MERGED -> Propaganda letters anyone? + where do I sign up and join? + After reading..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ramblin rose

Site Team
Staff member
After reading this I am now officially anxious to get the Prop Letter

Well, this was posted on Atu2 and answers a lot of questions:

Dear U2 fan and Propaganda reader

We trust you have received your letter and unique ID number outlining
the
special U2.Com membership offer for all Propaganda subscribers.

We know that some of you will have more detailed questions about how
this
special U2.Com Membership offer works - and we wanted to answer some of
those questions promptly.

The following FAQ will hopefully answer most of your questions.

Q - Will there be any more issues of Propaganda ?
A - No, the band have decided that its moment has passed and that the
net is
now the best way to communicate with the global U2 audience.

Q - As a subscriber I used to get priority booking for U2 concert
tickets -
will I still get this priority ? A - Yes, by joining U2.Com. Because
your
subscription to Propaganda was partly unfulfilled, U2.Com is now
offering
you half price membership to the all new U2.Com site. This membership
also
qualifies you for priority booking of concert tickets before they go on
general sale in January.

Q - What about non-Propaganda subscribers who become members of U2.Com
? A -
All U2.Com members will be able to buy tickets for the 2005 Tour but
Propaganda subscribers who join U2.Com go straight to the front of the
line
when the concert tickets are made available.

Q - Are all Propaganda subscribers getting the $20 reduction in
membership
of U2.Com ? A - Yes.

Q - How many tickets will I be able to buy under the priority booking
arrangement as a member of U2.Com ? A - You will be able to buy two
tickets
for any indoor U2 show or four tickets for any outdoor U2 show.

Q - Why is the unique ID number on the card I have been sent so
important ?
A - It enables you to join U2.Com at 50% off. If you want to take
advantage
of this offer, you will need to protect your ID number and make sure
no-one
else can access it. Once this number is used to join u2.com and take
advantage of the ticket offer, it cannot be used again. (If someone else
used your number to buy tickets, you would not be able to use it
yourself).

Q - What other benefits do subscribers to U2.Com receive ?
A - As well as guaranteed priority booking for concert sales, U2.Com
members
will also receive a special introductory gift - a stunning
credit-card-shaped U2.Com membership card in silver, red and black.
Members
can also immediately set up their own U2.Com e-mail address (eg.
George@U... ) with a web-based mail service like Hotmail. With their
unique log-in details, U2.Com members will gain access to exclusive band
stories, features and other online content, including on-the-road
reports
and diaries when the tour kicks off.

Q - Sounds good, anything else ?
A - U2.Com members will also be able to gain free access to full length
audio and video streams along with downloads of new U2 material and
rare and
unseen material.
Plus:
- access to all archived U2.Com news, including features from
Propaganda.
- Digital Content such as screen savers, on-line calendar and other
tools.
- Members-Only' message boards and discussion forums within Zootopia
along
with a regular email newsletter to keep you up to speed with band and
site.

Q - How About U2 Merchandise ?
A - All U2.Com members immediately qualify for a 25% discount on their
first purchase from the U2 Online Store - just in time for Christmas !

Q - Does it matter when Propaganda subscribers join U2.Com ?
A - All U2.Com members will be given access to buy tickets one week
ahead of
the general public. The more people in membership prior to the general
public sale, the more likely we can guarantee your ticket choice. This
offer
to Propaganda subscribers puts them first in line if they take up
membership
of U2.Com - guaranteeing priority ticketing. (When U2 tickets go on
sale,
there is usually quite a rush!)

Q - When can I become a member of U2.Com ?
A - With the launch of the new U2.Com site in the week beginning Monday
November 22nd, coinciding with the worldwide release of 'How To
Dismantle An
Atomic Bomb'.

Look forward to meeting you all in the new U2.Com - and on the road
with the
greatest live band in the world!

Best wishes
U2.Com Team

Edited to say: Now I will be freaking out about getting that fucking letter from Propaganda.

Re: After reading this I am now officially anxious to get the Prop Letter

ramblin rose said:

Q - What other benefits do subscribers to U2.Com receive ?
A - As well as guaranteed priority booking for concert sales, U2.Com
members
will also receive a special introductory gift - a stunning
credit-card-shaped U2.Com membership card in silver, red and black.

This is the 'special' gift? :down:

Re: Re: After reading this I am now officially anxious to get the Prop Letter

bonosloveslave said:

This is the 'special' gift? :down:

I think that was a list, I didn't interpret the gift as being the card, but I could be wrong.

Personally I couldn't care less about the gift, it's the priority status for tickets for former prop members that interests me.

They should at least offer 2 tix for 2 shows like last time around.

Now I am tempted to purchase a membership for various members of my family, including the dog just to get more tickets, but of course, I stand the chance of getting shitty ones either way.

Roland of Gilead said:
Holy mother of!!! I need that letter! Any fellow Canadians out there with it yet?

That was my reaction. I'll probably be attacking the mailman for the next several days.

I really fucking hope I get this letter. :yikes:

Especially since I read something on the Prop website's FAQ that said something about 3rd class mail not being forwarded.... which means it will most likely end up being sent to my old addy (which is ok, it's my mom's house) if for some reason my addy change didn't take.

I HATE this part of things! :scream:

Last edited:
Re: After reading this I am now officially anxious to get the Prop Letter

ramblin rose said:

This membership
also
qualifies you for priority booking of concert tickets before they go on
general sale in January.

:hyper: :hyper:

ultrraviolette said:
I think it kinda sucks that Prop subscribers get priority before even other U2.com members. :madspit: :|

This is the very least (and I do mean least) Prop can do for all of us who paid our $40 nearly four years ago and only got one issue of the magazine.

i'm definetly getting like 3 memberships, have to to gaurantee good seats. I want to get a show with GA (if there is GA) and one with really good seats. Maybe $$ for one more?? I don't know. It's not a bad deal, going with a friend you basically pay $20 extra a ticket per person.

I am a Propaganda subscriber who still had 2 issues left on my subscription. I joined at U2.com earlier this week just to insure my membership...but I never received a letter from Propaganda. Will they recognize that I am a Prop. member over at U2.com?? Will they refund me my $20 since I was a member of Prop. previously??

Who can I contact to clear this up?

i wonder how many scalpers will buy a membership and get 4 tickets to a stadium show. $40 is nothing compared to the major $$ they'll turn on those tickets.

I don't remember how many issues I received. That is, I am not sure if I am still one of those unfulfilled memberships and am unsure if I should be expecting a letter. Does anyone know of a way I can check?

If I only received last Propaganda Issue Where's is my
Prop ID where can I check this or who can give me my ID before I pay $40 for the membership.

dsmith2904 said:

This is the very least (and I do mean least) Prop can do for all of us who paid our $40 nearly four years ago and only got one issue of the magazine.

Well I was a Prop member long before that and they screwed me over so I never renewed. I guess since I haven't gotten screwed over in the past 4 years I should get pushed toward the back of the line :eyebrow:

It should be equal for all members of U2.com, we're all paying.:|

Lord, why are they so disorganized? I only got 2 issues and still haven't gotten my letter. And is 50% off really a good deal when we already PAID and didn't get what they represented to us. I'd hate to be the person who joined Prop late and got no issues or 1 issue.

What worries me is that the FAQ says something to the effect of, "we trust you've gotten your letter." Duh, is it that hard to print out mailing labels for all the subscribers and send them out?!

NOTE TO PROP/U2.COM: WE HAVEN'T GOTTEN OUR LETTERS!

I've been subscribing to Prop for 20 years...and before that the pre-Prop zine. After the last tour I think my subscription ran out, but of course at that time they were no longer accepting subscriptions. I've already purchased the new membership, but from the sound of this letter it may not help me much. I guess I'm at the back of the line as well...behind those who just joined up in Prop's 11th hour...some of whom will be paying $60 to not get what Prop still owes them??? This whole thing's kind of messed up, but I'll feel a lot better about it if I can still get good Miami tix.

Last edited:
I think most of us here are in the same boat folks. We all don't have letters yet. We'll know more in the next week or two. This process is probably in its early stages yet (explains why they might not have switched over to the new site just yet)

Really glad to hear about that bit about when prop members actually join the site. It doesn't really matter when. Its just important that you do, if you want the tickets. I'll wait till I get my "code" and then join.

ultrraviolette said:
I think it kinda sucks that Prop subscribers get priority before even other U2.com members. :madspit: :|

Ugh, this truly pisses me off. I have no problem with Propaganda members receiving the discounted membership, but I am angered that they are put ahead of other U2.com members in the queue. Look, I wish I could have subscribed to Propaganda. I would have loved to. I'd subscribe now if I could. It's not my fault that I missed out, and I don't see why I should be disadvantaged when buying tickets.

U2.com are acting as if Propaganda members are superior fans worthy of superior seats.

Axver said:
U2.com are acting as if Propaganda members are superior fans worthy of superior seats.

I think the bottom line is that the magazine is trying to go out with some respect by doing this. There are people out there who only got one issue for their membership and no ticket offer with their membership. This will make up for that. In fact, some people might even feel that this isn't even enough.

I just hope they got my change of address! I sent it to them months ago and never heard anything back. I've also emailed several times and got no answer. I'd better get that darn letter or I'm gonna be ticked off!

Lisa71 said:
I just hope they got my change of address! I sent it to them months ago and never heard anything back. I've also emailed several times and got no answer. I'd better get that darn letter or I'm gonna be ticked off!
Are you 100 percent certain that they still owe you issues?

The reason I ask is that I know there are people in this forum who only recently requested a change of address, and have received prompt replies from Terri...whereas others haven't heard anything.

The only thing is I don't have my member number. I did include complete old and new info, though? Maybe that's the reason. Perhaps I should try again, but I imagine they are getting tons and tons of emails now!

If you're certain you're an active member you don't need to worry too much. As long as you join the new u2.com fanclub at least a week before the tix go on sale to the public sometime in January...you should be fine. That's plenty of time to track down your "letter."

Roland of Gilead said:

I think the bottom line is that the magazine is trying to go out with some respect by doing this. There are people out there who only got one issue for their membership and no ticket offer with their membership. This will make up for that. In fact, some people might even feel that this isn't even enough.

I don't think it's even remotely fair. I say the Propaganda membership should just continue on as U2.com membership, forget any fee. Giving Propaganda members an advantage with tickets over people who would've subscribed to Propaganda if they could've is a complete outrage.

I feel absolutely disadvantaged by this and I'm not impressed in the slightest. I'll be happy to just be at any show, but with my vision, the closer the better. However, some person who subscribed to Propaganda who can afford to be five rows further back will end up in front of me, just because I wasn't aware of Propaganda's existence as early as they were.

Bottom line is, all members of U2.com should be treated EQUALLY in the quest for tickets. We're all fans here and Propaganda members shouldn't receive any benefits over any others. Propaganda members DO deserve compensation for issues they did not receive, but this compensation should not be in the form of unfair and discriminatory advantages.

Back
Top Bottom