MERGED-->New Song titles - Q Magazine + New song titles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
djerdap said:
Ultra Violet-Acrobat-Love is Blindness is the best closer combo I have ever heard in my life. These songs fit perfectly. The first two are in my top 10. The third is also, but only in its live rendition. So, PLEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAASE. Don't talk about Achtung dying. And actually, I've been thinking about the title and it's not so dumb. It was a metaphor for the Berlin Wall and all the crazy stuff that's been happening in Germany while they were there recording the album. And it is original. I wouldn't change the title.

The recorded version of love is blindness is weak...it was only improved through the live version

Listen, I'm a mad U2 fan, been so for many years, try and have some balance guys!!

Martha -- it's about FAITH. The woman had faith that Jesus would heal her daughter's affliction, even though she was not a "child of Abraham" and was probably considered an outcast by the Jewish religious leaders. And so Jesus did, because she had such faith, even when he rebuffed her at first.

City of Burning Lights reminds me of Alone in the Light from their late 70's demos. Vertigo, just sounds cool. Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own, reminds me that U2 love to throw in long ass song titles into their albums. Yahweh reminds me of church and I think it will be a moving song. Crumbs From Your Table reminds me that I need to clean my dining room.......:huh:

Last edited:
john1800 said:
Martha -- it's about FAITH. The woman had faith that Jesus would heal her daughter's affliction, even though she was not a "child of Abraham" and was probably considered an outcast by the Jewish religious leaders. And so Jesus did, because she had such faith, even when he rebuffed her at first.

You know Martha this goes to show you that Larry was right when he said:

"Jesus was a cool guy"

'Nuff said.

john1800 said:

Ok. So the Chosen People get the bread first, and the Gentiles get the crumbs, so everyone gets some bread? And the bread is salvation, right?

And since she didn't doubt Jesus, she was ok?

:scratch: Christian stories can be very hard to figure out.

Martha, I am a practicing Christian, who never gets tired of hearing people interpret the bible. Some do so out of the goodness of their heart and their desire to know the truth. Others do so to bend the story to their pleasing and then preach it as the end-all-truth. This is not the case with John1800, but I have seen it many times, so I understand your confusion.

Last edited:
How can Q magazine know so much about song titles when they don't even know the studio name? Nobody found it strange that they refer that the album was recorded at Windmill Studios?

Heard the album at a Virgin promotion last night and it is fab, fab, fab.

Even Sir Richard Branson liked it.

It is very much The Edge's album like The Joshua Tree and will have 2 or 3 No 1 singles.

Vertigo will obviously go straight to the top. Not sure what Bono is trying to say but The Edge cleans house.

It is so worth it that they took the extra time.

You guys are gonna love it.

Bonobondage said:

yeah, i've been there too, it's amazing. unfortunately i had to leave earlier because i had to catch a submarine to wonderland and meet there the edge to get my autographed copy. i'll keep in touch to let you know more about it.

Did you hear "Yahweh" ? I am really curious about this song, a deep faithful like Bono that gives the ancient name of God to a song, a name that the hebrews dont even dare to speak or write ...

I think the best part is that they said that it is a record where 'every track matters'

Bonobondage said:

Even Sir Richard Branson liked it.

It is very much The Edge's album like The Joshua Tree and will have 2 or 3 No 1 singles.

Vertigo will obviously go straight to the top. Not sure what Bono is trying to say but The Edge cleans house.

It is so worth it that they took the extra time.

You guys are gonna love it.

come on bondage boy...tell us the truth, have you heard it??

I think City of Burning Lights is the latest in U2's series of "city" songs. It is about Las Vegas and would have been called Las Vegas but U2 felt they needed to get a little more creative with the song titles for the city series.

here's a clue: I've heard it too! And it's amazingly bad-ass! and it's a BIG Edge record. Of course I'm not actually going to divulge any new tidbit of information- just rehash what everyone already knows! Hope you believe me, too!

"Yahweh" is a very personal song a bit in the Wake Up Dead Man mode. It is Bono sorta talking to God about what he would like him to do to make the world right but from an alienated point of view.

it is soft and it is textured with a big bass rift, definately thinking and listening music.

Like Axver said
I aslo think "Origin(al) Of The Species" could became "Man & Woman" 'cause those actually are previous title...
G*dd*mn I *^!# need this album now !!!

Bonobondage how'd did you get to hear it in the presence of Richard Branson?! are you a Virgin exec?!

As much as I want to believe you and that the news has given us is excellent, I don't know. Give us the break down more! don't leaving us hanging. This is very important news you have. How did the listening come about? all that kinda stuff.

The article states that these are completed tracks. It doesn't say that they are on the album. Steve Lillywhite produce it at Windmill Lane, apparently.

Martha... I'm not a theologian, but here's my understanding.

It's not that the Gentiles were only ever going to get the crumbs, but it wasn't *time* for them to get the bread, yet. (You could think of the bread as personal salvation, or as the "Kingdom of God" which encompasses more than that, in many people's interpretations.) Jesus was directing his public ministry at the time to His own people, the Jews. I cannot think of the reference right now, but basically the Bible says it was to be "first to the Jews, and then to the Gentiles." The woman in the story wouldn't have known that, but she had faith that Jesus was good and would give her what she needed too.

Make any more sense?

Here's hoping we get these added to the track listing:

XanaX and Wine

Native Son

The sun, the moon , the stars

....and crumbs from ya table....what the hell is that gonna be about!

Back
Top Bottom