MERGED-->Original of the species radio single in US-new strings+OOTS (single version)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Re: Original of the species is the radio single in US - new strings

U2girl said:
atu2.com:

Original of the Species" arrived at U.S. radio stations today as the 5th single from HTDAAB. It's a 1-track CD labeled "single version," which clocks in at 4:29 -- about 10 seconds shorter than the album version. The song itself is different than the album version -- more strings, more guitar from Edge, and just generally louder and maybe "edgier" (bad pun). The liner notes indicate that strings were recorded at Wisseloord Studios, Hilversum, Holland (while the band was on tour in Holland in July).

Collectors will want to know that the single comes in a standard jewel case with catalog # INTR11595-2.

:up: Can't wait to hear this. Who do you think will make the video?

Sorry, I know this is way, way out of date, and clearly I'm an idiot. But I have looked for this single, and it doesn't seem to be anywhere for purchase, on Amazon or anywhere. Am I missing something obvious? Any suggestions?

Re: Re: Original of the species is the radio single in US - new strings

biff said:

Sorry, I know this is way, way out of date, and clearly I'm an idiot. But I have looked for this single, and it doesn't seem to be anywhere for purchase, on Amazon or anywhere. Am I missing something obvious? Any suggestions?

It's just a radio-only single as far as I understand.

I am in Boston and it IS the 5th single. It has been on 3 stations already. PATIENCE. Bigger than ONE was...

Even though I downloaded this days ago, I just got around to listening to it now on my iPod.

Holy cow, is that lovely. I had no idea! I'm in love with it in a massive way.

This single mix is the best single mix since Please, and that's my favorite one :up:

intro :drool:

corianderstem said:
Even though I downloaded this days ago, I just got around to listening to it now on my iPod.

Holy cow, is that lovely. I had no idea! I'm in love with it in a massive way.

Please share it if you have it!!

I've been out of town since thursday and I WAS CERTAIN that when I came back someone would have posted the mp3 or something... I'd even settle for a taste of this version!!

Thanks!!

bort269, try going over to the Music on the Internet part of the forum with your request; you'll probably get a faster response over there.

I'm at work right now and don't have access to the MP3.

corianderstem said:
bort269, try going over to the Music on the Internet part of the forum with your request; you'll probably get a faster response over there.

I'm at work right now and don't have access to the MP3.

thanks! will do!!!

Back
Top Bottom