MERGED--> MP3/Video from 11-22-2004 + anyone with audio or video from new york? + New

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, it is a huge file 4000 MBs... I gave up downloading it for I don't know what I would do with something that big... you need to be able to burn it into DVD to take advantage of it, and I don;t have the required equipment Thus, I am still waiting for my DVD I got off of ebay and hopefully some kind soul will convert this file into avi for us plebeians without DVD burners :wink:

does anyone know if there are full mp3's available. ABOY and COBL are cut way short.

You can use VLC (http://www.videolan.org/) to play the file without having to burn it to DVD.

With that said, once I have the DVD downloaded, I'm going to convert it into divx, which should take the file size down to about 700MB or so. Also, I'll make very high-quality MP3s out of it. At the moment, my download has about 18 hours remaining. Once it's done, I'll work on making those other versions.

I can't believe I still can't get this to work ... four hours, and it still continues to time out when it tries to connect to the tracker.

Hello hello,

I've tried downloading the YouSendIt links graciously provided by the wonderful Layla .... but either the original mp3 is garbled, or something's getting warped during the download. Each track I download only goes for 2:09, and it's all garbled and skips.

Is this a problem with YouSendIt downloads, or are the original tracks all warped and shortened to 2 minutes and 9 seconds?

Gracias,

Rick

P.S. SYCMIOYO is a 6.6mb file. When I download the file, the entire 6.6mbs are downloaded. Yet when I play the track, it's missing large sections. When I right click on the file and choose properties, the file is now only 6.4mb in size. WHAT THE HELL? What happened to the 2kb???? Bizarro.

Last edited:
Chrisedge said:

Don't know why you would think STG was a "bad thing" other than it's flaky owner, who has nothing to do with TTD. It had the best BT's outthere and the only reason EZT has grown is because STG went down.

STG was great don't get me wrong. But the whole ending thing was a bit frustrating.

I also very much like the idea of a ratio implementation. It keeps the torrents alive a lot longer and the speeds way higher. That's why EZT is kind of cool.

Nothing against TTD but they won't create much traffic with their current seeding rules. Just my opinion.

Thanks for seeding. :wink:

Indiana Jones said:
Hello hello,

I've tried downloading the YouSendIt links graciously provided by the wonderful Layla .... but either the original mp3 is garbled, or something's getting warped during the download. Each track I download only goes for 2:09, and it's all garbled and skips.

Is this a problem with YouSendIt downloads, or are the original tracks all warped and shortened to 2 minutes and 9 seconds?

Gracias,

Rick

P.S. SYCMIOYO is a 6.6mb file. When I download the file, the entire 6.6mbs are downloaded. Yet when I play the track, it's missing large sections. When I right click on the file and choose properties, the file is now only 6.4mb in size. WHAT THE HELL? What happened to the 2kb???? Bizarro.

Indy,

I downloaded everything from BitTorrent, and they're all chopped up too. I guess this is the best we can expect until the pro-shot ends up seeded somewhere.

Last edited:
if this new torrented DVD has all the songs without cuts/dropouts etc

ill rip the audio spend more time normalising etc
getting it to sound as best as i can and upload again

i can do wave if people prefer but file could be pretty big
and longer to download or higher rate MP3s
i dont think theres any proper audience audio recordings
as such yet

either way have to wait till this torrent is completed

cheers BB Mac

Last edited:
lara how is this DVD video of the gig?

pretty steady good sound?
worth an audio rip?

ive only started downloading it
45hrs to go lol

BB Mac

Last edited:
BB Mac said:
lara how is this DVD video of the gig?

pretty steady good sound?
worth an audio rip?

ive only started downloading it
45hrs to go lol

BB Mac

I'd kill for 45 hours left lol...I only have to wait another 384 hours at the mo :huh:

But who cares, when its finally here it will all be worth it :)

UKTan

whats your connection?

what torrent client you using?
im using bit tornado (the best)

try to disable your firewall too
and any big programs running in the back

i can hit 83kb on a 300kb cable modem
and crappy 1.3ghz processor

so it all depends on how youve set
your pc up

try changing sum things should help

BB Mac

BB Mac said:
UKTan

whats your connection?

what torrent client you using?
im using bit tornado (the best)

try to disable your firewall too
and any big programs running in the back

i can hit 83kb on a 300kb cable modem
and crappy 1.3ghz processor

so it all depends on how youve set
your pc up

try changing sum things should help

BB Mac

Thanks for your tips :)

I'm using BitTorrent. I find that the speed varies enormously with each torrent I try to download. I know this one got up to 20kbps at one point this morning...its averaging 2kbps at the mo :(

I might try messing with a few things later if it doesn't pick up.

Thanks
Tanya

Thanks BB Mac. I'll also try messing with my settings a bit. I didn't know that it could influence download/transfer speed.

Got the DVD I purchased on Ebay. Only ssaw bits and pieces here at work. Am running home to watch properly, pretty good stuff though! Camera is shaky at times, but it is very understandable. Audio seems lots better than the MP3s BB kindly did for us. Not a whole lot of audience noise from what I can tell, but I got really shoddy speakers here at work and lots of trolls around. Anyway, will report more later.

What is for sure is that my 2 moments with Bono are not visible. :sad: You can see Bono is looking at someone and trying to reach someone, but you can;t even see the top of my head cause I am leaning into the security pit... :sad:

Audio quality is veeeeeeeeeery good. :drool: Only one blip so far that I can tell and I am up to COBL....

If you were there, this is worth it. If you weren't also worth it. Will play with audio later see if there is anything I can do. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom