that incident Bono was referencing was in Los Angeles, not the South, well technically L.A. is in Southern California, but to hear him talk about it, was moving. I had read about it, him crouching down, closing his eyes, then opens them and Adam standing right in front of him.

Just me, or did Adam looked a little choked up as Bono was telling the Kodak moments.

Vh1 kinda cut out the jokey parts of their speeches too, the blackberry and working the printer.

Otherwise, good job Vh1.

I love the Adam/"Pride" story too. I taped it so I'll have to take a closer look at Adam and Larry during that part. All in all, it was wonderful. The speeches, especially Edge's, the performences. Must have been magical to be there. Well deserved and well done boys. Congratulations.

Macfistowannabe said:
I have a question - I don't know if this belongs on another thread or whatever, but...

Is it true that U2 did the iPod commercial for free?
that's a good question, i really dont think they took the money, if they did they gave it to one of charities they give to..........sjj2xs

I liked the Zen thing where Edge bowed, too :D.

thrillme said:

Wouldn't surprise me if he did-after all, that's a very important moment Bono's remembering there, 'cause that's showing just how deep these guys' friendship is. Bono's essentially thanking Adam, telling him how much he appreciates him, for being willing to save his life that night should anything happen...that'd get anyone emotional.

Originally posted by thrillme

I didn't catch that-aw, Larry :hug: :larry: :).

Angela

Back
Top Bottom