MERGED:(Nearly) Hidden message on HTDAAB CD + Flip the disc over and check the bottom

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

paulrg

Refugee
(Nearly) Hidden message on HTDAAB CD

Well I got my Ltd. Ed. package in the post this morning and was delighted to find the CD sounds so much better in my car than the leaked version of the album that I downloaded and burned.

Anyway, on closer examination of the CD it says "MISS YOU SUGAR" on the back side of the CD (i.e. the playing CD not the coloured side) in the middle along with the serial numbers etc.

This might be some sort of last minute dedication or it might be the printing company?

Im so confused...

What does the Limited edition have in it? The DVD?

I have a version that has the CD and DVD.

I have a box set that has the book, CD and DVD.

But nowhere do I see a Limited Edition number like on the Best Ofs

:huh:

or is the number the following at the bottom of the cardboard wrapper:

"B0003614-00"

AND...what the heck does this mean...at the very bottom of same wrapper on the back side:

" EXTRA LINE IS NEEDED..."

Sugar represents sweet songs, sweet-radio friendly songs to please the radio and the listeners.

On ATYCLB, U2 were on an ambitions exploratory journey - hence they took massive risks and failed to make any sweet sugar-coated songs. The last time they made sweet stuff was with POP which was in 1997.

Now with HTDAAB, U2 have rediscovered their original sweet sound from a bygone era which is Achtung and before. And since their last sugary album was 1997's POP, they haven't made any sugar until this album which is 2004 now. So that's 7 years, 8 months and 20 days! That sure is enough time to miss "sugar."

Now U2 have made a trimphant return to their sugary sound after the bold yet bittersweet ATYCLB.

Cheers,

J

jick said:
Sugar represents sweet songs, sweet-radio friendly songs to please the radio and the listeners.

On ATYCLB, U2 were on an ambitions exploratory journey - hence they took massive risks and failed to make any sweet sugar-coated songs. The last time they made sweet stuff was with POP which was in 1997.

Now U2 have made a trimphant return to their sugary sound after the bold yet bittersweet ATYCLB.

Cheers,

J

Can I have some whatever it is you're on??

Or is the sarcasm so blatant that it's going right over my dense head??

gabrielvox said:
AND...what the heck does this mean...at the very bottom of same wrapper on the back side:

" EXTRA LINE IS NEEDED..."

:shrug: I saw that, too & wonder what it's about???

gabrielvox said:

Can I have some whatever it is you're on??

Or is the sarcasm so blatant that it's going right over my dense head??

I don't quit get your query in the first sentence.

As for sarcasm, I don't think U2 intended any sarcasm when they put that hidden message in the cd. But that's just what I think. Perhaps U2 also put sarcasm there. Hope you can elaborate since you seem to have uncovered an interesting twish to the hidden message by ascribing sarcasm to U2.

Cheers,

J

You guys have got it all wrong!!! I am the only one who has uncovered the true meaning of "Miss You Sugar"= the true inner sanctum.
"Miss You Sugar" is obviously an encrypted code. If you take the numeric value of each letter in "Miss You Sugar", you will come up with "13,9,19,19(miss) 25,15,21(you) 19,21,7,1,18(sugar)". Now that we have it in numeric form, we can uncover the true meaning of this encryption. Since "Miss You" is the action part of the statement and "Sugar" is the descriptive part, it only makes logical sense to divide the numeric values of "miss you" into "sugar". If you do that, you come up with the important number of "72,431". If we then take this number further and divide it by the total amount of letters(12) we get the very special number of "6036". Why is this number special you ask? Well this just happens to be the exact age of the oldest human relic excavated in ancient Mesopotamia. Mesopotamia also just happens to be modern-day Iraq and the location of the ancient garden of Eden!!!! What U2 is trying to say here is that they miss the sweet ancient sugar that was available in the Garden of Eden. They dislike the current war in Iraq and want everyone to miss the sweet sugar of the garden that once existed in that war-torn region of the middle east.

I think we all could learn something from this; Earth could be a spended place. It could be like the Garden of Eden was, without violence and sin. All we need is to want and miss it!

boosterjuice said:
You guys have got it all wrong!!! I am the only one who has uncovered the true meaning of "Miss You Sugar"= the true inner sanctum.
"Miss You Sugar" is obviously an encrypted code. If you take the numeric value of each letter in "Miss You Sugar", you will come up with "13,9,19,19(miss) 25,15,21(you) 19,21,7,1,18(sugar)". Now that we have it in numeric form, we can uncover the true meaning of this encryption. Since "Miss You" is the action part of the statement and "Sugar" is the descriptive part, it only makes logical sense to divide the numeric values of "miss you" into "sugar". If you do that, you come up with the important number of "72,431". If we then take this number further and divide it by the total amount of letters(12) we get the very special number of "6036". Why is this number special you ask? Well this just happens to be the exact age of the oldest human relic excavated in ancient Mesopotamia. Mesopotamia also just happens to be modern-day Iraq and the location of the ancient garden of Eden!!!! What U2 is trying to say here is that they miss the sweet ancient sugar that was available in the Garden of Eden. They dislike the current war in Iraq and want everyone to miss the sweet sugar of the garden that once existed in that war-torn region of the middle east.

I think we all could learn something from this; Earth could be a spended place. It could be like the Garden of Eden was, without violence and sin. All we need is to want and miss it!

I want some of what you're smoking!:cool:

boosterjuice said:

But those calculations actually work, the numbers are right.

Other theories....

-Someone with the nickname "Sugar" died since the release of ATYCLB. I don't think Bono's dad was nicknamed Sugar though...

-It is a reference to the Italian performer Zucchero. Bono wrote the lyrics to one of Zucchero's songs,(Blue)
Zucchero means sugar in Italian.

-U2 is saddned by Sugar Ray's lead singer Mark McGrath's decision to become a host of the syndicated entertainment program Extra. I think this is the least likely theory. ;)

Wow boosterjuice. How many goes did you have at that. lol. nice work though, if indeed thats what it means. I also saw the "extra line needed." any ideas on that one?

How odd! I didn't even notice; I just tore it out of the sleeve and it's been in the cd player ever since :drool:

I love when things like this are found.

By the way what is the address to that hidden messages site?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom