MERGED-->OOTS Video DISCUSSION

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
WOW!

This video resembles the creativity of the AB ---> Pop videos. Are the band finally growing some balls again?

This was really cheesy. I cannot believe the people that say this was as good as another brutal video - SATS. What's up with you people...it's ok to be critical...Best video ever....LOL

Decent vid........end was pretty cool and artsy........start was just a lot of boring CGI.

cresta233 said:
This was really cheesy. I cannot believe the people that say this was as good as another brutal video - SATS. What's up with you people...it's ok to be critical...Best video ever....LOL

How nice. Someone using their inaugural post (or an alt :eyebrow: ) to tell us what we should and shouldn't like...

Again, I'd have this video's babies...if a human and a video could copulate, that is. :wink:

I'm not a fan of "videos" by any band, and generally stay away from them. Just watched OOTS posted at the zoo - and thought it was quite interesting. Loved how Bono took off his glasses and just sang... :drool:

wow!
firstly thank god for an original idea and video at last! the last few have been pretty generic and paint by numbers band videos so its a relief to see something that looks like a bit more thought went into it.

the first half is dull dull dull (except for the first 30seconds of the wires - thats great). as a previous animation student and someone who works in the film and vfx industry i'm almost offended by some of the head shots. if anything they look incomplete, like they're missing a whole bunch of stuff and someone didn't have the time to add the detail or render them properly.

BUT (and its a big but) when bono appears things start to take shape and when half way through it finally kicks off and he takes off his glasses... man i almost started crying!
that is one hell of a powerful and emotional video and absolutely stunning to watch... if you can get past the first few minutes of boringness.

its a pity its' let cown a bit at teh beginning but overall i love it - it's original and different for u2 and at its peak it's fantastic, some of the best stuff they've done :up:

Last edited:
digsy said:
wow!
firstly thank god for an original idea and video at last! the last few have been pretty generic and paint by numbers band videos so its a relief to see something that looks like a bit more thought went into it.

the first half is dull dull dull (except for the first 30seconds of the wires - thats great). as a previous animation student and someone who works in the film and vfx industry i'm almost offended by some of the head shots. if anything they look incomplete, like they're missing a whole bunch of stuff and someone didn't have the time to add the detail or render them properly.

I think the head shots were intedned to be that basic, thats what nearly gives it more beauty. I use alot of rendering in my work also and know that its not exactly difficult these days to make things more realistic. Come on, if they wanted it to be more realistic, its not like they're stuck for money or knowledge, I mean look at the effects overloads of Elevation and Vertigo.

The basic approach looks as if its meant to give the idea of purity, something at its very beginng. Almost as if even further definition awaits this person or spirit in life, like the lyrics suggest....thus the marker lines and advice that are projected onto the skin. I could be wrong, but the very idea that a video has us talking like this is better than I could ever have hoped. I loved the excitement of the Vertigo vido, and Sometimes was very well-handled, but all of them have been quite 'regular' as videos...this one really is a shot in the dark towards a more artistic feeling.

Personally, the shot of Adam is the best...for some reason, god...he makes me sad...I dont know why! ...it in a good way, theres something so honest about his face, but also such depth as well....not to get too melodramatic...but it was just a perfect video. I was never crazy about this song. I loved what they did with it in concert, but this video just brings it to a whole new level.

...and how could you really ask for more.

MadelynIris said:
And perhaps Edge is a grandfather?

On second thought, Holly is Edge's oldest daughter - Bono says it's about her - so I think she's probably in her teens now and that doesn't look like a teenagers' head. (edited to add: I just looked and she was born in 1985.)

Maybe it's all computer graphics made and the baby's head isn't scanned?

Last edited:
Best video reserved for the best track on the album.

Even my missus likes this video & she hates U2.

Now I'm worried.....

When is the single being released ????

Thanks for posting the video.

Really great video, beats the shit out of all the other videos on this album.

I find the first half pretty boring, but from 2:00 until the end of it it's incredible.

I love the faces of all the band members at the end.

Best Part: The tatoo drawings on Bono's arms.

The last bits of the video were lovely, I will say that. But I guess I'm the only one who was kind of creeped out by the rest.

:yikes:

Back
Top Bottom