Merged ---->New U2 single - "The Electric Storm"??? + Next U2 Single Electric Storm??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
david said:
October is so farrrrrrr away!!!!!!!!!!

Hey, does anyone else notice the picture of Bono in Elevatedmole's icon, he looks like he has a big bump on his head?

lol.. I didn't notice it before, but you're right.

Something I got from U2 International ML about the new single...it seems that it might be played next Sunday on BBC Radio 1.

"Hi All

hope you are all well and happy and having a good weekend... just thought i would pass on a little info that a heard this morning.... was driving to work flicking radio stations trying to find something decent when i flicked on to bbc radio and left it there as there was some nice dance music getting played... the dj at that time of the morning ( around 8am ) is sarah hb..
she was talking about her wedding that was recently held in the south of france... she was saying that they were all looking at the big boat in the harbour which belonged to bono.... seems it has a chopper on its decks as well hehehhe.... she then went on about how it was just her closest friends that she invited to the bash and that how she didnt have a list for wedding presents and instead had told them all to give her bottles of wine instead.... she was surprised when one of them had brought a little box
with them for a present... the friends who brought it are apperntly good friends with bono and had spent the day on his boat chatting and the like with him and this little box was a wedding present from him for her and her hubby.. ..when she opened it, it was a cd with a copy of the new single on it called ' electric storm ' that they had just finished... she then went on to say that is it an amazing tune and that she will bring it in with her for her show next sunday and that if the music director of radio 1 gives the ok she will play it on air for all to enjoy... so fingers crossed for this and we may get to hear the new single next sunday :)... thats of course if your up and about at 7am gmt on a sunday hehehhe... well thats all folks .. just thought i would share this info with you .... have a good week all

take care

gary"

Last edited:
Well, follower, i can tell you i will definitely check out my radio if i can get BBC 1 on it...

7 am GMT? What's that in CET time? :confused:

gorsh i'm lazy

follower said:
From same source...that Sarah HB show is broadcasted on Sundays 7am to 10 am GMT. And you can hear it through the net, BBC Radio Player here:

hmm...does this involve me getting up early if i live in CST? cos..yeah, fat chance that will happen...EVEN for u2.

i trust no one, especially the daily telegraph

I just read that on the list too follower, and I don't know..do you really think U2 would allow a new single to be played by just one chick dj without it being elsewhere around the world?

Im sceptical but I hope its true!

Aussies, is it just me or does Electrical Storm sound like something Tommy Emmanuel would release? :D

Re: i trust no one, especially the daily telegraph

zooropamanda said:
I just read that on the list too follower, and I don't know..do you really think U2 would allow a new single to be played by just one chick dj without it being elsewhere around the world?

Im sceptical but I hope its true!

Oi Amanda,

I dunno...but skeptical or not I?ll be up on Sunday early in the morning...3 am for me...thinking better I might not go to bed on Saturday night, LOL

Btw, the rumour is on @U2 site already. Matt McAgee?s column off the record...

http://www.atu2.com/news/article.src?ID=2406

I'd be shocked if this were true bc that's stabbing the record company in the back and taking away a lot of single $. Just an overall suggestion for us true U2 fans, go out and buy the singles and new material even if we get mp3's first bc we want them to look good in the sales dept. and keep on encouraging them letting them know how much support is out there for new material.

Stepping off of the soapbox now!!! Sept. is still so far away for the new single and I'm anxious to see what they do with the rumored remixes!

2nd single on Best Of "Hands"

From u2log.com

No Play | releases | vonb - 05:55 PM
U2achtung reports on a copy of U2's new single 'Electric Storm' which (by way of a birthday present) has allegedly ended up in the hands of a BBC DJ. Island records have informed the BBC they will not be allowed to play the track. The single will be released to radio on September 16 and be released October 21. The second new track on the 'Best of' compilation will be 'The hands that built America'.

No go on the dj thing.

I was hoping Hands would be a separate release, but it sounds like Electric Storm and Hands are the 2 new tracks!!!

Should be fun!!

zoocarolina said:
Just an overall suggestion for us true U2 fans, go out and buy the singles and new material even if we get mp3's first bc we want them to look good in the sales dept. and keep on encouraging them letting them know how much support is out there for new material.

Stepping off of the soapbox now!!! Sept. is still so far away for the new single and I'm anxious to see what they do with the rumored remixes!

:up:

I'm sure most of us get the U2 music as fast as we can (mp3), but we buy it as soon as is available :D

Wow!!! It's great news that we might hear this song on the radio in just a few short weeks - September is not THAT far away!!! :up:

With a title like "Electric Storm" (if it's true!!!) surely the boys can't go wrong! Can you imagine the guitar soundscape that Edge will have created to go with that? I'm sure that whatever they produce next will be amazing! :cool:

Last edited:
Electrical Storm.... could be as hard rockin' as The Fly! hey maybe its a follow up where The Fly flew into a "Electrical Storm," one of those blue insect zappers you get in kitchens! hahahahahahah

Ok now, getting back to reality....

Yeah, the title Electric Storm definitely makes it sound like it will be a kick-ass tune that will feature some amazing - dare I say thunderous? - guitar work. I can't wait!

Oh god, not William Orbit! ahhhhhhhh! *bangs head against wall*

:angry: :angry: :angry: :down: :down: :down:

Still, though, new song is exciting.

My guess is it will be rocking bc they'll give us a preview of the new album!

Crosses fingers.

Hands sounds like a gentle melody from the sample so it would be a nice contrast.

madonna's child said:
Oh god, not William Orbit! ahhhhhhhh! *bangs head against wall*
I would have to agree that William Orbit rocks about as hard as the backstreet boys

Hallelujah Here She Comes said:

So I take it you didn't like Ray of Light?

I adore Ray of Light. But William Orbit gets all the credit for that album and it's undeserved. For me, what ties Ray of Light together is the lyrical content and guitar riffs. Orbit had nothing to do with that. All he did was overproduce the album. Madonna could have used any techno ambient producer and made the same album

Really, though, I doubt U2 will do any work with William Orbit. I assume it's a false rumour. He's not their style.

if U2 made one song similar to madonnas I would curl up into a fetal position and die

I think its cool, has a cool name. I think that we have no idea what it will sound like and will have to cross our fingers (especially those of you hoping for a rocker). I am thinking we will get something between Stateless and Beautiful Day. But all I know, is that it will sound like U2, rocking or ballading, and for that I shall like it.

I really wouldnt get my hopes up that theres going to be "thunderous guitar" or "rocking" music. I have kind of given up on the concept that the "Achtung Baby" U2 still exists.

Whatever they do, it will be refreshing, it will be awesome because we love this band.

I can't say it will be "rocking".

Just my words of caution to avoid disappointment.

P.S. Anyone remember the Hand That Built America clip? What if it sounds like that. How happy will the rockers be?

Dont expect, suggest.

It seems to me that the new Best Of is going to be a real mish-mash of musical styles between the Achtung Baby, Zooropa, Pop and ATYCLB material, plus HMTMKMKM, Miss Sarejevo and whatever else they throw in there, so I think the two new tracks will reflect this. I predict The Hands That Built America will be a beautiful, melodious ballad and Electic Storm will be a kick-ass rocker. And if I'm wrong, well, I guess you can all laugh your asses off at me.:wink:

Am I the only one who, upon reading "Electric Storm," started singing "Electric Slide"?

*pictures Bono calling out dance moves*

:lol: :no: :p

As we already know that Radio DJ, Sarah HB, didn?t play the single, she didn?t get permission. But I read somewhere that she still hasn?t give up. So we?ll see...

I got something interesting from U2Portugal ML...more rumours of course, but they add something to the latest ones. The guy who posted it claims he got the news from Universal. According to him, Universal said that the song will be "U2?s anthem for the 21st Century".

In a rough translation, he said that the new single tittle is Electrical Storm (not Electric) and that it was produced by William Orbit and recorded in Dublin and London. The song contains classic Edge?s guitar riffs and is similar to ATYCLB sound.

The most interesting part of his message is about a special edition of the new Best of with 2 CDs, the songs from 90-00 plus b-sides and rarities (okay, nothing new, I know...) PLUS a DVD with a 20 minutes documentary named "History Mix", with the history of several U2 videoclips from the 80s until nowadays. He also added that the CDs will be avaiable in a shiny box and the DVD in a cardboard.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom