MERGED ---> NEW album has been stolen... + Edge speaks... + Okay who.. + Stolen CD...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Man Ray

The Fly
The NEW album has been stolen in Nice !!!!!

While the band was making pictures for the cd cover, someone has stolen the original album !!!!!
This is not a joke, you can check the title on the front page ! When I get more information about the whole article, inside I will send a post !

http://www.nicematin.fr/data/nm/journal/01_UNE NICE.pdf

Even the "Ministre d'int?rieur" has been involved...in the process Dominique de Villepin himself!!!!

The album will anyway be out on November 22 th !!!!!

That's not very nice now is it.
Nice security , guys!
Nice work, Man Ray!

.....and i'm spent

yaaaaaaaa the album will be leaked yaaaaaaaaa. oh wait thats not good but yaaaaaaaa we will get the album like this week yaaaaaaa.
so bono lost his briefcase last time with all the lyrics and now the album has been stolen hehehe.(if the news is true)

We might be getting an early Christmas but i wanna know the whole story first. This is insane, if it gets leaked then they might have to bump up the album by months. :shrug:

actually I've been living in nice for 2 years and nice matin isn't really known as a newspaper you can always trust....

and the photo set, wasn't it taken in lisbon a few weeks ago?

ok, I've just read the article, there are plenty of particulars so it must not be a false scoop.
it says they were having photo sessions in a studio in nice and there weren't any external people but the hairdressers etc. and the photogrph's staff (i guess anton corbijn himself would not steal a copy of the album....). so police is listening those people at the moment cause they're the most suspected.
has anyone seen anything on some p2p site?

Hey Evolution Monkey !!!

My sister is flying in from Jersey in a few weeks and she wants to go up to Vancouver. I have never been there. What should we check out on our visit ?

BTW . . . This would be an insanely early leakage.

I wonder if I can go ask the police something more...

thank you, hope I'll have fun in here!:wink:

I SINCERELY hope this is not true at all. This could potentially be devastating for U2. If they have indeed finished the album, and this IS the final copy, well then, U2 are FUCKED. If it was stolen, it could saturate the net in a second which will fuck up sales when it's officially released in November. Is this what you guys want?!
Before this happened, I was like, OH COOL HOW AWSOME WOULD IT BE IF THE ALBUM WAS LEAKED! Now that it has happened (HOPE NOT!!) I feel really bad and I hope that this guy does not put it on the net, as it will be damaging to U2. PLEASE LET THIS REPORT BE FALSE OR SOME SORT OF MISCOMMUNITCATION LORD! (perhaps they meant bono's socks were stolen)

Oregoropa said:
Hey Evolution Monkey !!!

My sister is flying in from Jersey in a few weeks and she wants to go up to Vancouver. I have never been there. What should we check out on our visit ?

BTW . . . This would be an insanely early leakage.

Oregoropa leave your email, I typed you up a lot of stuff to do with picture links.

Last edited:
i do remember them saying that u2 were going to be in France to sort through the tracklisting, etc. they must have wanted to shoot more updated photos for the album's book. this is a beLIEvable story, and part of me wants it to be true and the other part agrees with AussieU2fanamn. we should either hear the album or hear that it's false soon.

also, it it IS leaked, the record company will have no choice but to release it sooner (like september) which would push u2 out of their "vacation" and straight onto the propaganda bandwagon and back into the spotlight. this could rally fuck up their whole plan of action.

Hold your breath. somethings' happening.

lol evo monkey and co. what the hell are u guys on about? Whatever it is it sure doesn't sound relevant :huh:
Anyway, like lew said, it could bring the album release date forward considerably bringing U2 out of an early vacation. I got a feeling nothing this bad will happen though. I don't see myself seeing this on the internet.

lew07 said:
Hold your breath. somethings' happening.
Well something better happens fast 'cause I'm going nuts here...:crazy:
And if it's stolen (at U2star you can read the article and it says it also could be lost), why isn't there somewhere more info about what's on it...???

GO ALBUM GO !!!

Last edited:
i was just thinking...this could be like KARMA on the band: you make your fans wait forever for something, and it comes back and bites you in the ass with an unexpected release when U werent;t ready.???

lol yes that was not the only copy they had! Rest assured they have many copies lying around but that is not the point. U2 are deserving of a big rest before the huge media blitz, looks like it could be 4 months premature.

you'd think that U2 and especially Universal would keep these copies safe.??? shit happens.

Tell me if you feel the same: we've been salavating over the opprotunity to hear the new songs for years now, and now that we MIGHT finally hear them, we are hesitant.

hesitant? I really don't want to hear it at all now! Well I do, but only if it does not affect U2 in the slightest (ie. he only sends the album to me and no-one else ;). Yeh so now that it has probably happened, I'm a lot more than hesitant.

Back
Top Bottom