MERGED-->Now the quest for a higher quality MP3 begins!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
no problems :) btw, u'll just be emailed a link to d/l from, but let me know if it don't work :)

That's the second time that happened to me hehe...wow listening to this new cleaned clip and I am just blown away....this song is AMAZING!!! YES!!!!

Finally got it downloaded (love the 56k modem). I like it a lot, it's different from what they've done in the past, yet it still has all of the U2 elements. Like every U2 song though, it'll have to grow on me.

If their goal was to write a great rock/punk song, they get 10/10. Only complaint....wish it was longer.

I'm hoping the rest of the album lives up to the hype. We've got a rock song here, I'll be wishing for a few non-convetional songs (Miracle Drug looks to be that way..).

Now I'm sad again cus the album won't be out until November. Shit two whole months. Dammit....

Hold up I got Vertigo on Repeat..Ah thats better.

OLA!!

The Valencia version is fantastic. I'm listening to it through Grado studio-quality headphones, and the way they've split the stereo is mindblowing.

The clicky, scratchy guitar that leads us in is put only on the left channel, and then finally launches into both ears as Bono begins singing.

As Bono mumbles "All of this, all of this can be yours..." and it sounds like he's standing behind you, trying to tempt you.

The last power chord echoes through both channels, and then as Edge runs his fingers up the fretboard it rolls left and disappears out the left side of your head, as if he's been facing you, but now turns and walks away on the last note.

Amazing.

Oh, and (Edge?) is saying, "Turn it up there, Captain!" Kind of like a pirate, he says it more like "thar".

But it ain't, "Turn it up loud, Captain."

Where'd the "Valencia" version come from?

It's not a FM broadcast, I'll tell ya that much. It doesn't sound compressed like all FM signals. No static, not an airy section in that whole version. It really is CD quality. I think some U2 person/fan waited for the Croatia leak to happen and then felt safe enough to put this perfect version out there.

thank you UKTan :wave: for posting it! NOTHING ever works for my computer, but your post did!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i can´t stop listening to it

i love you all

and i love that song, god it´s good!

-Eva-

ThatGuy said:
It's Bono, and it's definitely "loud."

Since when does the word "loud" end with an "errr" sound?

It's "there" pronounced "tharrr" and I'm sticking to it.
Yup. Definitely.

Do these forums have a poll feature? I want to put it to a vote.

Loud? (the word does make grammatical sense)

or There? (the word that is actually being said.)

As far as who's saying it, I shrug. I'll leave that to everyone else, and maybe the music video will solve that one.

hey folks.

i just got home from a long day and i haven't even heard Vertigo yet. could someone please link me go the best mp3 available?

thanks! :)

whoops. actually, i just saw the link at the top of the page. thanks mrbrau1.

woo! first listen coming up!:drool:

Back
Top Bottom