MERGED:(Nearly) Hidden message on HTDAAB CD + Flip the disc over and check the bottom

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
mkdominatr said:
Wow boosterjuice. How many goes did you have at that. lol. nice work though, if indeed thats what it means. I also saw the "extra line needed." any ideas on that one?

I was being over-the-top sarcastic. I hate to let all of my followers down, but this is just a hoax.

namkcuR: Thanks for checking my math.

just for add something:

missyou.jpg

Nice

starsgoblue said:
You know...in my culture it is customary to pass the Dutchie from the left hand side. :wink:

damnit stars, just when i think you couldn't get any cooler, you keep posting stuff like this!

Grandmaster jc said:
I don't know if this is old, but there is an easter egg on the HTDAAB DVD. Run your dvd player, from the menu go on Sometime (track by track) studio version. Click with your remote control: left, left, down, right, up...an X will appear, click Enter and the handwritten lyric of SYCMIOYO will appear.

http://groups.msn.com/U2Homecoming/u2eastereggs.msnw
Cool, well spotted!

Re: (Nearly) Hidden message on HTDAAB CD

paulrg said:
Well I got my Ltd. Ed. package in the post this morning and was delighted to find the CD sounds so much better in my car than the leaked version of the album that I downloaded and burned.

Anyway, on closer examination of the CD it says "MISS YOU SUGAR" on the back side of the CD (i.e. the playing CD not the coloured side) in the middle along with the serial numbers etc.

This might be some sort of last minute dedication or it might be the printing company?

Obviously, this means Paul is dead.

I think the "extra line is needed" is a mistake by the graphic designer. Seriously... I've done a couple of cd booklets for a friend's band and would type in filler text in certain places until I got the actual wording. That's what "Extra line is needed" looks like to me, they just forgot to come back and put in the real text or at least delete that text.

john1800 said:
I think the "extra line is needed" is a mistake by the graphic designer. Seriously... I've done a couple of cd booklets for a friend's band and would type in filler text in certain places until I got the actual wording. That's what "Extra line is needed" looks like to me, they just forgot to come back and put in the real text or at least delete that text.

I dont have the "Extra line is needed" bit on mine. Must just be on the Northern American books, the same books that are missing the Edge quote. :shrug:

Flip the disc over and check the bottom!

Turn over your HTDAAB disc and look at the center near the hole where the technical numbers and bar codes usually are. Now what do you see? Mine says "MISS YOU SUGAR."

???

Isn't that cool? They took the trouble to put that message there in that usually unnoticed place. But what does it mean? Surely Bono didn't call his dad "Sugar"? ;)

Last edited:
Actually, according to u2eastlink.com/noticias/ it is dedicated to his Dad, but from the whole band not only Bono

You know, if we didn't know better, I'd almost be tempted to think that Bono and Ali were having troubles. When he did that little send-off to his dad on SNL after SYCMIOYO, I didn't think of his dad, I thought of Ali for some reason. Next thing you know his crotch is in some girl's face. I know this isn't the case, but for some reason, that's what popped in my head. Not to mention the line in AMAAW "You're gone and so is God"

Mine says "Miss You Sugar." I got the Deluxe Edition with the DVD and "book" and all that. Maybe all those say that and the normal ones say "still haven't found what you're looking for?"

Reggie Thee Dog said:

Uh, I think that was just a joke....:ohmy:

Man, I'm stupid. I get into these discussions sometimes and I just thought it was real. It's wierd there's anything there at all so I figured it might say that. BTW, that's funny had I not ruined it by thinking it was serious. My Bad.

found Pslam 72:4 on CD case!

I was looking inside the CD case of the normal version at the bottom right plastic notch that holds the booklet into the case. Anyways...on the bottom right tab it says P72.4. So I looked it up in my bible and it reads in the NAS translation: "May He vindicate the afflicted of the people, save the children of the needy and crush the oppressor."

Interesting huh? Sounds like a verse that's been some fuel for Bono's Africa work.
anyone else see that?

Sugar comes up in original of the species too... "Sugar come on , show your soul, you're keeping your love under control" something like that. It's probably the same sugar, same thing for Mercy. Are there any other sugar referneces in the lyrics??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom