Merged ----> New release date for ES single? + why releasing ES on 10-21 is dumb

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

follower

Refugee
New release date for Electrical Storm single?

I have seen no mention to this news anywhere. A subscriber of Ultraviolet mailing list here in Brasil posted a note he received from Universal Brasil informing that, due to the leak of Electrical storm to internet, the release date of the single was brought forward to September 4th...next Wednesday.

What do you all think? Does anybody have any info?

I'd been wondering about this. I mean, the single wasn't due until October 21, according to what I've been reading. However...we all had access to the song at the end of August. That's quite a gap between having a song out and releasing a single.

this really ticks me off--the record co's complain about file sharing etc.--well then give us the real deal and we will go out and buy it. I feel the longer they wait the less they will sell.

I sure hope they move it forward. Seen as it's all over the web and radio I wouldn't be surprised!

The longer they leave it the more their sales are in jepordy.

Of course, we're all assuming that they'll release the damn thing in the States!!!!

When was the last time we could buy a single that was a US release?? How many of us paid Tower import prices or bought the singles online from Australian or other non-US sources?!

*raises hand* :mad:

:rant: I'm done now.

Last edited:
why releasing the CD Single on October 21 is just plain dumb

This really ticks me off. Why are they waiting so long to release the CD single? First of all, most people who will buy the Cd single will be U2 fans anyway so releasing it earlier wouldn't hurt. Second-- Non-U2 fans will probably just download the mp3's and not buy the CD single anyway. Third, I am not so sure I will want to buy the single just two weeks before the full set comes out. I think I'd rather wait--I already have the DVD which has these versions of the Boston show, and nothing against remixes but they don't really turn me on (90% of them are terrible). I just get so pissed when the record companies complain about file sharing, etc. and then they make decisions like this that really make no sense. I have bought every cd single, album, vhs, and non album material U2 has ever produced, but I gotta be honest, if I have to wait til October 21 to get a CD single I will probably hold out another two weeks and not buy the cd single. If I have to wait 7 weeks, I might as well wait 9.

I really hope Interscope/Universal change there minds--it only makes sense. :mad:

I agree with you Ultraviolet but the difference between 7weeks adn 9 weeks for new material is a f@ckin lifetime!:dance:

Back
Top Bottom