MERGED--> MP3/Video from 11-22-2004 + anyone with audio or video from new york? + New

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The two filmers I know that were there, both describe at least 20+ video cams in the audience...so I'm sure there is some people looking to make a buck.

Ebay has at least 2 DVDs listed already. The mp3s will turn up eventually.

BUMP

From u2preservation....

"2004-11-22 Brooklyn Bridge

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date- 11/22/04
Venue- Brooklyn Bridge
Filmer- GNRArnold
Best Quality Avail- Master-PC authored dvd
Filmed on a Sony TRV33 with a Opteka 2.5x telephoto lens attatched.
Notes- Complete show, little shaky due to the combination of being handheld and constantly bumped into- still very watchable and gives you the feel of being there.
Setlist- Vertigo ,All Because Of You ,Miracle Drug ,Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own ,City of Blinding Lights ,Original of the Species ,She's a Mystery To Me ,Beautiful Day ,I Will Follow ,Out of Control ,Vertigo"

:hyper: :drool:

Quoting GNRArnold...

"Sending out an authored DVD copy of the show today to Chris, look for it to be torrented this weekend"

Chrisedge said:
The two filmers I know that were there, both describe at least 20+ video cams in the audience...so I'm sure there is some people looking to make a buck.

most of the "20+ video cams" in the audience were official cameras for MTV... they were small cameras with professional type microphones attached... not your normal setup for a bootlegger tryin' to sneak in and make a buck. plus the guys and girls who had them all had stickers on their clothes that gave them "all access," etc. etc. so while i'm sure there were a few bootleggers amongst the bunch, the majority of those walking around with cameras were working for MTV.

Headache in a Suitcase said:

most of the "20+ video cams" in the audience were official cameras for MTV... they were small cameras with professional type microphones attached... not your normal setup for a bootlegger tryin' to sneak in and make a buck. plus the guys and girls who had them all had stickers on their clothes that gave them "all access," etc. etc. so while i'm sure there were a few bootleggers amongst the bunch, the majority of those walking around with cameras were working for MTV.

I trust a guy that has filmed over 2000 concerts knows what a audience cam looks like vs. a proshot camera.

:bow: :bow: :bow:

I look forward to seeing this show again, and cant wait until Dec. 10 (that is what MTV is saying, 9:00 pm) to see what they decide to show or not...

Is the weekend here yet? :drool:

Their were plenty of fan video cameras all over the place. Had I known they were not going to search anyone and were so lax, I would have brought a tripod in and held that up midair with the cam instead of using my hands resulting in some shots that look like an earthquake was going on due to fans bumping back and forth into me. The dvd should be up for torrent this weekend, its not the greatest footage all though it has some amazing shots here and there, its just to give you an advance uncut look at what an amazing show it was. Hopefully MTV will not cut much. The other filmer was elevated on a milkcrate, so his footage is better.

GNRArnold said:
Their were plenty of fan video cameras all over the place. Had I known they were not going to search anyone and were so lax, I would have brought a tripod in and held that up midair with the cam instead of using my hands resulting in some shots that look like an earthquake was going on due to fans bumping back and forth into me. The dvd should be up for torrent this weekend, its not the greatest footage all though it has some amazing shots here and there, its just to give you an advance uncut look at what an amazing show it was. Hopefully MTV will not cut much. The other filmer was elevated on a milkcrate, so his footage is better.

I'm sure whatever you have will be better than what MTV is going to show. Many times that show is 30 minutes, rarely it's an hour.

We'll be lucky to get 20 minutes of actual (and highly edited) music. The rest of the show will be the lead up to the concert.

Thanks for sharing your video, can't wait.

ramblin rose said:

I'm sure whatever you have will be better than what MTV is going to show. Many times that show is 30 minutes, rarely it's an hour.

We'll be lucky to get 20 minutes of actual (and highly edited) music. The rest of the show will be the lead up to the concert.

Thanks for sharing your video, can't wait.

Right, I wouldn't be surprised if they put some kind of reality spin on it. Bono and the boys are living on a trailor in New York for a day. Will Larry leave the band after spending a full day as the "human jukebox" playing "All Because of You"? Find out on the 10 spot , "Chilling With The Band". MTV=:yuck: .

zoopop said:

Right, I wouldn't be surprised if they put some kind of reality spin on it. Bono and the boys are living on a trailor in New York for a day. Will Larry leave the band after spending a full day as the "human jukebox" playing "All Because of You"? Find out on the 10 spot , "Chilling With The Band". MTV=:yuck: .

Actually, they're re-doing the flatbed truck for an episode of "Pimp My Ride" :lol:

thank you so much, ChrisEdge and GNRArnold, for posting those video clips! :up: :heart: :applaud:

i can't wait to see what else you guys have... please keep us posted!!! :)

Chrisedge said:

I trust a guy that has filmed over 2000 concerts knows what a audience cam looks like vs. a proshot camera.

thanks... apparently i wasn't there, too.

yes... there were fans with regular video cameras. i'm sure of it 'cause they weren't searching anyone on the way in. but there were tons of guys with official passes stuck to their jackets running around with mini cameras throughout the crowd, before, durring and after the concert.

when one has a video camera and an "all access" sticker on their clothing... yea... that's not a bootlegger.

I'm just saying that there were plenty of Audience cams too. You can see many of them in the pics I've seen. I wasn't there, but your quote above "most of the "20+ video cams" in the audience were official cameras for MTV" was not right. There might have been plenty of official cams too (I've seen some semi-pro cams in the pics too) but I bet there was at least 20 audience members with cams as well

Agh... I am this close to just buying the DVD on ebay. I can't wait any longer and that 30 minute crap is making me :mad: :madspit:

I know what you mean! One of my teachers this year is a huge U2 fan and he said he'd give me extra credit if I could get him the mp3's from this show, haha.

Is part of the reason we're not seeing any MP3's from this show because of the record label's 'crackdown' on song swapping?

Frankly, I'm shocked that I am not jamming to a soundboard version of that concert just yet.

don't buy the dvd on ebay. Do you know if is a pro shot quality or not? Anyway you have to wait less than 2 weeks for the broadcasting!
I agree, this whole mp3/lyrics/tabs copyright story scared people!
Hard life from now on :madspit:

I bid on it last night. I cant depend on MTV... they are only promising 1/2 show... feck that!

The screenshots provided by the seller look fairly decent... I just MUST have it since I was there...

Back
Top Bottom