MERGED ----> My U2 iPod is on its way!!!+ my U2 iPod on its way+My ipod.. + U2 iPod..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
starsgoblue said:

Word of advice....I know y'all are eager to load stuff. I'd strongly suggest you make sure all your music is already organized in iTunes before uploading it. Makes it sooo much easier.

Im still very confused on how to do all this :huh:
I know I have 1100 random songs on my hard drive, some that I would rather not have on my Ipod, so when I plugged it in last night it just started downloading all the songs without me telling it which ones i want. So I stopped it and figured I would try to learn how to pick and choose which songs I want tonite when I have more time. I still dont really get how to make playlists and stuff either.
Any more advice since u know what u are doing lol? :huh:

The default folder for where your iTunes finds music is your My Music folder. Fortunately, I kept "real" (i.e., CD-ripped) songs in there, while I have downloaded stuff in another folder. I wanted to create a totally separate folder in iPod for downloaded and non-official songs.

There's also instructions in the CD manual on how to manually load songs into your iPod.

I guess you can always delete/remove songs from your iPod if you get songs in there that you don't want.

U2SJ said:

Im still very confused on how to do all this :huh:
I know I have 1100 random songs on my hard drive, some that I would rather not have on my Ipod, so when I plugged it in last night it just started downloading all the songs without me telling it which ones i want. So I stopped it and figured I would try to learn how to pick and choose which songs I want tonite when I have more time. I still dont really get how to make playlists and stuff either.
Any more advice since u know what u are doing lol? :huh:

Go to option (or preferences) & make sure you unclik auto sync.
That way it doesn't sync your ipod automatically.

Make lists in iTunes on the left pane, then clik & drag your lists into the iPod line in the left pane.

Walla, manual download!
btw,
Best way to make list is using the smart list editor. ie I want all songs from AB so I set Album contains Achtung & wam bam it chooses all the songs from AB into a list for me & Allows me to name it & displays in left pane.

Then all I have to do is clik & drag into my iPod Icon in the left pane.

Last edited:
I got my U2 iPod today and nearly freaked out when I opened the box during work today. Everyone thought I was crazy, no one knew what it was. no one knew of U2 :huh: . Anyway it was great and weird at the same time. The iPod is beautiful, but I need to buy a case before I use it, the metal on the back looks fragile.

stars, I guess thats a happy belated bday gift from the boys and Apple. I think it was you that convinced me to get it cus I was gonna hold out...oh well, just one less concert I can see.

WAit!? I didnt just say that
:wink:

Yeah, there is intructions on how to manually download songs in the future. Otherwise that little bugger will suck everything right up!

For the stuff you already got, you'll have to delete them. :huh:

In the future you can upload songs from other sources into your iTunes.....and it'll be another folder of its own.

On a side note: I just got my black iTrip delivered! How's that for perfect timing!!!

mofo82 said:
stars, I guess thats a happy belated bday gift from the boys and Apple. I think it was you that convinced me to get it cus I was gonna hold out...oh well, just one less concert I can see.

WAit!? I didnt just say that
:wink:

Well I'm glad the boys thought of me because my bday was the worst one of my entire life!!!

Are you glad that I convinced you to get this little chunk of heaven? :yes:

You still aren't excused from coming out here to see the boys, though!

starsgoblue said:
What did everyone name thier iPod when prompted to? :D Inquiring minds want to know...

I don't know yet, but I'm guessing it should be U2 related..what about you??

Last edited:
starsgoblue said:

Well I'm glad the boys thought of me because my bday was the worst one of my entire life!!!

Are you glad that I convinced you to get this little chunk of heaven? :yes:

You still aren't excused from coming out here to see the boys, though!

I'm sorry bout your bday. :hug: I knew it wasn't going to good at the start but I tried getting a hold of you later that day to see how you were feeling. Nowhere to go but up right...RIGHT?? We'll have to get together and make up for the shit time you had...I'll bring my ipod if you bring yours :sexywink:

Anybody else bothered by the fact there's no stop button on these things? It feels awkward having a song on pause indefinitely. :)

Chrissi, since you're a veteran...is that normal? How do we stop it? Aside from clicking the pause button, I find myself forwarding to the last song of an album to stop it.

:sigh: :grumpy:

Dear Valued Apple Customer,

We appreciate your recent Apple Store Order W9809576

Due to an unexpected supply delay, we are unable to ship the following
item(s) by the date that you were originally quoted:

M9787LL/A, IPOD U2 SPECIAL EDITION-USA
will now ship on or before 11/30/2004

With talk about waiting for the album on the 23rd, I actually haven't loaded them into the pod yet (or for that matter any U2 stuff). Waiting for the real thing.

It sad that some people on the Apple Message board feel like they've misled about the album being preloaded. I wish things would have been clearer so people wouldn't be so utterly shocked and disappointed.

Maybe Apple should have been quicker to dispell the misinformation in the media about this topic.

I'm sure glad no can accuse U2 of being misleading or not doing enough to clear up the confusion. For once U2.com couldn't have been clearer and specific.

Oh, and Boston Anne I'm shocked about your order. I wonder if they didn't contemplate the demand this product would have.

caylan said:
With talk about waiting for the album on the 23rd, I actually haven't loaded them into the pod yet (or for that matter any U2 stuff). Waiting for the real thing.

That's funny, I've exactly the same thing. I've left all of my U2 mp3's off my iPod. It's actually hard not having the new songs there because I'll have a hankering for one of the songs and it's not there to access. I did allow myself to have the Radio 1 performances from the other day and so it's not so bad. :)

Btw, thanks for the FAQ regarding the stop button. I always feel like I'm hanging when it's on pause. It's another thing I have to get used to, I guess. Kinda like not having Windows like folder systems in iTunes. :shrug: I really do like this iPod though. :up:

Last edited:
Bono's American Wife said:
:sigh: :grumpy:

Dear Valued Apple Customer,

We appreciate your recent Apple Store Order W9809576

Due to an unexpected supply delay, we are unable to ship the following
item(s) by the date that you were originally quoted:

M9787LL/A, IPOD U2 SPECIAL EDITION-USA
will now ship on or before 11/30/2004

That sucks. :(

Thanks for the advice ADecentMelody, caylan, and stars :)
I figured it all out last night with your help, and omg its soooo easy!!! I have 550 songs on mine so far, most rare U2 stuff :)
I didnt put HTDAAB or any of the official albums cuz Im gonna wait for the box set :hyper:
This morning on my way to work I listened to the Radio One show, thanks Rosa! and it was soooo awesome!!!!
I :heart: my U2pod!! I think its the coolest item I have ever owned :wink:

U2SJ said:
Thanks for the advice ADecentMelody, caylan, and stars :)

I :heart: my U2pod!! I think its the coolest item I have ever owned :wink:

I love this thing too! I don't how I ever lived without it! Get the iTrip....it's so much better than having a CD player in your car when you have access to 4000 songs with a click!

Your welcome!

Back
Top Bottom