MERGED-->NME.com to stream album from November 16th!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

enajh2

Refugee
NME.com to stream album from November 16th!!

:up:

NME_First_Play.jpg

Alan

Party Boy said:
Seems strange with all the security measures the record company have gone to prevent the album from surfacing on internet that NME get to share it a week before release date...

NME of all magazines!!!

I never thought I'd say anything this cynical, and I can't say I really believe it, but... it is possible that exclusivity=publicity for NME=incentive for good reviews and positive press. Again, I'm not sure I believe that myself, but...

Its probably a fake! Why cos anyone could have writen that! It doesnt look official nor is there anywhere where it states the exact website from where this came from so ladies and gents I wouldnt get too excited!

My 2 cents

dabiggestu2fan said:
Its probably a fake! Why cos anyone could have writen that! It doesnt look official nor is there anywhere where it states the exact website from where this came from so ladies and gents I wouldnt get too excited!

My 2 cents

There's a scan from this weeks NME at the top of the page, what more do you want?! I doubt NME would say this and not do it.

I'm guessing the album will be on I-Tunes round about then as well to save on piracy.

Party Boy said:
Seems strange with all the security measures the record company have gone to prevent the album from surfacing on internet that NME get to share it a week before release date...

NME of all magazines!!!

it will probably be streamed in shitastic quality making recording/distributing it more or less worthless.

dabiggestu2fan said:

My 2 cents

Tend to agree with you.. not a sausage of a mention on NME website. If this was an exclusive, then am sure there would be at least one line of a mention somewhere!

Points towards a fake imho..

I have a feeling this will be similar to the REM myspace stream. An Atlanta radio station is having a listening party on the 16th as well....

seems to be a lot of radio stations/magazine internet sites promising to play new album on 16th November... maybe there is some sort of truth in this. It just does not match up with the level of security record company have put on this album - why have it played a week before official release which will flood internet with files of the songs?

For all the sceptics........

NME_06-11-2004_page17.jpg

....so there!!:tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

It's got John Peel on the cover and an advert for Vertigo on the back page. I bought it at lunchtime and thought I would share this with you :reject:

Alan

Nah It's still a fake I reckon..
Same as Bush is not really going to get back in..

!!!!

Party Boy said:

Tend to agree with you.. not a sausage of a mention on NME website. If this was an exclusive, then am sure there would be at least one line of a mention somewhere!

Points towards a fake imho..

NME don't put all the information they have onto their website, if they did that no one would buy the magazine! It looks like the real deal, even the text is the same font that NME use.

Yeah I was not going to mention it, but this is a complete and utter F****** nightmare, a bad bad day for the world. I mean how can NME put this on line!! :)

The 16th is a Tuesday in the UK, maybe the album will be on I-Tunes the day before then? One week before the album release. I always had a feelin' they might do that. I mean, Tuesday afternoon is an odd time to start streaming, why not Monday?

shart1780 said:
You guys think the quality will be good. Think we'll get any CD quality MP3s that day??

I think it's a safe bet :wink:

shart1780 said:
What ever happened with the Japanese album potentially releasing early? Tht's not gonna happen?

That's what I was thinking...

Anyway, I know that a local station (Mix 99.9) is having a listening party at the CN Tower on the 16th. I would be shocked if the album weren't leaked by the week-end of the 14th with all the listening parties out there. So my point is that the NME streaming is very likely and probably not much of a threat because the album will already be on-line.

They did this with Oasis' Standing on the Shoulder of Giants album a week before it came out in the stores so there you go...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom